Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The media availability is over. Media are not allowed to walk around or proceed farther in. An Amber Alert was not issued because criteria was not met, PIO said. She was unaware of which were not met. The land being searched is a mix of public, private. #GannonStauch @csgazette

4:18PM - 2/13/20
Gazette Erin Prater on Twitter
Thanks !

LE have reasons as to where the search is located.
And hopefully any evidence that LS erased was able to be recovered ?
And if LS did this ---erasing evidence doesn't look guilty at all.... :rolleyes:

The site is driving me BONKERS. It won't load like 99.9999999999 percent of the time. More or less. Estimated. Hypothetical.

Someone mentioned *WHAT* if this was to keep media away from an area that they really do feel they have something? Like one of the smaller searches. Give the media the crumbs and keep them busy and away from where they are doing something substantial...…..

That's a thing that happens. In fact, I hope it's the case, because it means they have something they believe will bear fruit.

Have long poles been used before in a case? I have never heard of this before.

Yes, when there is a blanket of snow on the ground, the poles are used to "feel" for uneven ground beneath the snow which might be just rocks, or could be suspicious shapes that require further investigation.

I saw a team look for a local missing man here in the Great White North, using poles that easily went down 4' into the snow. It was tough slogging. Sadly the man couldn't be found until the snow melted and searches were resumed in the spring. But I don't think that the snow cover in the search for Gannon is anything like that. Hopefully he will be found soon.

What are these poles for? breaking up the snow or something? I'm from Texas and haven't seen much snow in my life...

They're probe poles designed to search for avalanche victims but commonly used by SAR teams looking for a body in the snow. They typically methodically line search with them and if they poke something that feels large enough to be a body under the snow, they dig to check.

That's a thing that happens. In fact, I hope it's the case, because it means they have something they believe will bear fruit.

I am in agreement that this is something that might happen, but I find it hard to believe that they would bring out five mounted patrol units and that many people for something just to be a diversionary tactic? Regular search team I could see but not the horses…
IMO. Not trying to be argumentative just thinking out loud.

What are these poles for? breaking up the snow or something? I'm from Texas and haven't seen much snow in my life...[/QUOTE\]

Probing beneath the snow for what may or may not be under it, often used in avalanche victim search and rescue operations

They're probe poles designed to search for avalanche victims but commonly used by SAR teams looking for a body in the snow. They typically methodically line search with them and if they poke something that feels large enough to be a body under the snow, they dig to check.
Well that is very disheartening thanks for the information though.

Current Status:

70.gif
5785.gif
5786.gif

People talking about the snow on the unplowed roads: we took our 4WD in 12-16” of snow, on Mt Herman rd, from Woodland Park to Monument,
Just for fun in the snow back in Dec.

So— is TS truck 4WD/AWD? I can’t tell from looking at it (though some people can).

I am in agreement that this is something that might happen, but I find it hard to believe that they would bring out five mounted patrol units and that many people for something just to be a diversionary tactic? Regular search team I could see but not the horses…
IMO. Not trying to be argumentative just thinking out loud.

I don't think its diversionary, i think they are tracking. Horses can cover more ground and get into areas easier than someone walking. When you are up higher, you can see more. You can also miss more if not trained properly. I did SAR in an equine unit in the desert. LOTS of training but well worth it. Horses also have a very sensitive nature and can sense something amiss, just as dogs can. You come to trust your horse to make decisions for you and can read when you need to be extra alert.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member