Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen a deceased dog "standing" upright, pushed into a bank by a plow, that was most likely under the fresh snow, before the plow came along. :(

So yes, it makes much sense.
They may use snow thrower type plows. Like a large snowblower. I wonder if the disposal method was simpler than anyone thinks. Just left on the side of the road. Between the hazmat suits, special lights, and sifting I'm envisioning a scene from a nightmare. moo
I wish I could change his situation. {{BIG SIGH}}

I think we are all coming to the same conclusion - she tossed something out the vehicle window.

JMVHO.
I think so....but what? And how?? If she tossed while driving, the items would be in the road, run over, plowed away.

How did items get from the car window to the ditch? Passenger? Or did she stop the car briefly to toss out items?

jmo

If it is an object of any kind, why could it matter so much? Unless a weapon or human remains...what could LE not proceed without finding? Makes no sense to spend days looking for a key, a toy, a phone even...how does that prove anything? Even if they can link an object found to a suspect...so what, if Gannon is not found? Yes maybe they can prove a suspect was in the location...but what does that do to advance the case...just baffled...
Phone?

jmo

If it is an object of any kind, why could it matter so much? Unless a weapon or human remains...what could LE not proceed without finding? Makes no sense to spend days looking for a key, a toy, a phone even...how does that prove anything? Even if they can link an object found to a suspect...so what, if Gannon is not found? Yes maybe they can prove a suspect was in the location...but what does that do to advance the case...just baffled...

Having done jury duty I feel totally different. The deal is beyond a "REASONABLE doubt"....unfortunately too many jurors see that as "beyond all doubt" the more and the stronger the evidence is....well bring it on.

Anything belonging to Gannon should not be there. There is no such thing as too much evidence. Especially if this ends up being a no body case.

One of the things LE needs to check for is whether or not TS was familiar with the Kelsey Berreth case and/or the Frazee trial at all, and if so, to what extent she followed it.

If she read up on that case and the subsequent trial, including the damning electronic evidence that was presented, then it would be pretty safe for LE to conclude that she isn't likely to have replicated any of PF's more egregious errors r/t cell phone/digital evidence.

She may, in fact, have deliberately muddied those electronic waters in her attempts to cover her tracks.

I think TS's level of awareness about that particular case is hugely important.

JMO.

Yes, or even pulled over to dispose of some evidence. I bet she did it recently and they placed gps on her car without her knowledge. She probably pulled over and stayed a while... enough to raise suspicion.
So, you're thinking items were tossed there AFTER the investigation started? Interesting idea.

jmo

Questions to ponder:

Is there not some sort of electronic device that can detect things thru the snow? I suppose like a metal detector, or sonar or something that can at least scan an area and determine what is under a pile of snow (or dirt).

I know they have heat seeking detectors they use in like helipcopeters to scan large wooded areas. Obviously at this point they arent searching for anything that is a warm body
, but with all of the world's technology, why isnt there something that can detect a large body shaped object hidden somewhere? Or detect a suspicious solid item? Or detect a disposed broken phone? Or whatever they are looking for?

Or would it be crazy to put warm water over the snow piles?

If anyone is knowledgeable about tech and searching devices, I would love to hear about it.

Snow isn't the issue, really. Snow, sand, light dirt - all have to be sifted. Ash has to be sifted. There are various electronic gadgets that pick up something warm/hot, something metal, something electronic. I think they can even pick up luminescence. Certainly, there are other methods for looking into bodies of water (but the problem would still be uncovering anything interesting or suspicious). Someone upthread said "wood chipper" and the only other thing I can think of is "crematorium."

Anyway, the real problem is that once the signal is picked up (let's say they used some form of ultrasound, expensive and slow, but that's what they did), then you have look under layers of whatever is on top.

They behave as if they're looking for something specific already. Probably not metal.

There aren't too many technologies that can see below the visible surface of things. Disposed phone - yes. "Any solid item," well...you'd need a team of experts to look at all those ultrasounds, and it would take weeks to collect them, I'd think. You'd need a team of forensic anthropologists if you were looking for the smaller bones (or parts of the skull). Bones can look a lot like other things, unless you have x-rays. X-raying that vast an area? Probably not practical and easier to dig if you're only doing a small area.

There are technologies that can use drone footage of various kinds, too, but still of limited use in this context. Most take months to analyze. Repeated passovers, that kind of thing.

So, if they are looking for electronics previously signaled to, say, an electronics dog...the device must be in pieces?

It's driving me nuts too. The idea that the snow plow flipped some piece of clothing over into the side of the road is the best one I've heard so far.

Sifters for a body though?

Yeah. Odd. Unless most of it is ash, that seems unnecessary. They'd have to think the body was scattered and perhaps crushed. I guess if they have no idea what condition a body is in, or there's any way it could have been scattered and crushed, it would make sense. I feel as it is some really specific item that someone who wasn't thinking clearly may have left in the area.

I will say that just the right "small object" can absolutely make a case. A DNA-covered murder weapon (or parts of it). Shell casings. Small knife. Something belonging to the victim.

Do you think one of the searchers dropped something they had previously found? I just can't figure out why they are sifting snow when there wasn't snow on the ground when Gannon went missing - or do I have that wrong? Wouldn't he and any item be UNDER the snow, not in it?

jmo
The changeable temperatures and sunny conditions in Colorado mean that piles of snow can be very unstable. For example, part of a pile of snow might get hit with a few hours of sunshine and partially melt into itself, and then refreeze overnight, and then the same thing might happen the next day, etc. So something that is deep in the snow or at the bottom of the pile might end up in a different condition or even location, relatively speaking. This is part of what causes peak avalanche conditions in much larger piles of snow, changeable temperatures and snow moving around without appearing any different from the outside view.

In other words, something that was on the ground, then was covered with snow, might be very well encased by snow after 3 weeks in these conditions.

Do you think one of the searchers dropped something they had previously found? I just can't figure out why they are sifting snow when there wasn't snow on the ground when Gannon went missing - or do I have that wrong? Wouldn't he and any item be UNDER the snow, not in it?

jmo
Unless it was/is something discarded after the snow

That's another question I would love answered. There was absolutely no follow-up from the night that female reporter was standing outside their garage and reported that lights were flashing and someone was yelling. I've googled up one side of the internet and down the other and I got nothin'!!!

Who yelled in the garage that night and why?

There are more posts in this conversation if you want to go back and read them

Spencer Wilson Feb 6

Just touched base with @EPCSheriff they let me know the officers were just trying to close the garage door for them and spooked the people inside. Not an update to the case, but shows just how tense and emotional the situation here is. #GannonStauch #FindGannon

Spencer Wilson (@Spencer_WNews) | Twitter

Last edited:

It builds a case. And God only knows, LE wants anything they can get especially in a kid case.
MOO, MOO

:(
How awful for them. I just assumed they were told more...:(
Interesting. She speaks of their pain and anguish and how Landon and Albert are sticking together throughout all this but no mention of the 'other' parent involved. TS mentions AS in her statement but no mention of her by her husband.

As soon as I read, "They see what you see," my mind immediately went to what we 'see' regarding the last person who saw Gannon. I know they are talking about knowing what's happening in the investigation but still, I do wonder how much they know.

Imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members