Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #48

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
LS isn't legally insane IMO. She may have mental health issues, but that doesn't negate her culpability for committing this murder. She was sickeningly crafty enough to get Gannon's remains to Florida without detection after all.

What is shocking to me is how nobody close to her/family picked up on what was happening in this home. I think she was emotionally and perhaps physically abusive to these children during the entire marriage. :(

I wonder if we'll hear anything about previous welfare concerns from other family, school personnel, or friends and coworkers during trial?

MOO

Good morning, friends...

giphy.gif

I find it interesting that LS has already tired of feeling constricted while languishing in jail and seems to want nothing so much as to break out and be free again.
I don't know what life was like for Gannon while living in a house with LS in the position of being the decider of all things having to do with his daily life.
I'm pretty sure that Gannon was held as a prisoner by LS from the moment of LS's first, injurious attack against him on that night.. at least from that night, imo.
He had no hope of escaping from from her from that moment of injury on to the end of his life at her hands.
Whether by taking his phone from him so he couldn't call his parents... to being given sedatives to incapacitate him... or LS remaining awake all night to make sure he couldn't leave the home while she planned his murder. Whatever she decided to do, she did and he had no control any longer of what was to happen.
Ticking off the minutes and the hours; so few that he had left in life... she was the only one who made decisions about his life.
So, if LS is feeling "cagey" and confined and miserable in her own fate; pity for her just doesn't reach me at all.
My only thought is that now she knows what it feels like to have someone else make all her life's decisions and every day of her life henceforth will take place as a prisoner. Now, if she's even capable, she might have some inkling of what Gannon must have felt and that's only if she can make her mind even temporarily think of another person other than herself. But, either way, the result is the same.
Welcome to the future of every day for the rest of your life, LS.

Is it possible LS was trying to explain away Gannon's trips to the gate in the back yard to LE because Gannon was able to try and break free from her during that night's events? LS invented Gannon checking of the gate as "the little man of the house" (paraphrased) and she had to have made that up for a reason, imo.

LS isn't legally insane IMO. She may have mental health issues, but that doesn't negate her culpability for committing this murder. She was sickeningly crafty enough to get Gannon's remains to Florida without detection after all.

What is shocking to me is how nobody close to her/family picked up on what was happening in this home. I think she was emotionally and perhaps physically abusive to these children during the entire marriage. :(

I wonder if we'll hear anything about previous welfare concerns from other family, school personnel, or friends and coworkers during trial?

MOO
BBM
This has been bothering me. How was she able to conceal her abuse to the children? She is one of those people that make their profession about being around children because they desire to abuse children. And people trust these people. moo
And I have to wonder what all HH endured even before LS's marriage to AS. And I wonder about Stockholm Syndrome with her. moo

Questions:
Will a competency exam also include a full psychological exam? And in this case, will HIPAA prevent disclosure of those results?

My brief research on "The Dark Triad" didn't clearly reveal if that determination was possible in a full psychological exam.

According to the complaint, TS was competent enough to further instruct Bochard to "throw the note away in the toilet" [pg 3, para 3].

My hope is that the motivation behind the request for a competency exam is a part of assuring due process and possibly a tactic to allow the defense more time to prepare for the trial.

Justice for Gannon!

Your post about TS instructing Bochard to flush the note reminded me of Patrick Frazee. I would bet TS knew that and incorporated that into her little charade.

Does anyone else get the sense that LS is one of the dumbest criminals we have ever had the displeasure to get to know? I mean Wow!!! Escape plan, the things she says? She actually thought she would be able to escape and told her daughter not to worry if she hears she is no longer in jail. I am just so floored by this person.
IMO, I think this is why she is going to have a mental evaluation. But what do I know. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

ETA: I am behind. All of this mentioned in my post may have already been covered or discussed. I’m still going to share my opinion though. Especially considering I have experience with crazies.
IMHO from my experiences with my bipolar high strung maniac family members (for real) this hair-brained idea of hers sounds like a classic symptom of mania. In fact looking back on her overall behavior she’s seemed pretty manic the entire time. From the talkativeness, impulsivity, risk taking behaviors, outburst, rapid speech, etc... Bipolar disorder - Symptoms and causes

Last edited:
Is it possible LS was trying to explain away Gannon's trips to the gate in the back yard to LE because Gannon was able to try and break free from her during that night's events? LS invented Gannon checking of the gate as "the little man of the house" (paraphrased) and she had to have made that up for a reason, imo.

JMO
That is entirely possible.
She has a tendency to add bits of truth in with her lies so it makes sense.

Instead of "Gannon had the only key", maybe she had the only key as a way to prevent him from getting out and away from the home.

Instead of "He ran away", it could have been he tried to run away but she kept stopping him.

The back and forth to the gate story may have been a cover for a few times she caught him at the gate trying to get out.

I think crime labs in Florida may be in a greater state of disarray than we realize. Isn't the idea that some of Gannon's remains will be sent back to Colorado for testing? If FL has had a delay in doing the sequencing, it makes sense for Colorado to arrange to do it. I am guessing that merely suggesting such a transfer takes time and a process.

I think prosecutors in both states know it's Gannon. The DNA results are for the jury, as are the dental results (just in case Letecia's defense tries some ridiculous claim that it's not Gannon). It's not urgent to run the DNA, if there's a more urgent use of a PCR machine in FL, then Colorado should simply go ahead and do the testing.
Has it ever been revealed by LE or CoS DA what evidence was found or used to determine Gannon was indeed the body found in Florida? If DNA wasn’t used, and dental comparisons were recently conclusive, how was it determined 2 days after the body was discovered that made them know 100% it was Gannon. I try to keep up here and on Social media as well as news, but maybe I missed it. Was it the identification of the “suitcase” itself (maybe ID’d by AS as one he owned, or something found with the body that lead them to be 100% sure it was G. The decomposition was very bad as we just learned in TS’s latest hearing. Thanks in advance.
#Here4Gannon

Colorado Judicial Branch

New doc posted today. Maybe I'm getting my hopes up, but it mentions that if she is found guilty, she can receive life in prison or the DP...

Wishful thinking? Possibly.
If ever there was a human deserving of the death penalty, it’s the monster charged with Gannon’s murder! MOO

Has it ever been revealed by LE or CoS DA what evidence was found or used to determine Gannon was indeed the body found in Florida? If DNA wasn’t used, and dental comparisons were recently conclusive, how was it determined 2 days after the body was discovered that made them know 100% it was Gannon. I try to keep up here and on Social media as well as news, but maybe I missed it. Was it the identification of the “suitcase” itself (maybe ID’d by AS as one he owned, or something found with the body that lead them to be 100% sure it was G. The decomposition was very bad as we just learned in TS’s latest hearing. Thanks in advance.
#Here4Gannon

JMO
Im not sure but yeah that is a good guess that the brown suitcase alone combined with finding a small boy's body would be the first big clue it was probably him. That and his clothes if found, his shoes if found, his hair color, etc. would have all matched his description and would have all but clinched the early assumption it had to be him. LE always has to make a definite ID forensically but once they got enough obvious clues then its just a formality at that point.

BBM
This has been bothering me. How was she able to conceal her abuse to the children? She is one of those people that make their profession about being around children because they desire to abuse children. And people trust these people. moo
And I have to wonder what all HH endured even before LS's marriage to AS. And I wonder about Stockholm Syndrome with her. moo
What I’ve read on a few posts from sources we can’t use, makes me think her abuse wasn’t concealed! I think we will learn a LOT more about her abuse, verbal & physical as well as emotional abuse! The problem is no one thought she would go this far! IMO, any abuse should never be overlooked or “explained away.” (as some people do). MOO

JMO
Im not sure but yeah that is a good guess that the brown suitcase alone combined with finding a small boy's body would be the first big clue it was probably him. That and his clothes if found, his shoes if found, his hair color, etc. would have all matched his description and would have all but clinched the early assumption it had to be him. LE always has to make a definite ID forensically but once they got enough obvious clues then its just a formality at that point.
Thank you @Hatfield Makes sense it was a combination of things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member