Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello.. New Here..

I'm not sure if this has been pointed out yet.. but you can see in the interview where the reporter asks LS to talk a little about GS.. and she begins speaking in present tense and quickly loses her "story" and is speaking about him in PAST tense. For example she says "he loves video games, he loves sonic and mario. he's so helpful, he WAS always so helpful" and then "He WAS always a person i could ask for help and he'd do it right away. He WAS so sweet.."

I believe that we have to be patient, the light will shine through the dark, and that who is responsible will suffer their consequence. I think right now LE is aware of all of this and more and are waiting until they have all that they need and in the meantime LS will continue to spin out of control.

Unless maybe they are searching Spruce Mountain? Locals - is this somewhere you could drive a vehicle? I just can't see the perp being able to carry a child Gannon's size very far - unless they told them they were going hiking and had him do most of the hard work himself.

Spruce Mountain is our every Sunday hike when the weather is decent and the trail isn’t too muddy or snowy. You can only drive to the trailhead.

There are a few roads like Noe Road and Fox Farm Road that traverse east and west between Spruce Mt. Rd. and 105/Perry Park Rd. but as far as I know, there isn’t a back way in to the search area. As you say, most of the roads off 105 are actually driveways that lead to someone’s house.

You can hike down the backside of Spruce Mt. to the search area but that would be highly unlikely in this case - total hike would be around 7 miles with a climb and descent.

She said this search area is 35 acres.....seems huge when looking for a small boy, but really that's a fairly small area in the scheme of things. I'm wondering if cell pings played a part, or cell triangulation. I don't have GPS and know really zilch about how it works...but from the little I've gleaned from those who have it....wouldn't that give a much more exact location? So I'm thinking the vehicle must not have had GPS...35 acres just seems more fitting with cell triangulation to me. Or, of course, could also be info gleaned from CCTV along the way....that might fit too?

MOO
About GPS---I saw show on IDchannel the other night about a body that was located in the desert, after LE followed suspect's GPS data.

Even though the GPS data is 'exacting', the searchers still had to search large swaths of land, because even though they knew the exact route the driver took, they didn't know at which point he disposed of the evidence.

So they spent a few days at a location where the car was stopped for 33 minutes, down a dirt side road, off the highway. They didn't find anything.

A week later, a smaller search group went to another location, off a dirt road, where the car was only stopped for about 11 minutes. And they found a very shallow grave and they remains.

So even if you have the GPS data, you don't always know exactly where to look. JMO

Last edited:
EPCSheriff on Twitter

El Paso Sheriff's has drone footage of the search.
This is great and gives us a better understanding of what they're up against. I always imagine myself in these spaces when we're traveling through the mountains. Like if I had to start searching this area, I would be 100% overwhelmed immediately. They're amazing at what they do.

I know I am a late response to this, mornings will do that, oof. And I'm sorry this is like only partially on-topic! I mean this more as a blanket response to everyone that had been wondering the correlation between Narcs/suicide risk overall. This is actually something I can personally phone in on! (For once.)

I am a person with a Cluster B personality disorder (which includes Narcissism; but also includes Borderline-- what I have, Antisocial, and Histrionic personality disorders). Cluster B PD's tend to run in families, especially Narcissism > BPD/Histrionic children. I had a Narcissist parent, still living, who had a Narc parent, etc. From what I ascertain, the (relatively uncommon) suicide in Narc's tends to be a matter of the public stage presence. The show, the drama unfolding, and how deep they need to dig in order to make SURE everyone sees that THEY truly are the victim here, rather than the actual victims. If their suicide can in turn silence their victim-- even their own children-- completely, for good, even if it's in that moral 'oh we should sweep it under the rug, they aren't here to defend themselves' way, they've won. And all that matters to the Narcissist is winning. Winning against their partners, their families, their children, and in turn? Themselves. And that's what makes treating them nearly impossible. :(

Remember: "That didn't happen. And if it did, it wasn't that bad. And if it was, that's not a big deal. And if it is, that's not my fault. And if it was, I didn't mean it. And if I did, you deserved it" -- The Narcissists Prayer

Very sorry for your loss, by the way! Something that was never deserved, and he had no right to act upon..

(I hope this wasn't too off or late! I'd be happy to delete if so. Also if anyone has misconceptions or needs info about BPD or experiences with these things, please feel free to chat me up privately haha)
Probably one of the best, most informative, and relevant to the subject at hand, posts I've seen here at WS. Thank you for sharing this information, I'll tuck that away for future use. It's always hard for me to comprehend how these perps can remain silent about what they have done.

Gray Hughes became popular here at WS for his work on the Delphi murders of Libby & Abby. His animation of the bridge crime scene with the suspect and the girls was pivotal. In this case, I don't think he has been able to really offer much, MOO.
I was unable to keep up with the fast pace of the thread to keep following right around the time the video still of BG came to be. I'm glad his work was helpful then, but I agree, in this case, he's just offered the same thing everyone else does that keeps bringing up social media rumor/info.

Last edited:
Tha
I think he was absent from school but I don't think it has been verified that TS reported him absent TO the school, just that he didn't show up. Also, hasn't been verified that the school did a routine call home like a lot of districts do.
That's right!! We've been saying this from the very first thread.

I’m curious about statistics. What are the statistics in children being found after being missing for more than 16 days?
I’m aware there are cases like Elizabeth Smart.
Generally speaking, isn’t it a bad thing when no one is talking after this period of time?
is it possible LE brings stepmom in for questioning after searching her gps and phone pings? I realize you can’t make someone talk but if she hasn’t lawyered up, can’t they keep questioning her?
I imagine they had good tips to be searching where they are but this is worrisome.
It’s so cold and he is only 11.

... They also said they don’t believe this is an abduction and they have no knowledge of a mysterious car or a description of a person who GS might’ve gone with.

Was it one of these articles? I was just scrolling through Twitter and someone linked the Yahoo one "Cops: We Don’t Think Missing 11-Year-Old Gannon Stauch Was Abducted". It's actually a Daily Beast article but I block ads so I can't read DB's content lol

Cops: We Don’t Think Missing 11-Year-Old Gannon Stauch Was Abducted

Police Responds to Claims of Missing Colo. Boy's Stepmother: 'There Is No Threat to the Community'

Last edited:
I don't mean to nitpick but I do have to point out that she never actually said when she took the alleged selfie of her and Gannon in the truck - just that she took it in the driveway. It immediately stood out to me that she didn't mention when it was taken, whether it was that morning when they left, or when they were out, or when she got home. I think she's trying to imply it was after she came home, since she brings it up right after she claims she was "cleared" (whatever that means) about him getting out of the other side of the truck, but she also says they take selfies when Albert is away or they're "out and about".

Here's her actual statement about that selfie: "Fast forward, we did a hike on Sunday (cleared), and shopping on Monday ( cleared as well for him getting out of the other side). Please don’t think for a second that there isn’t enough of technology to determine shadows and movement around the truck. There was also proof from my phone that we had taken a selfie in the truck in our driveway that was time stamped. We always send pictures to Albert when we are out and about or when he is away. That can be scanned for actual time verification." Exclusive: Gannon Stauch’s stepmother releases statement about boy’s disappearance

Frankly, I think Gannon's dad calling her a liar after he saw the clear version of that video (and hearing it as well) is all I need to be convinced the selfie doesn't exist and Gannon never exited from the other side of the truck, when she arrived home. One might assume if that selfie was sent to the dad, and if video evidence did exist to show Gannon exiting the truck on the right side, that someone would have said something about it by now, yes? Yet oddly, no one but her claims it to be true. If that's not enough, the fact that searchers are out in knee deep snow with SAR poles, looking for this sweet boy's body in the snow, tells me he most certainly did not exit the other side of that truck, or that there was ever an afternoon selfie with him and this woman.

jmo
Does anyone else find it very strange that she supposedly always takes photos of them being out and about and [the implied] when they arrive back home to AS when he's out of town? This seems odd as if he didn't trust her with the kids, why is she implying she was constantly proving their whereabouts to AS? Is this at his request? This seems strange AF to me.

Re:
I remember reading an article last night regarding LE updates to journalist. I remember reading that LE said they can’t confirm TS timeline of GS leaving at 3:30 for a friends house. They also said they don’t believe this is an abduction and they have no knowledge of a mysterious car or a description of a person who GS might’ve gone with.

I have gone crazy trying to find this article now. I wanted to post it here to add to MSM updates for reference of TS claims vs LE.

has anyone else seen this and if so can you post article here? Just think it’s important to add to MSM links.

thanks in advance!

Re,: they don't believe (LE), this is an abduction

"...in response to Stauch’s statement, the El Paso County Sheriff’s Office says authorities currently have no reason to believe the boy was kidnapped."

Police Responds to Claims of Missing Colo. Boy's Stepmother: 'There Is No Threat to the Community' | PEOPLE.com
Police Responds to Claims of Missing Colo. Boy's Stepmother: 'There Is No Threat to the Community'

Anybody thinking about a sweet little 5th grade kid, who was left in the care of a monster?
Who has now been missing for 18 days?
That's why we are here.
A human being.
I'm not here for maps, weather chat, or ''What do ya suppose she's doing!!...."
Please keep the focus where it belongs:
FINDING GANNON.
You're very focused, as are we. It's in the "Waiting" that we gather together here. Clearly you care about finding Gannon.

Silence in the waiting, has it's place but not at WS, and blank pages don't help find Gannon. You never know, a non-member reading here may be inspired to recall something they saw or heard and call in a tip.

Wondering the same.

Heck, a lot of people have trail/game cameras on their property as well. One of those could have picked up *something*.

That's a great hypothesis. I bet a lot of people out that way have them. We actually have 3 of them, ourselves. We don't check them until something happens, as they aren't wireless. However, the data stays on them for a pretty long time.

Sounds like LE has narrowed down the time, has received relevant information about place, and now I'm feeling optimistic that Gannon will be found.

Spruce Mountain is our every Sunday hike when the weather is decent and the trail isn’t too muddy or snowy. You can only drive to the trailhead.

There are a few roads like Noe Road and Fox Farm Road that traverse east and west between Spruce Mt. Rd. and 105/Perry Park Rd. but as far as I know, there isn’t a back way in to the search area. As you say, most of the roads off 105 are actually driveways that lead to someone’s house.

You can hike down the backside of Spruce Mt. to the search area but that would be highly unlikely in this case - total hike would be around 7 miles with a climb and descent.

Don't know how long the trail would take going up and down the mountain outcrop but there are trails around that outcrop that look pretty straight.
Driving between the Open Space parking lot and Perry Rd. using the smaller winding Spruce Rd. south of the search area, is 4.3 miles and 10 minutes from Open Space to staging area.
MOO my suggestion is they want to back into the Open Space, specifically on the trails that radiate from the parking lot. MOO Horses would mean trail searching to me.
Haven't seen an search update from today.

Does anyone else find it very strange that she supposedly always takes photos of them being out and about and [the implied] when they arrive back home to AS when he's out of town? This seems odd as if he didn't trust her with the kids, why is she implying she was constantly proving their whereabouts to AS? Is this at his request? This seems strange AF to me.
Yes! Miss 5 loves selfies but especially Mr 9, that's a lot of work getting a selfie with him...and I have a great relationship with him. But I think if things were tense it'd be quite near impossible....SMILE AND ACT HAPPY! jmo but....

In looking at the search area photos, I realized something this morning. The gated community they are searching just past Palmer Lake is right across the way from a Christmas tree farm (might be a closed now as I can't find it on google) but perhaps they got a tree there and that's how TS knew about the location? Just trying o think of reasons for her to be aware of the area. MOO.

Its also 10 minutes away from the site for RenFest.

Attachments

• 6A6E639D-8F73-41A5-957F-F7D7B41BD6BD.jpeg
    6A6E639D-8F73-41A5-957F-F7D7B41BD6BD.jpeg
    68.5 KB · Views: 6
They may be keeping the Family in the dark. Sometimes they share a bit with Family and others simply don't share at all.
Exactly. I have read here and there that they really don't hear much at all.
LE is doing what they need to do to keep this case good and tight. But I imagine the quiet is completely heartbreaking for the family.

I know I am a late response to this, mornings will do that, oof. And I'm sorry this is like only partially on-topic! I mean this more as a blanket response to everyone that had been wondering the correlation between Narcs/suicide risk overall. This is actually something I can personally phone in on! (For once.)

I am a person with a Cluster B personality disorder (which includes Narcissism; but also includes Borderline-- what I have, Antisocial, and Histrionic personality disorders). Cluster B PD's tend to run in families, especially Narcissism > BPD/Histrionic children. I had a Narcissist parent, still living, who had a Narc parent, etc. From what I ascertain, the (relatively uncommon) suicide in Narc's tends to be a matter of the public stage presence. The show, the drama unfolding, and how deep they need to dig in order to make SURE everyone sees that THEY truly are the victim here, rather than the actual victims. If their suicide can in turn silence their victim-- even their own children-- completely, for good, even if it's in that moral 'oh we should sweep it under the rug, they aren't here to defend themselves' way, they've won. And all that matters to the Narcissist is winning. Winning against their partners, their families, their children, and in turn? Themselves. And that's what makes treating them nearly impossible. :(

Remember: "That didn't happen. And if it did, it wasn't that bad. And if it was, that's not a big deal. And if it is, that's not my fault. And if it was, I didn't mean it. And if I did, you deserved it" -- The Narcissists Prayer

Very sorry for your loss, by the way! Something that was never deserved, and he had no right to act upon..

(I hope this wasn't too off or late! I'd be happy to delete if so. Also if anyone has misconceptions or needs info about BPD or experiences with these things, please feel free to chat me up privately haha)

Bless you for typing all this out. ❤

Personality disorders are treatable (not curable), and God bless the people who are diagnosed and work so hard every day to do better. We are all broken in some way. But we can all be people of integrity and compassion if we work on it.

Here for Gannon... it's hard to read all of this and not be able to say anything because no reportable progress has been made. Praying and praying for a resolution soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor