Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's amazing!

Thanks for pointing out that example...I didn't follow the YingYing case, so it's good to hear about the many different ways in which dogs can really make a profound contribution to a case.

Please don't misunderstand: I love dogs, and view these trained canines as a huge resource to LE.

I just think sometimes we put a lot of responsibility, and the weight of all our hopes and expectations, on their shoulders.

They can only do what they can do...and they can only work with what they're given.
Like human searchers, really.

All of the searchers, both canine AND human, are to be commended for their tireless efforts.

I don't think it's a reflection on either when their efforts aren't met with success.

Whether the missing are ultimately recovered or unrecovered, those who actively search for the missing are always heroes in my book.

JMO.
Jumping off here from your earlier comment. I've never expected or thought of the canine police as being able to "find" a person. I've always been under the assumption that the dog will "tell" whether a deceased human has occupied an area, whether a living human has been in an area. And with that assumption I think they are an ultimate tool to use. Not arguing but just expressing my thoughts.

This is the only case I’ve followed whereby someone can be talked about in a manner only POIs / suspects usually are. I don’t even particularly believe anything TS says but oh the hypocrisy of some ‘rules’ confuses me.
Because the video blew apart SM’s story.

Many of us believed she was lying from the beginning, as the runaway story never made any sense at all, especially with that alleged Google search.

That video of her leaving with Gannon, and returning without him, resulted in an exception being made.

That's really interesting, I notice some people are strongly feeling they are getting closer and others feel it's lost... It was kinda lost for me early this morning, it would have been yesterday if it was to be , I thought..
I've not noticed this kind of energy in any case before now...
JMO
I don't think they would still be out there if they weren't getting closer. Especially since they stated, it's due to evidence, video, etc. MOO

That's really interesting, I notice some people are strongly feeling they are getting closer and others feel it's lost... It was kinda lost for me early this morning, it would have been yesterday if it was to be , I thought..
I've not noticed this kind of energy in any case before now...
JMO
I don't think they would still be out there if they weren't getting closer. Especially since they stated, it's due to evidence, video, etc. MOO

I am really focused more on what information that law enforcement is releasing and not releasing than the comments of TS. I am relatively new here, but in the cases I have observed if LE thinks that the community is in danger they release information. Description of vehicle, kidnapper, a person of interest that may be of danger to others. There is absolutely none of this. They don't feel the need to release any info, except to update the search. I know we want info about every detail, but I think LE is giving us a ton of info by what they are not saying.

1) The interview: she gave that directly to reporters. LE didn't release it. We can discuss here.
2) The "accidental tape" she posted on FB, LE didn't release it. We cannot discuss it here,
3) The "Statement" sent to FoxNews was released by FoxNews, LE didn't release it. We can discuss here.

LE has given updates on where they are searching. I haven't checked court records, but at this point, subpoenas and search warrants would not contain much info, in any case.

LE did say that they do not believe it's an abduction and that there is no risk to the greater community (so they addressed her statement, but they never quoted it).

You are right. If LE had a license plate number of a car that's active on the roads and they thought Gannon had been inside it, they'd have an immediate press conference and it would be huge news. They have explicitly stated that they think there is no danger to the community.

And then...crickets...

In those words? Not that I'm aware of. But a simple search for Xfinity surveillance cameras will give you a great selection of reviews and samples of the quality of their cams, and you can judge the quality for yourself. We have a member here who shared from his system, same one as the neighbor, and the video/audio quality was top notch.

I did an experiment for my own curiosity and played a video of my Ring cam side by side to a copy of that same video, and hands down, the original copy is literally crystal clear, but the video of the video, taken with my phone, leaves out a ton of detail. Granted I have a different system, but I think the results are likely very similar.

jmo

BBM
Just wanted to make a correction here...respectfully...That example that was posted was an Arlo system.

Here for Gannon

It is the fourth day of searching intensely, with a large level of staffing, in the same place.

I'm not sure it's possible to see the staging area from the road and I bet media have been asked not to use drones. I'm just glad they're keeping us posted. I am really optimistic.

You can see the staging area from the road. It’s just a few feet off Highway 105 and it’s where all the searchers park, where the mobile command unit and other LE vehicles are. At times I haven’t been able to see the searchers because they’re off the road or in the trees. The snow has melted a lot in the past few days. Except in areas that don’t get sun, I would think a bump would be much easier to see at this point.

ETA: for clarity

This is the only case I’ve followed whereby someone can be talked about in a manner only POIs / suspects usually are. I don’t even particularly believe anything TS says but oh the hypocrisy of some ‘rules’ confuses me.

BBM:

This is the only case I've followed where someone who hasn't been officially named a POI has blatantly and intentionally put themselves under the glare of public suspicion through both their words and their actions.

Have you watched her interview? Read her public statement?
If so, you'll no doubt recognize that she's fully "earned" this exception.
This is completely on her.

We don't live in a black-and-white world.

Making the rare exception to a standard rule isn't hypocrisy:

It's mental flexibility.

JMO.

Last edited:
I think the "edit" button lasts 30 minutes. I've been able to edit posts that I made more than 10 minutes ago.

JMVHO.

I believe it’s a full hour.

I believe that's the official twitter of Law Enforcement, which is permitted. I don't see them mentioning anything about Social Media and they have definitely discouraged people from using SM for tips.

Bravo was talking about the list of tips they got, including SM.

We’ve discussed in other threads before how LE names a POI prior to arrest much less often than they used to. Yet, in certain cases, it’s obvious that there is in fact a POI.

That said, I think in this case it’s because, as always, we can discuss what anyone involved in a case says in MSM, and when what they say is obviously suspicious, we have been given permission to discuss that. I don’t find it hypocritical, especially since we are still not allowed to sleuth her or discuss her SM.

Because the video blew apart SM’s story.

Many of us believed she was lying from the beginning, as the runaway story never made any sense at all, especially with that alleged Google search.

That video of her leaving with Gannon, and returning without him, resulted in an exception being made.

Not to mention how she’s put herself in the spotlight with the bizarre back-to-the-camera interview and that jaw-dropping statement she released to media (mentioning blood and such) last week. IMO.

1) The interview: she gave that directly to reporters. LE didn't release it. We can discuss here.
2) The "accidental tape" she posted on FB, LE didn't release it. We cannot discuss it here,
3) The "Statement" sent to FoxNews was released by FoxNews, LE didn't release it. We can discuss here.

LE has given updates on where they are searching. I haven't checked court records, but at this point, subpoenas and search warrants would not contain much info, in any case.

LE did say that they do not believe it's an abduction and that there is no risk to the greater community (so they addressed her statement, but they never quoted it).

You are right. If LE had a license plate number of a car that's active on the roads and they thought Gannon had been inside it, they'd have an immediate press conference and it would be huge news. They have explicitly stated that they think there is no danger to the community.

And then...crickets...

They’re sure not acting like it, but I didn’t realize they’d explicitly said they did not believe it was an abduction. That’s very telling.

We had an exception in the Bella Grogan-Canella case , as it pertained to her mother. Although not found guilty of sweet Bella's death, she was also all over FB posting the most outrageous, trashy stuff.
Found Deceased - AZ - Isabella Grogan-Cannella, 8, Bullhead City, 2 September 2014 - #1

I imagine LE has to make very sure to clear the entire area where they are searching, so as to be positive, if nothing is found. They need to be able to feel confident there could be nothing there to find, imo. That takes time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member