Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Snipped

Each day, a family is in agony wondering where their child is and if they’ll ever see him again.

Former Attorney General Cynthia Coffman has become close with Gannon’s biological parents over the past three weeks. She’s seen their pain and is serving as their spokesperson.

“This is personal anguish at a level I’ve never seen,” Coffman said.

“You can imagine the emotional turmoil they are having now,” Coffman said, adding, “They are strong people. Al and Landen are sticking together and they have great families to support them, but it hurts. It hurts and it hurts more every day.”

“The family sees what you see and what you are reporting and law enforcement is only able to give them the barest details of what is happening,” Coffman said. “They don’t want to compromise the investigation.”

“Not knowing and seeing images that are disturbing of searches of evidence collection makes the mind race to what is potentially there or not there,” Coffman said.

“The waiting is so difficult that having answers may be helpful to the family but if they are not the answers that we all want to hear then it will be an extraordinarily difficult time.”

Investigators focus on specific location as search for Gannon Stauch reaches third week

Former Attorney General Cynthia Coffman has become close with Gannon’s biological parents over the past three weeks. She’s seen their pain and is serving as their spokesperson.

Wonder who has become close to LS and has become her spokesperson. I guess there's no takers.....

Investigators focus on specific location as search for Gannon Stauch reaches third week

I too am so curious, I can't stand it. You'd think they'd use a metal detector for some things. Right?

So...is it plastic? I don't see how it can be an item of clothing (unless someone saw something along there before it snowed - seems unlikely plus...don't need a sifter unless it's just a button - no one called in just a button, I'd think)

When we learn what it is, I bet we'll all go "oooh, of course." Or maybe whiskey tango foxtrot, depending.

They just have to find it - whatever it is!

Could be buttons from a shirt or coat. Anything bigger than say a baseball can be sifted out.
I just thought of "pocket toys" first. My sons always had their pockets loaded anywhere we went.

MOO, MOO

Looking at this coverage: Dee Westcott on Twitter,
it looks to me like they are looking for items thrown out a car window as it drove by. The sifters look close to the road. Perhaps SM discarded things from her car, spotted by another driver who called in a tip and LE are indeed finding things?

But, then again, she would be driving so not on that side of the car where items would fall in the ditch. Was there another person in the car?

Ugh, I don't know.

jmo

I’ve followed quite a lot of cases and if they are sifting for evidence in snow my opinion is that it’s either electronic and there is data supporting the location or it’s caught on video (how? Cameras on homes /roads/ near the location?) or there is eyewitness accounts of potential evidence or a verbal tip from someone with knowledge? What else am I missing ? something has led them to this location IMO what can it be ? We wait ...

Hazarding a guess, here.

If Gannon is no longer with us (which we, unfortunately, suspect is only too true), I'm thinking she didn't bother to remove any of his clothing. The time frame is too narrow for that.

Let's say he is buried somewhere. She gets back into the vehicle, starts driving away, and then realizes something of his is still in the vehicle. Something he had with him on that day, and something that could tie her to him.

Whatever it is, she tosses it out he window as she drives back.

Just a thought.

Oh! Oh! Like a backyard gate key? BINGO!
MOO

Absolutely! Same with eagles. Rate of scavenging correlates with what wildlife are in the area. Goes without saying that a deer carcass will disappear much faster if lions, coyotes, wolves and large scavenger birds are present as opposed to just a few coyotes. Many trying to generalize when in fact scavenging rates vary greatly from region to region.

Yes, good point.
Sadly, with the missing person that I referred to earlier, after 2 weeks in the wilderness and being eaten by wildlife, what was left of the clothing and the remains were not enough to conclude what happened/cause of death, whether an animal attack, natural causes or foul play.

Last edited:
Looking at this coverage: Dee Westcott on Twitter,
it looks to me like they are looking for items thrown out a car window as it drove by. The sifters look close to the road. Perhaps SM discarded things from her car, spotted by another driver who called in a tip and LE are indeed finding things?

But, then again, she would be driving so not on that side of the car where items would fall in the ditch. Was there another person in the car?

Ugh, I don't know.

jmo

RBBM

I think we are all coming to the same conclusion - she tossed something out the vehicle window.

JMVHO.

Last edited:
If it is an object of any kind, why could it matter so much? Unless a weapon or human remains...what could LE not proceed without finding? Makes no sense to spend days looking for a key, a toy, a phone even...how does that prove anything? Even if they can link an object found to a suspect...so what, if Gannon is not found? Yes maybe they can prove a suspect was in the location...but what does that do to advance the case...just baffled...

I think we are all coming to the same conclusion - she tossed something out the vehicle window.

JMVHO.
Yes, or even pulled over to dispose of some evidence. I bet she did it recently and they placed gps on her car without her knowledge. She probably pulled over and stayed a while... enough to raise suspicion.

I’ve followed quite a lot of cases and if they are sifting for evidence in snow my opinion is that it’s either electronic and there is data supporting the location or it’s caught on video (how? Cameras on homes /roads/ near the location?) or there is eyewitness accounts of potential evidence or a verbal tip from someone with knowledge? What else am I missing ? something has led them to this location IMO what can it be ? We wait ...
Dash cam from another car?

jmo

If it is an object of any kind, why could it matter so much? Unless a weapon or human remains...what could LE not proceed without finding? Makes no sense to spend days looking for a key, a toy, a phone even...how does that prove anything? Even if they can link an object found to a suspect...so what, if Gannon is not found? Yes maybe they can prove a suspect was in the location...but what does that do to advance the case...just baffled...
I trust them that it must be very important. Something that ties everything together. I am sure praying for all of them. Their hearts must be heavy as much as their bodies are tired.

I feel like this will get a wrist slap delete, but the guy that lived there was the one that was startled. They made amends, "good to go", the screaming and flashing lights are nothing to look into IMO
I totally get that, but the "good to go" comment was probably a lighten the mood saying, but under the circumstances it was weird. Please, no offense...

I agree!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member