Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel so selfish, because I just cannot handle each day that passes that we know nothing more about Gannon and where he is! If i feel this distraught, I cannot even imagine the agony this family is going through.

If there was a miracle and Gannon happened to walk back into his front door, one thing is certain, this family will never be the same.

The dynamics of all of this and the pure insanity of how TS has behaved is inexcusable. Her true colors are frightening to see.

I wonder how far off the government is from being able to track a car via satellite. It seems like the technology might be there (or close). What if they know the car's exact location at an exact time. I would imagine it would be tricky, but with help from other devices (that may not get them close enough), I wonder what they could do-- if anything. Anyone know? It seems like it could one day be an economical solution in a case like this. Sorry if this is far-fetched. I'm sure it's been discussed before. MOO
We (my homeschooled tribe and myself) have watched a camera in China...some touristy spot that is live stream. You can zoom in and the detail is mind blowing! So, it's just a matter of time, imo...

Why would they ?

Money, naturally.

If she gets arrested, and cannot afford an attorney, the State will pay a certain amount to a private attorney (it's usually at least twice as much as what most people make per year as their entire salary). The amount can actually be much greater than that in some jurisdictions.

Therefore, defense attorneys try to establish rapport (and even get a retainer signed) before the money starts rolling in. They do this enough that it doesn't matter if some people are never charged.

Money, naturally.

If she gets arrested, and cannot afford an attorney, the State will pay a certain amount to a private attorney (it's usually at least twice as much as what most people make per year as their entire salary). The amount can actually be much greater than that in some jurisdictions.

Therefore, defense attorneys try to establish rapport (and even get a retainer signed) before the money starts rolling in. They do this enough that it doesn't matter if some people are never charged.

I forget that so many are only about the money and don’t give a care for their reputation... or their soul for that matter !

The main toad - Highway 105/Perry Park Road is plowed regularly. The roads off the highway are primarily private roads that owners plow or have plowed.

I don’t believe there was any snow on the ground at the time of GS’ disappearance. It hasn’t snowed at all in January. The first January snow was the day after he disappeared.

The search team plowed the shoulders of the road as part of their search efforts this week.

Dear @Silverheels,

Thank you for this valuable information!

Your sentence, "The first January snow was the day after he disappeared.", highlights one of the first serious hindrances to this investigation - because the search could have initiated "tracking" and scent dogs during that time, as @Trackergd spoke about.

Dear @Silverheels,

Thank you for this valuable information!

Your sentence, "The first January snow was the day after he disappeared.", highlights one of the first serious hindrances to this investigation - because the search could have initiated "tracking" and scent dogs during that time, as @Trackergd spoke about.

Maybe someone was watching the weather report for the perfect time to strike.

Just drove by again. It doesn’t look like they’re winding it down yet. A large group of searchers we’re heading out to search at that same area - behind the gate that looks like a screen. There was a lot of activity at that specific location again.

If they're out there again and not finishing up, they're after something like a dog searching for its buried bone. Perhaps something has already been found and they are on a linear path.

Snow is tough and the area is supposedly getting more. Are they strictly digging in the layers of snow or are they digging in the ground beyond, I wonder?

MOO, MOO

If LE arrested TS or declared her a POI without Gannon's body because they felt their case was strong enough would they be likely to expend as much time and resources to continue to try and find his body?
I think if LE finds sufficient evidence of foul play. Enough for an arrest. They will have good leverage to get any suspect to talk and reveal the location of G. Moo

And that would be telling in and of itself.

People take their phones with them when they leave the house for a length of time, and if her phone remained there when the video shows her leaving, that’s damning.

It’s not game changing or anything, but it would fit perfectly into this puzzle.

But how would she have taken the selfie of Gannon and herself in the truck with her phone? ;)

What do you mean by “just”? Someone had posted they were done for today...
any chance they’re lying to put a certain someone at ease while they continue? I find it very hard to believe they’re at that same exact spot by the fence as yesterday and that nothings come of it...
Fingers crossed they’re onto something and going slow to preserve all evidence.. moo

Just was about 5 minutes before I posted.

I ran a couple errands in Monument and drove by back heading home. It looked like they might be wrapping it up now - quite a few of the searchers were back in the staging area but several were also still at the S-curves. I may run back by later to see if the mobile command unit is still there - should give us an idea of whether or not they're coming back tomorrow before the snow flies.

I wonder how many times the security patrol that's watching traffic has written my license plate number down.

I forget that so many are only about the money and don’t give a care for their reputation... or their soul for that matter !

Well, it's a job like any other job. Where I live, the average attorney in private practice in our county makes $28,000 their first year out of law school. Most are self-employed. At year four, it's risen to $45,000. Paralegals fresh out of school get more than that in their first year ($42,000 average salary first year; $55,000 at year four).

To get $250,000 for a six month contract to defend someone is a wondrous opportunity for some. Like the lottery.

That's less than what the County would have to pay to hire an extra attorney and a couple of extra paralegals for the same process. Workload is so high in the PD's office, mostly with much less complicated cases, of which there are hundreds processed per week.

If the accused already has an attorney at the time of arrest, many jurisdictions don't want to risk demanding a PD be used instead, for various legal reasons as well. Maybe one of our lawyers can chime in with more about this, I mostly know the financial side as seen by young lawyers and paralegals.

But how would she have taken the selfie of Gannon and herself in the truck with her phone? ;)
If the time data shows that she did, then I think she probably turned her phone off immediately after (assuming her phone was in fact turned off).

It would achieve the same thing as leaving her phone at home; it could not be tracked.

Dear @Silverheels,

The "like" button was not enough to thank you for this!

You are remarkably kind to drive there and update us. Your compassion for Gannon is so deep and we are so appreciative of you!!

Oh, thanks. As a newbie, I don't have a lot of well thought-out theories so it's something I can do to contribute. And it's only 10 minutes away. I so want them to find him so the family can move forward through their grief instead of being stuck in limbo.

MOO

Anyone able to pinpoint on a map where this search is happening? I’d like to do what a poster above did- look at google maps traffic and see the congestion. I’m convinced (likely wrong) that something’s happening since it’s the same spot and they’re not leaving like they said they were..

Well alrighty then back on the roller coaster ride I go
Ps. love your drive byes
:) they’ve probably know w

I ran a couple errands in Monument and drove by back heading home. It looked like they might be wrapping it up now - quite a few of the searchers were back in the staging area but several were also still at the S-curves. I may run back by later to see if the mobile command unit is still there - should give us an idea of whether or not they're coming back tomorrow before the snow flies.

I wonder how many times the security patrol that's watching traffic has written my license plate number down.
lol. I was thinking your on their radar for sure.

LOL I was just thinking they were going to start considering u suspect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members