Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Imo there have been numerous incidents of people being found “out in the open” or “close to the road” it’s pretty ridiculous how often this stage of the crime often seems way lazier or reckless for how much planning went into explanations, manipulations, etc. just a thought I keep having..

IMO, it is because killers are so focused on the act, that the body disposal is a distant afterthought. It is not easy to get rid of a body to the point it will never be discovered. And yes, laziness is a factor as well. I also think a lot of times they are looking for a quick disposal rather than an effective one. I would like to point out that it would be really hard to dig into clay soil there.

Regarding the sifting of snow, what about a lost Fitbit or smartwatch? Or maybe an oura ring? Do any of those "ping"?

Not sure they need to ping to be detectable by metal detector or some sniffer dogs.

Meet Browser, The Electronics-Sniffing Dog In Lake County

Of course, the dog might have sniffed several things or been non-specific in some ways. A ping would be much more specific, so perhaps in disentangling cell data from that nearby tower, they got a ping that was stationary in that area (but why would they think the pinging thing was still there? why wouldn't it be attached to a moving person?)

Incidentally, the thing just to the right of the kids bow looks like a soft case for an adult bow. For a quick second I thought the blue case top left was a soft gun case but am now pretty sure it's the canopy (and case) out of the box right in front of it. Plus who stores a gun in a garage and why would we have a pic of police standing around it nonchalantly. So IMO, bows are about the extent of any weapons in the garage.
Also in that same picture of the garage. Are those numbers written on the wall or hooks? It kinda looks like a 1,4&3?

I've been offline for a few hours so I'll catch up after I post this.

Just got home from dinner and a drive by the search area. It's snowing like crazy right now and is just starting to stick on the road. The area they were so busy in today has tall pyramids of snow from the sifting operations. It didn't look like any of the yellow flags were still there and nothing was taped off.

The mobile command unit and cell tower are still in the staging area so apparently they'll be back.

The forecast is for only an inch of snow in that area but they already have that much. Hopefully the forecasters are close to correct and there won't be piles of snow to be plowed on top of the search area (assuming they're not done).

At this point, I'm pretty much confused by what's going on. They clearly haven't found Gannon and I can't imagine what other potential evidence could be there to use this many resources for this many days at this one location. I know it'll get cleared up for us eventually but right now I'm stumped.
You have been a Godsend in this case, nothing like boots on the ground updates. Thank you so much!!

I've been offline for a few hours so I'll catch up after I post this.

Just got home from dinner and a drive by the search area. It's snowing like crazy right now and is just starting to stick on the road. The area they were so busy in today has tall pyramids of snow from the sifting operations. It didn't look like any of the yellow flags were still there and nothing was taped off.

The mobile command unit and cell tower are still in the staging area so apparently they'll be back.

The forecast is for only an inch of snow in that area but they already have that much. Hopefully the forecasters are close to correct and there won't be piles of snow to be plowed on top of the search area (assuming they're not done).

At this point, I'm pretty much confused by what's going on. They clearly haven't found Gannon and I can't imagine what other potential evidence could be there to use this many resources for this many days at this one location. I know it'll get cleared up for us eventually but right now I'm stumped.

Dear @Silverheels,

Thank you so much for this information. You are greatly appreciated!

I'm very glad that you are home now and out of the snow storm.:)

Not sure they need to ping to be detectable by metal detector or some sniffer dogs.

Meet Browser, The Electronics-Sniffing Dog In Lake County

Of course, the dog might have sniffed several things or been non-specific in some ways. A ping would be much more specific, so perhaps in disentangling cell data from that nearby tower, they got a ping that was stationary in that area (but why would they think the pinging thing was still there? why wouldn't it be attached to a moving person?)
My thought is progressing as I find out more information. Wondering if perhaps SM lost something that she can't account for being missing, and LE found info through a warrant in some electronic information. I.E. a smartwatch connected to a phone that she forgot she was wearing or that fell off.. Or even Gannon might still be wearing?

@Silverheels

Thank you so much for all the updates! You are so kind to keep us updated, and it’s obvious how much you care! I—we—really appreciate it.

Gannon, where are you buddy?!

I find it interesting that today EPCSO didn’t update today (Twitter/FB etc). I could be going crazy, but isn’t this the first day they haven’t at least updated the page in some way?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member