Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Multiple Twitter accounts are asking KDVR's Nicole Fierro if that black thing is a privacy screen. She hasn't responded personally yet. LaurieP on Twitter

Also, given the tweet @inmyhumbleopinion shared, I may be very wrong about that not being a pile of dirt. That certainly puts things in a different light.
Great! Hopefully she responds soon. The media has been careful here, and I’m sure they are holding back. This might be one of those times.

There’s a privacy screen and a big pile of dirt. They’re close.
I don't think it is a pile of dirt, just a bare patch of the hill behind them. The "privacy screen" looks more like the screens they put up to prevent excessive snow drifts. It is perpendicular to the road which would make it very ineffective.
ETA @FlossyMay beat me to it.

Did the LE really say they now had several persons of interest at a presser today or are the news anchors just making stuff up?

(sorry its YouTube, but regional blocking... Its a thing so...)

N.B if they have already stated this and I have just totally missed it... Apologies.

Opinion - That screen looks like it is on the edge of a shallow gully leading down to the edge of what looks like a pond/lake area in the middle right background. ...I wonder if someone placed him in that low spot and kicked dirt and snow down on the body ?....moo

Some of these search locations appear to be a great distance from the road. Supposed hike aside, LS does not really look to be in peak physical condition. Does anyone have any thoughts on how, hypothetically, LS would get Gannon that far? IM 5’11” and deadlift 280lbs and I don’t think I could get my deadweight 11 year old that far. Let alone without being seen!? Even if Gannon is small for us age, I just don’t see how.

It makes me think they are more likely looking for personal items or other physical evidence?

My mind just isn’t ready to accept that Gannon walked (accompanied) to a remote area of his own strength, but never came out. :(

I was on youtube and took a 'virtual drive' up Pike's Peak. I lost count of how many times you could pull over at an overlook to admire the scenery. It would not take much time or strength to take an 11 year old and push him off the edge there. IMO she had seriously hurt him that am or the night before ( probably an intra-abdominal injury) hence the hunched over uncomfortable walk to the truck. There would be no way she could have sought medical aid without revealing what she had done.
All JMO.
This may have been addressed...but Pikes Peak is closed this time of year.

I'm from Colorado but not as familiar with the areas near Palmer Lake. I believe a bit north of the Palmer Lake area by about 20-25 miles or so, there is a canyon-type area, Castlewood Canyon that my hubby and I have visited. I haven't read anything about that area relating to Gannon, but for some reason, I keep thinking about that area.
I live right next to Castlewood Canyon (It is literally my backyard) and was hiking there the other day. There are always a lot of people hiking - and to get to the trails from the parking lot...no way she could have carried a body there. IMO
She (they) would have been seen....by someone.

I keep seeing this come up the past 24hr. IMO it’s a pinpoint type metal detector. My experience, just watching too much discovery channel, where they often use them to focus when they get a hit with the larger detectors. It doesn’t seem wholly practical to scan every inch but fwiw it might be that. Google that term and draw ur own conclusion :)
As I said though jmho.

Avid, experienced, metal detectorist here. That's no pinpointer. If it were, it would have to be down against the ground to be of any use, and that barbed wire right there would be interfering with it at the height it's being held. I think it's a microphone, used to get the sound of digging, so as to add some extra excitement to the evening broadcast :)

Avid, experienced, metal detectorist here. That's no pinpointer. If it were, it would have to be down against the ground to be of any use, and that barbed wire right there would be interfering with it at the height it's being held. I think it's a microphone, used to get the sound of digging, so as to add some extra excitement to the evening broadcast :)
Thanks for the clarification and apologies for any confusion caused. I will leave it to the experts next time :) Amazing group with so many skills here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Starlitedragon