Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's all good. Don't feel stung. Yes we are all here for Gannon. Sometimes as time goes on emotions really run high. Folks here for hrs. on end desperately want news and then there is Stepmother who adds to our angst. To say the least.

This case is really hard on the heart. I can't think of another way to put it.

@lucidtx,

The word "ravines" was mentioned by the spokesperson for the Sheriff's office today.

Would that be another reason that the FBI Evidence Response Team are there?

Thanks in advance,

Anything involving water is a good likelihood. They do a lot of underwater work. That'd apply to iced over stuff too.

Ravines could also present the possibility of high-angle technical work - using ropes on cliffs, that sort of thing. I'm not sure how much of that stuff they do, and there's plenty of qualified SAR folks in the area with those capabilities, but it's definitely a possibility too.

I wonder how many of the tips are coming from people in groups like this who aren't anywhere near Colorado and have no idea about this town at all but have google maps. I have seen several people brag about sending tips in "because they have absolutely known since day one that water was involved." or "they absolutely know Garden of the Gods is involved."
If you see a creek on google maps I promise it doesn't have enough water to wet your shoelaces. Garden of the Gods in the middle of the day is about as busy as Disneyland. Palmer Park is not part of or near Palmer Lake. General Palmer established Colorado Springs and the greater area so his name can be found on a couple things.
The nonsense isn't helpful but please don't send in "tips" that waste LE time if you just have google maps and you think you are psychic.

Fountain Creek has a lot of flowing water

I appreciate the “locals” who are posting about the familiar places where Gannon might be found, maps showing all the Petco locations, area shopping centers, terrain, etc. It helps you get a feel for the area.

Same thing is happening on the Jennifer Dulos thread. It’s unimaginable how much I have learned about Connecticut and their laws and the streets and highways around the crime scene.

And too, reading about the area takes my mind off what is sure to come and that is the finding of Gannon’s body.

<modsnip>

Anyway, I have wonderful memories of CO and how peaceful it was. I have to say that after following the Kelsey Berreth case and this case, my perception has changed. It is sad.

Last edited by a moderator:
We live at roughly the same elevation as the search site. We may be a little higher. A couple of large deer just wandered through our property and they were sinking above their knees. I’m guessing we have around a foot although the sun melted quite a bit today. That said, there was some unseasonably warm weather in the days after GS disappeared, before the snow started.

It can’t be easy searching due to the snow and terrain.

I have a sinking feeling nothing is going to be found until the snow starts to melt and things start to thaw. I hope nothing gets moved by the perpetrator in the meantime.

Totally beautiful country. I am so sad that the reason I get to see it is because an awful thing happened there. This footage shows that they must have a great tip with very detailed information, especially when you see the last few seconds where the searcher is in the thick of the wooded area. I would just be easier and so much less painful (at this point) if the perpetrator just told LE where Gannon is. Let him come out of the cold and back to his family.

I appreciate the “locals” who are posting about the familiar places where Gannon might be found, maps showing all the Petco locations, area shopping centers, terrain, etc. It helps you get a feel for the area.

Same thing is happening on the Jennifer Dulos thread. It’s unimaginable how much I have learned about Connecticut and their laws and the streets and highways around the crime scene.

And too, reading about the area takes my mind off what is sure to come and that is the finding of Gannon’s body.

I am not sure though that I understand the importance of talking about General Palmer. LOL. I say that only because I lived in Colorado Springs for two years as a child and have lots of fun memories of roaming the streets downtown on a Saturday with a school mate, going to the movies and JC Penny (for some reason) and I don’t recall ever seeing a statue of a man and his horse. Maybe it was erected long after I was gone.

Anyway, I have wonderful memories of CO and how peaceful it was. I have to say that after following the Kelsey Berreth case and this case, my perception has changed. It is sad.

@Love Never Fails,

CO is still a beautiful and peaceful place. I don't regret my move here at all. Remember that monsters live among us all, but there are more good people than monsters in this community.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member