Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *Arrest* #50

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I found this article from right after LS’s arrest. I realize that most of us don’t consider this publication in the utmost regard for accuracy IMO but I feel it’s a fair and accurate report of her past criminal charges. It seems to match what we were able to find in public records on the threads back then.

https://www.the-sun.com/news/461989/letetcia-stauch-stepmother-gannon-murder-arrest/

This latest charge caps off a lengthy arrest record for Letecia that goes back two decades.

Letecia Hardin was an accomplished student who was frequently named to the honor role and excelled in extracurricular activities when she was first picked up by police.

It was soon after she graduated high school in 2001 that she was arrested for stealing a car in North Carolina.

The Robesonian reported at the time that she "was found guilty of felony larceny which was reduced to misdemeanor unauthorized use of a vehicle."

For that offense, Letecia was sentenced to 45 days in jail but given credit for time served.

She was also put on probation for 18 months and order to pay just over $1,000.

That same year she was also charged with communicating threats and simple assault, but those counts seemed to be dropped as part of her deal with prosecutors in the felony larceny case, court docs show.

It was also traffic offenses that got Letecia picked up in Virginia a few years later, but she was able to get off after paying a fine for these minor offenses, according to court records.

Her next arrest was in 2010, by which time she was going by Letecia Hunt.

The newly-married teacher, who had graduated from Liberty University by then, was cited for domestic violence and domestic abuse in Horry County, South Carolina, court docs show.

That is the same county she was arrested in on Monday.

Those charges were eventually dropped and there is no online record of the court filing.

The Clerk of Courts for Horry County did not respond to multiple requests for comment over the past week.

Letecia Hunt began going by Tecia soon after that arrest, and eventually got a job teaching in South Carolina.
How did LS pass the background check to be a Teacher??? I wouldn't trust her with a pet slug, let alone innocent and impressionable students!

I found this article from right after LS’s arrest. I realize that most of us don’t consider this publication in the utmost regard for accuracy IMO but I feel it’s a fair and accurate report of her past criminal charges. It seems to match what we were able to find in public records on the threads back then.

https://www.the-sun.com/news/461989/letetcia-stauch-stepmother-gannon-murder-arrest/

This latest charge caps off a lengthy arrest record for Letecia that goes back two decades.

Letecia Hardin was an accomplished student who was frequently named to the honor role and excelled in extracurricular activities when she was first picked up by police.

It was soon after she graduated high school in 2001 that she was arrested for stealing a car in North Carolina.

The Robesonian reported at the time that she "was found guilty of felony larceny which was reduced to misdemeanor unauthorized use of a vehicle."

For that offense, Letecia was sentenced to 45 days in jail but given credit for time served.

That same year she was also charged with communicating threats and simple assault, but those counts seemed to be dropped as part of her deal with prosecutors in the felony larceny case, court docs show.

It was also traffic offenses that got Letecia picked up in Virginia a few years later, but she was able to get off after paying a fine for these minor offenses, according to court records.

The newly-married teacher, who had graduated from Liberty University by then, was cited for domestic violence and domestic abuse in Horry County, South Carolina, court docs show.

Those charges were eventually dropped and there is no online record of the court filing.

The Clerk of Courts for Horry County did not respond to multiple requests for comment over the past week.

Letecia Hunt began going by Tecia soon after that arrest, and eventually got a job teaching in South Carolina.
It infuriates me that this criminal was allowed to teach!

How did LS pass the background check to be a Teacher??? I wouldn't trust her with a pet slug, let alone innocent and impressionable students!
She did get caught eventually. A spokesman for one of the schools she applied to said they noticed something odd, or inconsistent with what she told them. Or maybe they were able to track down a record of her conviction. I can't remember now. Imo

Pembroke, North Carolina
Maiden Name — Letecia Hardin

Tecia Lynn's Page

Thank you for posting. I already knew her maiden name as I said in my post I'd been reading local papers blah blah her top wins in sports etc.

She must have done something bad Way way back to turn out like she is now IMO. So, do you have ideas what that could be?

That's the paper I'd been going through too. She didn't seem to have any problems whilst at school but possibly her final year or just after leaving, things changed didn't they. I suppose it's possible she got in with the wrong crowd. THEN 2010 domestic violence and domestic abuse, maybe that was her turning point? I'm just curious, nosey som3 call it lol.

Thank you for posting. I already knew her maiden name as I said in my post I'd been reading local papers blah blah her top wins in sports etc.

She must have done something bad Way way back to turn out like she is now IMO. So, do you have ideas what that could be?
I wish I knew.

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish I knew.

<modsnip>
So many horrible things happened in that community. I prefer not to think about it. JMO: we need to protect our children period. Tecia was once that child. Then Gannon was that child. We are adults and we must do better. Indigenous communities are at particular risk.

So many horrible things happened in that community. I prefer not to think about it. JMO: we need to protect our children period. Tecia was once that child. Then Gannon was that child. We are adults and we must do better. Indigenous communities are at particular risk.
I actually grew up in a small town 20 miles outside of Lumberton — I totally agree with you.

I actually grew up in a small town 20 miles outside of Lumberton — I totally agree with you.
I knew a man who was born to an indigenous community. He ended up in foster care outside of the indigenous community for almost all of his childhood but when I met him in his 30s he told me he thought he was a product of incest. I can’t recall the details. It was the father or grandfather. He was aware of this and spoke of it. He was an advocate for foster youth. And then he went and did the same thing. Sexual abuse of his own offspring. Horrific. Even when aware of the generational patterns, they can recur. He is now in prison on a very long sentence. As much as I hate what Tecia did and as much as I believe she should get a VERY long prison sentence, I can also see a lot of red flags in her upbringing. And it’s those that I hope we can prevent and more effectively protect against. JMO.

I’m wondering what her defense will be. I initially thought she might try to blame Gannon, saying he attacked her (or his sister or HH) and, in trying to subdue him, she accidentally killed him. Lately I’ve been thinking she may try to blame her daughter, especially if her daughter has cooperated with the DA in any way. I think she’d see that as a major betrayal. I doubt she has even the slightest bit of maternal instinct. IMO she’d have no problem throwing her own child in front of a speeding train to save her own @$$.

I’m wondering what her defense will be. I initially thought she might try to blame Gannon, saying he attacked her (or his sister or HH) and, in trying to subdue him, she accidentally killed him. Lately I’ve been thinking she may try to blame her daughter, especially if her daughter has cooperated with the DA in any way. I think she’d see that as a major betrayal. I doubt she has even the slightest bit of maternal instinct. IMO she’d have no problem throwing her own child in front of a speeding train to save her own @$$.

Big tactical decision to make: Stick to the Eguardo story or not.

If this has been answered already I apologize. I haven't read every single page, once Gannon's body was found I had to back away for awhile.
Has there ever been a release of the official coroner's report on cause of death for Gannon? I have read the affidavits and all of the articles and timelines on what they are pretty sure happened. Just wondered if anything had ever been officially released?

Lost wages... child care... this will be exhausting, emotionally as well as financially. EBM adding JMO

Yes. There’s so much waiting time in trials IMO. In my area, day camps are roughly 1k per week per child and sitters are $18-20/hr, just to provide some child care costs. She may have trusted friends taking time off work to watch her family/home/pets. There’s also all the miscellaneous expenses that add up - airport parking, cabs/rental cars, maybe some new clothing, etc.

I’m guessing that there’s a cap on reimbursement - 60 per day for meals, for example. If that sounds lavish, remember that she’s likely limited to room service and restaurants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cryptocloud155