Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #47

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't believe we have any confirmed data about LS apple watch model/version and this is only my observation:

I am not an experienced apple watch wearer but my understanding is that her watch would need cellular and an activated cellular plan to function properly away from her apple phone that was left at home, turned off.

If her watch was not cellular, she would need wifi for her apple watch to function for most of the tasks. I don't think LS would have been connected to wifi during her truck route.

Apple Watch is a line of smartwatches produced by Apple Inc. ... Apple Watch operates primarily in conjunction with the user's iPhone for functions such as configuring the watch, calling and texting, and syncing data with iPhone apps, but can independently connect to a Wi-Fi network for some tasks.

It doesn't utilize (and perhaps doesn't possess) the processing power to run apps on its own, and rather banks on the iPhone for all its processing needs. In the simplest essence, the Watch isn't doing something which your iPhone can't do.

5 key reasons why you shouldn't buy an Apple Watch

Thank you so much. This means a lot to me. I’m ashamed of my original thoughts about TS. I wanted to believe in a fantasy I guess. I wanted to see Gannon return safe and sound to reunite with his mom, dad, sister and grandparents. So much that I lost perspective and rationality. I’m embarrassed. Thanks to all posters and moderators that have remained consistent and loyal to this thread. Happy Mother’s Day ladies. ❤️
Forgiveness is not needed at all! We all needed Gannon to return home, and luckily he did....just not in the way we hoped. Your love and care for the victims is always respected and noticed by me, and I am sure many others feel the same way.

Happy Mother’s Day to all mothers, grandmothers, and stepmothers on the planet (except the ones like Letecia Stauch).

I don't believe that she wore an apple watch the day that Gannon went missing. It doesn't make any sense to text HH from Gannon's phone, telling her to text his phone if she needs Tecia, because if she was really wearing an apple watch that day, she would be able to send and receive texts from the watch and wouldn't need to use his phone. I think she lied about wearing the watch.
Yes, I'm not sure I believe her, either. There is no mention of the watch in the affidavit. If she was wearing one, why is there a two hour gap of her whereabouts between trips to Petco on Monday?

LE mentions her activity in the home based on motion detectors and the security system, but there is no mention of any data from her watch.

Imo

I tend to think she may have inadvertently been wearing her apple watch Monday due to her early report (T-splaination) that she was 'exercising' in the basement when Gannon left to go to a friend's house.
Would it still record data if her cell phone was turned off? She was home for about 25 minutes before she turned it back on.

I don't believe we have any confirmed data about LS apple watch model/version and this is only my observation:

I am not an experienced apple watch wearer but my understanding is that her watch would need cellular and an activated cellular plan to function properly away from her apple phone that was left at home, turned off.

If her watch was not cellular, she would need wifi for her apple watch to function for most of the tasks. I don't think LS would have been connected to wifi during her truck route.

Apple Watch is a line of smartwatches produced by Apple Inc. ... Apple Watch operates primarily in conjunction with the user's iPhone for functions such as configuring the watch, calling and texting, and syncing data with iPhone apps, but can independently connect to a Wi-Fi network for some tasks.

It doesn't utilize (and perhaps doesn't possess) the processing power to run apps on its own, and rather banks on the iPhone for all its processing needs. In the simplest essence, the Watch isn't doing something which your iPhone can't do.

Well, it does store data for 30 days, as I constantly go on walks without my phone, which is the whole point behind the watch. Then, through iCloud, whenever the watch hooks up to wifi (which it does), my data about sleep, heartrate and steps is uploaded and available across all my apple devices.

I don't usually wait 30 days to connect to wifi - it's usually daily, but it certain stored data for a 5 day camping trip when my phone was dead

We're not speaking about processing anything, we're speaking of data storage on the watch. The watch stores apps, stores data, personal information (such as my height and weight). It also stores pictures, graphics, music (so that I can listen to my Playlist without my phone while I walk or share pictures of my grandkids with colleagues, without my phone).

It can't calculate my heartrate over a period of time without the phone - but the data is still on the watch.

The instant LS went back home and her watch (if she was wearing it, which is certainly only her own statement and so probably not true), her watch synced across all her Apple device (and to her phone). Unless Gannon had his own Apple account (doubtful), his data was also in the cloud - it seems LS accessed her iCloud photos when she made the missing poster - at least it's very likely.

Btw, I can think of a lot of reasons to buy an Apple watch (it's been life changing for me) and recommend them highly. The first is that it alerts me to Spam phone calls and I can silence them immediately, which is really great in the classroom, as it's awkward to have to use my phone, unlock it, etc I have about a dozen other reasons (mainly health related) but the watch is also a lot of fun. I'm watching the UV indicator right now to see when to go sit and get my Vitamin D.

The only people who don't love them are Android users, ha. They write about it quite a bit.

...I have nightmares of what Gannon’s last few living moments must have been like, the terror he must have felt. #Justice4Gannon #Here4Gannon

I also have such vivid nightmares and waking thoughts about this sweet boy, having been a victim of domestic abuse. The terror of having a loved one who should protect you, hurt you instead is so difficult. You know they SHOULD love you, but they don't... As kids we imagine monsters under the bed, but SHE was a real monster he could never wake up from.

Would it still record data if her cell phone was turned off? She was home for about 25 minutes before she turned it back on.

Yes. I forget my phone at home all the time. While I no longer get phone call alerts or message alerts, it does my pulse, stores it, records any exercise I do, records my steps, how often I stand up, and calculates the calories I've burned as part of its in-built technology. It also does a number of alerts without the phone - and plays music through headphones, without the phone.

You can't download music to it directly, but you can transfer music to the watch from your phone, and the music is there until you delete it. Stores lots of data, really - as much as my first home computer.

You can, for example, download a map to your watch and leave your phone at home - that's a reason it's so popular with joggers, runners and bicyclists. You can even download instructions to take a particular route, which Siri will announce to you as you bike or run, even if your phone is miles and miles away.

I don't have the cellular version, just the regular version. The only reason I'd get the cellular is if I really were running or jogging so frequently that I wanted more streaming music (it will stream from my Amazon music account only if I take my phone).

I don't think she would leave her Apple watch at Petco either (if she actually wore it). She also says that she took a selfie with GS on her phone in the car which that turned out to be a lie on both counts.
If she was wearing one and realized that she had it on and could be tracked, I would wonder if she had a spare key/fob to HH's car and tossed it into the trunk temporarily before she went on her 2-hr off the grid ride (purely speculating).
Has it been confirmed she owns an Apple watch? I don't recall seeing one on her wrist during her interview.
Edit: I just realized that LE would have confiscated the watch if she had one.
moo
We only have her say about the apple watch. And shes such a liar. And as they say, the most dangerous liars are those who think they are telling the truth.

I still think after GS got into the truck, LS jumped in, took a selfie on her cell, jumped out, took it in the house, locked it and left.

Excellent post!!!!!!

I don't know. And T may not have known all about Apple Watch capabilities. But she may have been worried that it could have recorded her data. Also she may have been doing a lot of 'exercisizing' after she turned her phoned back on as well.

@itsmyworld, I admire your courage to share your story as it offers invaluable insight into the mind of an abused child ... and into the mind of Gannon Stauch.

First and foremost, child abusers place the responsibility of carrying the shame onto the child. My hope is that you gave it back to your abuser where it belongs. Second, abusers also place the responsibility of the consequences of discovery onto the child. Third, the abuser begins a smear campaign and triangulation against the child with other family members to ensure the child is isolated and NOT believed in the event they tell. And Fourth, the abused child is targeted as the family scapegoat which serves to keep all others in line. Without outside intervention, the abused child doesn't stand a chance.

One must be aware of these tactics before they can recognize them. In this case, there are signs of all four tactics at work against Gannon:
  • Gannon's abuse was unknown and unreported, an indicator of shame,
  • TS's devalued Gannon as if it was acceptable to others, an indicator of a smear campaign already in the works,
  • There is blatant triangulation to control AS's thoughts about GS.
  • GS denied LS's complaint to LH of mistreatment by TS, an indicator that he feared the consequences,
  • After LS's complaint about TS, LH went mama bear and AS fiercely defended TS then then demanded an apology to her, an indicator of GS protecting his mother and father from TS's wrath.
  • Despite HH's loving memorial video of GS, she refused to cooperate with LE in the investigation of his brutal and savage murder, and indication that GS was the family scapegoat. Siding or helping him assured consequences.
Every child is born with the longing to be loved and protected by their parents - it's grounded in their survival instinct. I treated too many children that were hospitalized as a result of physical abuse. And it is completely gut-wrenching to hear them wake up and cry for the parent that abused them.

I suspect Gannon felt responsible to protect his mother, to protect his parent's relationship, his father's new marriage, his baby sister, and even his family from eviction from their home. He is a hero and he ushered in the exposure of the Evil that infected his family. We can be thankful that Gannon will no longer feel afraid or carry the burdens of the responsibility forced upon him. His family is now safe, and he is free.

I had a fantasy that the court made one exception for Gannon's justice ... they sentenced TS to be in a room alone with Gannon's mother for one hour.

@itsmyworld, your post is a good reminder of the reason we are all here ...
We want justice for Gannon!
BBM- I agree.. heck, I would LOVE just 5 minutes in a room with her..she wouldn't last an hour. LOL
Also- regarding your remarks about abused children-I agree
My best friend who I met when we were 13 yrs old never indicated anything about being sexually abused by her dad...Until we were in our 30's and at a Halloween party.
Something must have triggered in her and I remember spending an hour or so in another room at the party when she told me.
She felt it was her fault.
I was appalled and angry at her for even thinking for one minute that it was her fault.
He$$ NO-- it is all his fault ..not hers, but as a child and teenager, she felt it was her fault.
I then made it a mission to read up ( we didn't have google or internet back then) but I read about other cases and took psychology classes to try to understand this thinking process.
Unfortunately, young people do think it is their fault.
I think Gannon felt, because LS made him feel that way, that all things wrong in their life, their world, was his fault.
My heart bleeds for him.
My heart despises her.
#gannonstrong

I could be mistaken, but I believe the Tiguan has tinted windows. With tinted windows it would be hard to see inside the car especially at night even with a light on in the garage. Not unless the officer shined his flashlight into the windows. It would be interesting to see what comes of that. moo

Ha! We think alike. I looked up the Tiguan and found photos... they all have fairly dark tinted windows, all around. It seems it's a standard for that make and model. I just had to check it out because I think the person who suggested a police cam may have picked up on the suitcase was thinking "outside the box" and I thought that was a very good idea. Everybody on WS is always thinking. There are so many good theories here.

Ha! We think alike. I looked up the Tiguan and found photos... they all have fairly dark tinted windows, all around. It seems it's a standard for that make and model. I just had to check it out because I think the person who suggested a police cam may have picked up on the suitcase was thinking "outside the box" and I thought that was a very good idea. Everybody on WS is always thinking. There are so many good theories here.
Also in the RD sec cam video the Tiguan windows look pretty dark. I tried shining a light into the cargo area of my car and couldn't see in but also my car was parked nose in so I was standing near the garage door.

Yes, I'm not sure I believe her, either. There is no mention of the watch in the affidavit. If she was wearing one, why is there a two hour gap of her whereabouts between trips to Petco on Monday?

LE mentions her activity in the home based on motion detectors and the security system, but there is no mention of any data from her watch.

Imo

Early on I thought the chances were good that she was wearing one. We had a lot of in depth discussions about it on here in the first few weeks. An Apple tech even educated us about the ins & outs of the technology and what LE could know if she was wearing one that day.
Again the only source we have that she was wearing one is the Queen of All Liars herself, LS! It’s been said that she liked to peruse online crime groups & may have even lurked on here in those early weeks when the watch was discussed! I think LS knew many were talking about the watch & it sounded good so she threw it out there in her interview! Sounded like a good alibi to her.....LE knew where I went because they could track me with my watch so I couldn’t have done this! I don’t think she was wearing one, she just wanted us & LE to think so!

MOO. JMO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads