Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone else find it very strange that she supposedly always takes photos of them being out and about and [the implied] when they arrive back home to AS when he's out of town? This seems odd as if he didn't trust her with the kids, why is she implying she was constantly proving their whereabouts to AS? Is this at his request? This seems strange AF to me.
Maybe not so much not trusting someone around the kids, but maybe it's the company one might keep. With or t without the kids, baby sitter,or no babysitter.
MOO

I think he was absent from school but I don't think it has been verified that TS reported him absent TO the school, just that he didn't show up. Also, hasn't been verified that the school did a routine call home like a lot of districts do.

If we do not call in our child's absence, the school calls/emails/texts us. I believe the school needs to verify that the absence is known to the parents (rather than a child not showing up to school unbeknownst to a parent). I am unclear as to how far the school's responsibility goes in verifying the absence.

Does anyone else find it very strange that she supposedly always takes photos of them being out and about and [the implied] when they arrive back home to AS when he's out of town? This seems odd as if he didn't trust her with the kids, why is she implying she was constantly proving their whereabouts to AS? Is this at his request? This seems strange AF to me.
Maybe not so much not trusting someone around the kids, but maybe it's the company one might keep. With or t without the kids, baby sitter,or no babysitter.
MOO

If we do not call in our child's absence, the school calls/emails/texts us. I believe the school needs to verify that the absence is known to the parents (rather than a child not showing up to school unbeknownst to a parent). I am unclear as to how far the school's responsibility goes in verifying the absence.
This call back by the school to verify that parents know a child did not show up at school came about when a child did not show up at school and in fact, no one knew he was missing until he didn't show up at home after school. Seven precious hours were lost in looking for him.

I'm am try
Well if it was accidental recording and she deleted it at some point after Gannon went missing. if she was searching for picture for LE and found recording, it looked horrible of course, she deletes then LE makes discovery, lot of explanation going to happen here.
I'm trying to catch up the last few pages.
What "accidental recording"?

That's a great catch. Something about that practice troubled me, but I just thought maybe LS is such a SM addict that she does it for that reason. At the same time, when her FB was still up, I was surprised at how few pictures she had of Gannon. There were tons of pictures of her with the two girls. Well, not "tons" but a lot.

Were they constantly worried about abduction? I realize that he was away for two weeks or so at a time (but how often) and would worry. However, on that particular Monday, she apparently didn't send him actual pictures or else he would not have immediately responded that "she's lying" when he saw the neighbor's video.

I'm am try

I'm trying to catch up the last few pages.
What "accidental recording"?

LS said the "pinkie swear" video was made by accident.

Don't find it strange at all. Sending an away parent all kinds of messages, videos of events good and bad from family seems normal. I am not defending the SM, will wait to see how she is involved, but her sending of lots videos and IMs etc. seems very normal.
MOO looking for clues to Gannon's disappearance in her behavior, is less court worthy than the dna car gps cell pings video and witnesses so MOO hope there is a solid case building for that arrest.

I'm curious what you think we all should do. I am reluctant to let the thread go cold at this point. And while you may not be interested in local conditions, I think that the weather has played a role and with the warming trend that's predicted, the search will go better.

Right now, all we can do is have those searchers on our minds and in our thoughts, and hope they all stay safe as they search, all day long, day after day, for Gannon.

If you are able to go take the searchers hot food or beverages, you could help them out. BTW, I think some people on WS have provided useful tips (and that the map originally sketched out by one person on SM turns out to be where they are looking, bit by bit - so perhaps some of us have been helpful? I'm sure LE had their own experts, but in the meantime, people who are local who followed all of this knew exactly where surveillance footage would be valuable.

Getting as many bits of video may be the key to solving this case. The maps are important and will continue to be so when Gannon is found. I think way more people might preserve their dashcam and other videos if they know what areas are relevant to this case. What else do you suggest we do? Are you asking that we all stop posting until he is found?
Bingo!

That is a good point. She seems to spend a lot of time documenting things. The "accidental" video tape of the burnt carpet incident. The conversations between AS and ex-wife. And oh look, a selfie in the driveway to prove we made it home. A picture/video for every occasion.

EPCSheriff on Twitter

El Paso Sheriff's has drone footage of the search.
I noticed an ambulance parked among all the vehicles in the staging area of the search. Am guessing this is standard procedure when there are so many people involved in searching possibly treacherous terrain, maybe especially since they are whatever distance from a hospital. But is there any possibility it's there for some other sliver-of-hope reason?

step-mom is attempting to place that seed of doubt in this investigation. We have volunteers and investigators looking for Gannon in Palmer lake. There is a reason behind this search. LE reviewed the neighbor’s surveillance camera, if he was seen stepping out of truck the police would have mentioned it.

I’m not buying it for one minute!
If I’m wrong, I’ll eat crow and promise to bring the wine.
If we're wrong, I'll join you for dinner. Would you like a nice smooth red?? However, I suspect crow is not on our menu today, in this case :)

That's a great catch. Something about that practice troubled me, but I just thought maybe LS is such a SM addict that she does it for that reason. At the same time, when her FB was still up, I was surprised at how few pictures she had of Gannon. There were tons of pictures of her with the two girls. Well, not "tons" but a lot.

Were they constantly worried about abduction? I realize that he was away for two weeks or so at a time (but how often) and would worry. However, on that particular Monday, she apparently didn't send him actual pictures or else he would not have immediately responded that "she's lying" when he saw the neighbor's video.

Spruce Mountain is our every Sunday hike when the weather is decent and the trail isn’t too muddy or snowy. You can only drive to the trailhead.

There are a few roads like Noe Road and Fox Farm Road that traverse east and west between Spruce Mt. Rd. and 105/Perry Park Rd. but as far as I know, there isn’t a back way in to the search area. As you say, most of the roads off 105 are actually driveways that lead to someone’s house.

You can hike down the backside of Spruce Mt. to the search area but that would be highly unlikely in this case - total hike would be around 7 miles with a climb and descent.
Really appreciate your local perspective, thank you. (Other locals too!)

I noticed an ambulance parked among all the vehicles in the staging area of the search. Am guessing this is standard procedure when there are so many people involved in searching possibly treacherous terrain, maybe especially since they are whatever distance from a hospital. But is there any possibility it's there for some other sliver-of-hope reason?

MOO had the same thought, but realized, so many volunteers, slippery terrain, it is probably just SOP. But what might not be SOP is FBI evidence team, they might need to be out on need basis.

I think she's just THAT narcissistic. I think it is important to her that she appear as a loving, caring stepmom with a wonderful life.

The Palmer Lake Herald
1 hour ago

Overnight, this page has been inundated with comments and messages from various people interested in finding Gannon. As you can see, some of the comments on previous posts *may be from Gannon’s stepmom, who is embattled in a social media showdown to prove her innocence. This comes from credible sources.

Although we received multiple reports that her phone pinged in the area, and there’s undoubtedly much reason to search the area, this page has received multiple requests from “concerned citizens” about why and what the teams are searching for.

That said, free to reference previous posts and engage with the commenters, as it’s become clear that Suspect #1 may be posting here. Perhaps this will be over soon, prayers for Gannon’s safe return. #gannonstrong

The Palmer Lake Herald
Osu thank you for finding this article.

I don't know....I used to do a similar thing when my husband was out of town a lot for work. He always felt like he missed a lot so I took a lot of pictures, even when we were just doing mundane things. Even when the kids were older, and we had iPhones, I took a lot of pics for him and sent him shots of us at the store or going to school in the morning, just because he enjoyed being included in our day.

I think it has not been verified whether LS actually called in to report Gannon's Monday absence (or otherwise made contact with the school), but I am willing to bet she did. LE has almost certainly been in contact with the school, even if/when they were investigating this as a runaway for however brief a time. They would have wanted to know if Gannon's behavior had seemed different recently, if he'd had any disciplinary contact with administration, whether he'd shown any signs of stress or abuse. I think it's likely that if his absence had not been reported, it would have come up then.

Although we might not have heard about that from LE, I bet if it had been a point of discussion, LS would have addressed it in one of her interviews or statements. I believe looking like a responsible, together, model parent to the outside world (including school) is very important to her. I'd sure be interested in WHAT she said when/if she reported the Monday absence, though. Did she give unnecessary details as seems to be her pattern?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor