Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very likely to mean Gannon’s property. At every search, clothing, shoes, towels, phones, etc are found and have to be ruled out. I see things while walking my dog every day. One day I saw a steak knife in the grass and later on the same walk, a butter knife lol. Very strange.
yeah, I know what found property is ;) .... wondering how SM will explain it away.

jmo

Avid, experienced, metal detectorist here. That's no pinpointer. If it were, it would have to be down against the ground to be of any use, and that barbed wire right there would be interfering with it at the height it's being held. I think it's a microphone, used to get the sound of digging, so as to add some extra excitement to the evening broadcast :)
Thank you for confirming this.
Local news programs, after all, ARE entertainment, and local news affiliates are owned by entertainment companies.

Some of these search locations appear to be a great distance from the road. Supposed hike aside, LS does not really look to be in peak physical condition. Does anyone have any thoughts on how, hypothetically, LS would get Gannon that far? IM 5’11” and deadlift 280lbs and I don’t think I could get my deadweight 11 year old that far. Let alone without being seen!? Even if Gannon is small for us age, I just don’t see how.

It makes me think they are more likely looking for personal items or other physical evidence?

My mind just isn’t ready to accept that Gannon walked (accompanied) to a remote area of his own strength, but never came out. :(
I can tell you personally that anyone who can hike the Manitou Incline is in perfectly good condition!

Google maps will show you exactly where they are in that picture. It's right past the driveway to Sierra Pines, on the left. There are two large mounds of dirt there in the google pic, and a gated lane that goes up into pasture, between the two mounds.
I do not know how to do that. Can you share a screen shot, please?
thank you!

Some of these search locations appear to be a great distance from the road. Supposed hike aside, LS does not really look to be in peak physical condition. Does anyone have any thoughts on how, hypothetically, LS would get Gannon that far? IM 5’11” and deadlift 280lbs and I don’t think I could get my deadweight 11 year old that far. Let alone without being seen!? Even if Gannon is small for us age, I just don’t see how.

It makes me think they are more likely looking for personal items or other physical evidence?

My mind just isn’t ready to accept that Gannon walked (accompanied) to a remote area of his own strength, but never came out. :(
BBM:

I don't think GS was a deadweight when he exited that truck.

As we saw on the neighbor's video, he climbed into the truck himself.

I think he also exited it himself.

I do not believe for one moment that GS expired in that truck.

I think the two of them went for a "walk" together.

JMO.

Last edited:
It looks like there’s a fence separating this area from the road? It seems like it would be difficult to access.

But more importantly - what is that solar panel looking thing? Is that a camera??

I think that's a road sign that illuminates at night, the road makes a sharp turn there, probably a high accident area.

This may have been addressed...but Pikes Peak is closed this time of year.
It actually isn't closed permanently this time of year. It is a day by day, mile by mile, decision on how much, if any, will be open for the day. I don't doubt that isn't open to the top, but it could be we'll open to at least the reservoir. But, it probably isn't a factor because it is a paid toll road.

It looks like there’s a fence separating this area from the road? It seems like it would be difficult to access.

But more importantly - what is that solar panel looking thing? Is that a camera??
It's a solar powered speed limit slow down sign due to the sharp s curve. Have passed it many times!

Last edited:
If nothing else paints a clearer picture than this...

LE & SAR crews digging in snow, looking for a body or evidence of a sweet, innocent 11 yr old boy, while his step-mom... plays social media games.
:mad:

Sorry mods, delete if needed.

Avid, experienced, metal detectorist here. That's no pinpointer. If it were, it would have to be down against the ground to be of any use, and that barbed wire right there would be interfering with it at the height it's being held. I think it's a microphone, used to get the sound of digging, so as to add some extra excitement to the evening broadcast :)

I agree. Detectorist here too. It's no "Garret Carrot" for sure and not any of the others I am familiar with. I have an AT Pro with a massive NEC coil.

It actually isn't closed permanently this time of year. It is a day by day, mile by mile, decision on how much, if any, will be open for the day. I don't doubt that isn't open to the top, but it could be we'll open to at least the reservoir. But, it probably isn't a factor because it is a paid toll road.
Valid point - I guess I should have clarified a bit better (doing a few things at once right now)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member