Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Filter is broad in its singularity. Filter coffee, filter sound, filter words, etc. As for changing her story, as in what? If her story didn't match what LE released in the initial poster and conferences, I'd immediately attribute that to LE filtering their release of information; as nearly every member of Websleuths knows, LE does not release all that they know, and even releases information that might not be accurate to facts for purposes of secrecy and downstream validation should someone(s) come forward with a 'confession'.[/QUOT
-IMO-
Not even a possibility.
The fact she told one lie - discredits everything she has said.

Truth is only based in truth.
What one lie? Thanks.

But what if, theoretically, her "discipline box" was obtained from an organization that strongly favors corporal punishment, aka physical violence. Then, combined with her own mental state, she may be especially prone to feel justified in using force against a child.
Shes’s an educator.

I disagree that feeling threatened by the masses motivates one to go before the masses.

I do believe that she didn’t anticipate the neighbor having a video of Monday morning, and her return. Hence, her second statement that’s now only generated more reaction to how she’s handling things.
If that’s the case, SM should have since it’s a very military community. And, from looks of neighborhood, a young one at that...technology playground for this age bracket.

bbm

She didn't "go before the masses", she went before the safety of a news station reporter and video camera and stated her 'defense'.
"Safety" huh.
Yet, she covered her face and put her back towards the camera.
To me, that is not safety. That is defensive.

Edit for typos.

Last edited:
I was very scared when I took one...and passed. The girl who failed later confessed...she lied all the time and could not pass. I believe in them...but jmo.

There are good reasons they are not admitted in court. That woman probably failed because of a sense of guilt (and perhaps she felt guilty about all her lying - good for her). But many a liar has passed a lie detector test and innocent people can fail them.

I'm wondering why "candle" and "burned carpet" posts are seemingly permitted... that info is from Social Media sources... ??

You can do what the mods have asked and report them. Many people slip up in a case like this one, when social media presents both MSM things (and there are people like that youtuber that some people think is "approved" for WS - Gary what's his name?) and SM things. I have to keep asking about certain details and where they came from.

True crime writers (freelancers who contribute to MSM on occasion) have covered it, but so far, the big outlets have not (and the local outlets haven't either). We've been permitted to use LS's own utterances here, and that video is one of her own contributions. Gray area, IMO (I'd permit it, if I were a mod, as it is seamlessly part of the other two segments of LS's narrative in this case).

It is super hard to ignore what one's eyes and ears pick up when watching a video, in this case released by a person we are allowed to speak of here. In itself, this was a good way for LS to divide a community, as she has truly done.

(I am trying to avoid mentioning any content of that video, to stay on the right side of the rules, I suggest you do the same...but yeah, if I slip up, let me know and I'll edit if possible and if not, I'll report myself).

bbm

She didn't "go before the masses", she went before the safety of a news station reporter and video camera and stated her 'defense'.

Good grief, Chuck. ALL news media is mass media. That's the whole point of it. BTW, there's one reporter (not the one you see in that video) to whom LS is still communicating on the regular. She knows that it's being broadcast and it is gaining tons of hits for that station every time that reporter comes on, even if she has no new information. Apparently, LS likes that reporter and not the other one. All of this is playing out for the masses. And while you might not realize that, LS certainly does. "Safety?" Seriously?

Talking to a reporter is one of the most public things you can do.

I've been thinking a lot about this scenario because it's the only one I can imagine where he could still be alive and unhurt. I know there's really no possibility but I'm imagining it anyway. If he was confiding in someone about his home life and was maybe scared because he had angered his caregiver, possibly he could have convinced someone to help him hide out until Dad got home or something like that. And then, his disappearance garnered more attention than expected and the person is scared to get in trouble. It would have to be someone old enough to help but young enough not to consider the potential consequences (a friend's older sibling or something), and now, they just don't know what to do.
Mental gymnastics, I know, I know. I'd just sure love for him to be alive.
Me too

I've been thinking a lot about this scenario because it's the only one I can imagine where he could still be alive and unhurt. I know there's really no possibility but I'm imagining it anyway. If he was confiding in someone about his home life and was maybe scared because he had angered his caregiver, possibly he could have convinced someone to help him hide out until Dad got home or something like that. And then, his disappearance garnered more attention than expected and the person is scared to get in trouble. It would have to be someone old enough to help but young enough not to consider the potential consequences (a friend's older sibling or something), and now, they just don't know what to do.
Me too

Very. I subjected myself last even to her story on 20/20 last eve. I dont know why as I followed every second from crime to Trial. Her Interviews were very similar, word salad. Narrative of course was different yet many, many similarities.
Yes, very interesting. She loves the attention and OMG, she actually thought she’d pull it off with her premeditated moves and her “talk”. I have never seen anything like this in my life.

JMO...but I’m thinking this...
Antisocial personality disorder describes an ingrained pattern of behavior in which individuals consistently disregard and violate the rights of others around them.

The disorder is best understood within the context of the broader category of personality disorders. A personality disorder is an enduring pattern of personal experience and behavior that deviates noticeably from the expectations of the individual's culture, is pervasive and inflexible, has an onset in adolescence or early adulthood, is stable over time, and leads to personal distress or impairment.

The symptoms of antisocial personality disorder can vary in severity. The more egregious, harmful, or dangerous behavior patterns are referred to as sociopathic or psychopathic. There has been much debate as to the distinction between the two descriptions. Sociopathy is chiefly characterized as something severely wrong with one's conscience; psychopathy is characterized as a complete lack of conscience regarding others.

s&bbm
/// snipped ///

Good grief, Chuck. ALL news media is mass media. That's the whole point of it. BTW, there's one reporter (not the one you see in that video) to whom LS is still communicating on the regular. She knows that it's being broadcast and it is gaining tons of hits for that station every time that reporter comes on, even if she has no new information. Apparently, LS likes that reporter and not the other one. All of this is playing out for the masses. And while you might not realize that, LS certainly does. "Safety?" Seriously?

Talking to a reporter is one of the most public things you can do.

My point is, SM was not standing in front of a mass of her detractors, which she no doubt fears due to her concern for her's and her bio-daughter's safety. She wanted to present her case (whatever story line it was, truths or fictions) and the only 'safe' way she could do that was to do so via MSM.

Good grief! ;-)

You think that having good sound on a search story is sensational?

(Are we sure that's a microphone in any case?)

I was just speculating but yes I would consider it somewhat sensational to get sound from feet. *shrug*
A possibility: SM is not involved in GS' disappearance, that GS did leave with a someone, that LE has not been able to determine identity/location of that someone but is basing search locations on a 'possibilities' list, a list of potential individuals who GS may have left with that afternoon.

As mnuch as I expect many of you on the forum don't want to believe this, it IS a possibility, regardless of how SM comes across through the filter of Social Media.

IF and that is a super sized IF this was what happened, SM FUBARed EVERYTHING up in how she handled this situation. I would give the world to be able to say "I was wrong about my theories" and have Gannon show up home, alive and well. But I would would never, ever consider SM "off the hook." She is straight up messed up.

He was in 5th grade, so I'd assume same school as his sister and any friend. If he left before his sister got home, was he just going to hang out with his friends parents and wait for his buddy to get home?

"Hey LS, do you mind if I go to my friend-who-has-no-name's house an hour before he gets home and play?"

"Sure, whatever GS, let's just take a quick selfie before you leave."

Different grades let out at different times in my experience. Just fyi

I have no theory either. I’ve followed this case from the beginning, TS does seem to be in love with herself, and seems to love drama, but if she did harm/kill the little guy, what was her motive???? At the end of the day, she just doesn’t seem like a murderer to me. This is a very strange, heartbreaking case.
There was an article, very early on, where TS described the way the kids had to 'earn' their screen time or video game time. They had to run laps to earn time to play on their computers.

I can see the value in that. If it is done in a balanced way and in moderation, it would be great to teach kids to divide time between physical outdoor activities and video games.

But if a parent is controlling and vindictive, it could be a recipe for disaster. That kind of 'training' can turn into punishment and even abuse, and I have seen cases here where children died as a result of being forced to run as punishment.

All this, to say that TS may have been the type that went too far in terms of punishment that was meted out. So it might not have been a motive, but more of an end result.

I know this is just your thought ;) and personal theory..

But I see that is impossible. 1000% impossible.
Whomever he would be staying with would be in a SHEEEETLOAD of trouble. I cannot think of an honest adult who would hold him in secret. No way a fellow teen would be able to hide him this long.
No way an 11 yr old would survive this long out on the streets out here in CO.

Sadly, its just wishful thinking :/

ETA. Forget the ol' IMO

I was just speculating but yes I would consider it somewhat sensational to get sound from feet. *shrug*

IF and that is a super sized IF this was what happened, SM FUBARed EVERYTHING up in how she handled this situation. I would give the world to be able to say "I was wrong about my theories" and have Gannon show up home, alive and well. But I would would never, ever consider SM "off the hook." She is straight up messed up.
Even though we think we have some knowledge of what may have occurred, we do not know. Our assumptions are speculation at best, despite that what we've all heard and read seems to support a common consensus.

Regardless of the degree of possibility of a scenario and regardless of its popularity or not, a scenario (within context of the situation and assumed known facts) still remains as a "possibility" until such as proven otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member