Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, you're thinking items were tossed there AFTER the investigation started? Interesting idea.

jmo

it’s possible, simply because so much time has passed and it seems like they have only been in the area for 5 days or so.... unless another item has already been found? Maybe they are looking for more evidence.

Is it possible that they have already found his body, and just haven't announced it yet? I don't know of this ever happening, or if they would even be "allowed" to do so. It just seems strange that they've been searching this area for so long.
This thought has crossed my mind too and only because when they found Aniah Blanchard’s body they stayed searching at the scene for 5 days. Still din’t Know why. But We knew she was already found and identified. I guess they could have but seems almost even more cruel to AS and LH to keep them in the dark of that were the case. Moo

Nope, no way.

It doesn't make any sense whatsoever that a body would be left within a stone's throw of the road.

Especially if the goal were to hide the body in a such a way that it would never be found.

Now, a perp might throw something out of the side of their vehicle somewhere miles away from the body as a diversionary tactic.

That would make a lot more sense.

JMO.

To be fair, Caylee Anthony was left very near the side of the road, just far enough for the utility worker to find her as he ventured toward the woods to relieve himself. Many other bodies have been found along the side of the road, in culverts, ditches etc...another little girl, I think just recently as well-I cannot recall her name, fellow sleuthers have mentioned her in these threads somewhere...there was also a case in Utah just a year or two ago where a suitcase was found on the side of the road by highway maintenance that contained the body of a missing woman. It was just tossed out along the freeway between cities, no effort made to hide or conceal the suitcase at all.

Though I don’t believe they are sifting for remains, in this case.

On another note. I don’t know if the person responsible for Gannon’s disappearance intended for him never to be found. They may have dropped or planted evidence in a way to try to make it look like he died as a result of an abduction, and they are arrogant enough to think they will not be able tie it to them. At least this is my hope, because it means maybe we have a chance of bringing him home.

I also believe your theory re: tossing evidence as a diversionary tactic is highly likely.

It’s all too little information to go off of, and too much to decipher all at the same time.

IMO MOO JMO and such

Snow isn't the issue, really. Snow, sand, light dirt - all have to be sifted. Ash has to be sifted. There are various electronic gadgets that pick up something warm/hot, something metal, something electronic. I think they can even pick up luminescence. Certainly, there are other methods for looking into bodies of water (but the problem would still be uncovering anything interesting or suspicious). Someone upthread said "wood chipper" and the only other thing I can think of is "crematorium."

Anyway, the real problem is that once the signal is picked up (let's say they used some form of ultrasound, expensive and slow, but that's what they did), then you have look under layers of whatever is on top.

They behave as if they're looking for something specific already. Probably not metal.

There aren't too many technologies that can see below the visible surface of things. Disposed phone - yes. "Any solid item," well...you'd need a team of experts to look at all those ultrasounds, and it would take weeks to collect them, I'd think. You'd need a team of forensic anthropologists if you were looking for the smaller bones (or parts of the skull). Bones can look a lot like other things, unless you have x-rays. X-raying that vast an area? Probably not practical and easier to dig if you're only doing a small area.

There are technologies that can use drone footage of various kinds, too, but still of limited use in this context. Most take months to analyze. Repeated passovers, that kind of thing.

So, if they are looking for electronics previously signaled to, say, an electronics dog...the device must be in pieces?

It's driving me nuts too. The idea that the snow plow flipped some piece of clothing over into the side of the road is the best one I've heard so far.

Yeah. Odd. Unless most of it is ash, that seems unnecessary. They'd have to think the body was scattered and perhaps crushed. I guess if they have no idea what condition a body is in, or there's any way it could have been scattered and crushed, it would make sense. I feel as it is some really specific item that someone who wasn't thinking clearly may have left in the area.

I will say that just the right "small object" can absolutely make a case. A DNA-covered murder weapon (or parts of it). Shell casings. Small knife. Something belonging to the victim.
Speculation: What about burnt up bloody sheets?

I believe it. With all cases, but especially parent/stepparent child murder cases, I always pray the child didn't see it coming. That's why I find the Conner & Brinley Synder case so disturbing. It's hard to get on that thread. MOO

In a way, I wish we wouldn't have seen Gannon on the video (of course, I know it's great evidence) because then I could think he was fast asleep when something happened to him. I just pray Gannon didn't see it coming. MOO

I know.

I'm going to guess it is a GPS locator attached to a set of keys, backpack, or handheld gaming system.
I once put my phone on the roof of the car at a road trip pit stop and forgot about it. I didn't realize it was gone until we got back to our cabin. My husband, using our Find my Phone app found and recovered it with no trouble at all, they are insanely accurate.

This thought has crossed my mind too and only because when they found Aniah Blanchard’s body they stayed searching at the scene for 5 days. Still din’t Know why. But We knew she was already found and identified. I guess they could have but seems almost even more cruel to AS and LH to keep them in the dark of that were the case. Moo

They could know, while the rest of us are in the dark. It would explain certain things.

Hello everybody, this is my 1st post! (I found WS a few years ago after always being interested in criminal especially missing persons cases and spending half my life being eaten away with knowing my childhood friend was murdered and the case was barely investigated.)

Anyway... I’m here for GANNON! As a mom of boys his case has torn at my heart. I have been angered & perplexed just as you all have... and am going crazy constantly checking on progress. I am so eager to hear a suspect named & that a little boy has been found... no matter how painful.

My opinion is they’ve been sifting for material evidence of some kind and they have a very legitimate reason for spending so much time in one area. I tend to think that the crime was committed quite spontaneously and there was only very panicked thoughts put into any concealment. Of course as someone else has recently speculated, the timeline could be very different than what we’ve been told however I do feel an end will soon be in sight... MOO.

GS❤️

Perhaps a piece or part is missing from a vehicle belonging to the suspect that is not yet a suspect? GPS data could have led them to this area, we know at least one car was towed by the police.
I have wondered if they found some mud on the red truck that may have matched mud found in this area.

Interesting. She speaks of their pain and anguish and how Landon and Albert are sticking together throughout all this but no mention of the 'other' parent involved. TS mentions AS in her statement but no mention of her by her husband.

As soon as I read, "They see what you see," my mind immediately went to what we 'see' regarding the last person who saw Gannon. I know they are talking about knowing what's happening in the investigation but still, I do wonder how much they know.

Imo
Exactly. The former highest attorney in the state speaking on behalf of LH and AS and publicly giving them her support in a TV interview sends a very, very powerful message to the person responsible and her supporters. And I'm absolutely positive it was intended to.

Oh! Oh! Like a backyard gate key? BINGO!
MOO

One of the puzzling, odd details that had me baffled was the statement about checking the gate repeatedly. Some have speculated this was a preemptive explanation for blood evidence in those areas. If so, what would be the real reason to find blood in the garage, on the car and by the gate? Specifically, why would there be blood by the gate? But I was only thinking of why HE might go to the gate prior to when he last left his home. If he was wounded on Sunday, that would be unlikely.

What I hadn’t considered is if something happened Monday during their outing to get his blood on a tool, a shovel, etc that there would be no logical place to stop and clean said tool, shovel, weapon. It would have to be transported back home in the car, go through the garage, and outside to be cleaned. Leaving traces in all three places. Even if one were to use a hose to clean everything outside, traces of blood might be found by the gate, in the garage and on the car.

Pure speculation. Hope I’m wrong.

KK burned one phone in her yard. Very easily so could LS. She could burn it in a picnic grill. Then took pieces and scattered them.....
I would think the neighbors would have smelled that, though. The homes seem pretty close together. Even if she did get rid of a phone hopefully LE can still get the data. Jmo

Same on the east coast....blank screen/no sound (reading we'll be right back) and now local infomercial? for banking/investing followed by Lux-stone.
Eta.. meant to write we started out the same as you, weather, Daytona etc.

Hi - I’m in Baltimore/Annapolis! I just signed up to post the link:

Investigators focus on specific location as search for Gannon Stauch reaches third week

When I watched it live earlier, it was on KDVR Channel 2, not FOX 31, which may be why some folks couldn’t find it. I was clicking back and forth between both since it wasn’t clear where it would be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member