Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah:

“Have you tried this?”

“Did you look there?”

“If I we’re you I’d...”

As opposed to:

“I saw a red pickup parked on the side of the road on Monday.”

“I saw SM here.”

I wish they’d only count high quality tips as opposed to the inflated number that includes all the junk.

Exactly what I fear...I cannot believe any real tips are coming in, unless they are or have been lucky enough to obtain more videos. I have nightmares over “tips” after having spent a little while on a tip line years ago. At least 99% were suggestions to LE or opinions on the case.

Even though we think we have some knowledge of what may have occurred, we do not know. Our assumptions are speculation at best, despite that what we've all heard and read seems to support a common consensus.

Regardless of the degree of possibility of a scenario and regardless of its popularity or not, a scenario (within context of the situation and assumed known facts) still remains as a "possibility" until such as proven otherwise.
There is really no logical reason to lie about the things that have been lied about or to omit information. There is no reason to update the public about events that occurred on Saturday. Imo

Last edited:
We have received 540 tips to date. These tips include possible sightings, search suggestions, social media related information, suspicious activity, found property/possible evidence and video/photo/drone evidence. INFO: Call 719-520-6666. #FindGannon https://bit.ly/39E3D7a

EPCSheriff on Twitter
Today they gave us the menu.
This is new.
Which of the items on the list are most likely to raise fear in the perpetrator?
I betcha it's the found property. Maybe a key, something like that..?

I disagree respectfully re non Godlikeness
Show me a single human or anything he can invent that can be trained to sniff a location where a body had lain, probably for less than 5 minutes?
But, I will say too that just like humans, it depends on how good they really are. Some are utterly brilliant, remarkable dogs but I think they can be scarce.
In the case of YingYingZhang, the apartment where she had met her death had been practically sterilized with chemicals and the dog still signalled at a spot where she had lain, some time before. And the dog's evidence was accepted even though the dog had since died.
(I think we're different, but probably humans are lesser 'cos we are more controlled by our egos JMO)

That's amazing!

Thanks for pointing out that example...I didn't follow the YingYing case, so it's good to hear about the many different ways in which dogs can really make a profound contribution to a case.

Please don't misunderstand: I love dogs, and view these trained canines as a huge resource to LE.

I just think sometimes we put a lot of responsibility, and the weight of all our hopes and expectations, on their shoulders.

They can only do what they can do...and they can only work with what they're given.
Like human searchers, really.

All of the searchers, both canine AND human, are to be commended for their tireless efforts.

I don't think it's a reflection on either when their efforts aren't met with success.

Whether the missing are ultimately recovered or unrecovered, those who actively search for the missing are always heroes in my book.

JMO.

We have watched a video of a video. We do not have the original in our hands.
Law Enforcement does.
The only way for us to see this video is to watch a copy of it.
We have watched a video of a video. We do not have the original in our hands.
Law Enforcement does.
The only way for us to see this video is to watch a copy of it.

yes, I understand that but has it been confirmed/stated that there is a "crystal clear" version?

(edit: word)

Nice to have some factual data, thanks. LE must have some pretty strong intel that something is in that region.

The thing I go back to is this, if Gannon is there, it is my belief that a canine could/would surely find him. So, what gives? What is it they are looking for?

Aside from a sweet, handsome clever little 11 year old boy that has captured the hearts of complete strangers literally around the world? :(
Hey Everyone,

I have a new Websleuths YouTube video out. I interview Sheryl McCollum and Leigh Egan from Crimeonline.com about Gannon and Faye.
Sheryl is first and she discusses Faye and Leigh is second discussing Gannon.

I have a few other videos loaded on the Websleuths channel and are working on getting more. If you could listen and pass along the link to people you know I would greatly appreciate it. Websleuths needs 4000 listening hours before we can use the Superchat which is one of our goals. Any time you can give to watching the videos is greatly appreciated.
Thank you,
Tricia
Thanks @Tricia listening now. I skipped sweet Faye's segment and started on Gannon's segment at 19:00 in. Glad you brought Leigh Egan on for this.

Oh good. I luv hearing possible evidence and evidence. Hmmmm social media information............

I believe that's the official twitter of Law Enforcement, which is permitted. I don't see them mentioning anything about Social Media and they have definitely discouraged people from using SM for tips.

The quality is not the greatest but I saw the same. It appeared something dropped at his feet, he did not get it, she did. He also did not close the door, he just sat there, she closed the door.

although we couldn’t see this clearly, IMO the neighbor and AS did and is part of their reaction. I think the actual video is crystal clear.

It is the fourth day of searching intensely, with a large level of staffing, in the same place.

I'm not sure it's possible to see the staging area from the road and I bet media have been asked not to use drones. I'm just glad they're keeping us posted. I am really optimistic.

yes, I understand that but has it been confirmed/stated that there is a "crystal clear" version?

(edit: word)
In those words? Not that I'm aware of. But a simple search for Xfinity surveillance cameras will give you a great selection of reviews and samples of the quality of their cams, and you can judge the quality for yourself. We have a member here who shared from his system, same one as the neighbor, and the video/audio quality was top notch.

I did an experiment for my own curiosity and played a video of my Ring cam side by side to a copy of that same video, and hands down, the original copy is literally crystal clear, but the video of the video, taken with my phone, leaves out a ton of detail. Granted I have a different system, but I think the results are likely very similar.

jmo

“GANNON UPDATE: Sheriff’s office tells me more than 100 people are out here searching today. They are focusing on the same area as yesterday. Deputies recently pushed us back before search crews came back out to one spot and started digging up snow. @KDVR @channel2kwgn” (BBM)
7210D41B-9B56-416E-8B83-0BCE51BEB381.jpeg 34CACC0E-8BE7-4C9A-B758-0341DAE7862F.jpeg 679435F5-FC7C-4348-BC3D-82A6DBC8DB04.jpeg 417C5CAB-A972-4667-B1D1-CA1DE31FC25D.jpeg
5:06 PM · Feb 15, 2020 (local/MST)
Nicole Fierro on Twitter

I am really focused more on what information that law enforcement is releasing and not releasing than the comments of TS. I am relatively new here, but in the cases I have observed if LE thinks that the community is in danger they release information. Description of vehicle, kidnapper, a person of interest that may be of danger to others. There is absolutely none of this. They don't feel the need to release any info, except to update the search. I know we want info about every detail, but I think LE is giving us a ton of info by what they are not saying.

I gotta' be honest:

I've followed numerous cases where dogs have been used in mp searches.

In all those cases I've followed, a dog has never actually successfully located the missing person.

I think canines are a resource that can and should be used by LE, but they're no more infallible than human beings.

They're dog-like...not God-like.

JMO.
Excuse me, GK? They absolutely are god-like in just about every way but this!;):D

I'm wondering if ...

All of that is social media info that came from TS's FB account, and is not approved for discussion here according to The Rules The mods have stated this repeatedly. (I know it's hard for everyone to see every post, just trying to help keep the thread from being shut down for clean-up).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abk018