Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not and never have been a player of electronic games. But I certainly have been a fan and owner of electronic gadgets, including a DVD recorder, multiple television sets and VCRs over the years, multiple Walkmen and an .mp3 player, half a dozen cell phones, currently two streaming video devices and a laptop with a modem/router, so may certainly relate to your shared information about serial numbers and tracking identities of owners. That said, identities of electronics' owners may be falsified, are only as verifiable as the honesty of those making a purchase and filing out the registration information.

Hopefully (and I expect they would be) law enforcement has still checked and will continue to do so (as the situation warrants it) for these things you have mentioned regarding electronics and serial numbers. Leave No Stone Nor Boulder Nor Microchip Nor UPC Sticker Unturned!

But I wonder if Gannon and Letecia Stauch's DNA may be found in and/or on an item buried in snow and/or ice? Or would the weather elements have deteriorated these in a shorter term than we might expect? I don't know enough about genetics and the environmental impact upon DNA to answer these questions.
Hopefully, someone reading this post who does know about DNA can weigh in on this aspect of crime-solving and sleuthing for us. Are there any DNA expert witnesses out there?

Just a snippet found by googling; there's lots more out there:

"It is well known that DNA survival is affected by ambient temperature, with the greatest probability of survival occurring in locations with constant low temperatures (Smith et al. 2003). ... Potential sources of DNA in ice or snow include shed cells, hair, and biological fluids."

Hmmmmm.....Hair would certainly be something found by sifting and perhaps dropped by a bird or animal?

Note that I also get blisters on my non-dominant hand because my wedding and other ring cause more friction. So it takes less. Also, when I’m using a shorter, sharp spade (maybe a yard tall) in the garden, I’m holding that top horizontal handle with the right and the friction is actually happening on my left hand when I use it on the straight vertical end of the shovel to help lift the heavy load.
Are there any photos of her using her phone? Righties usually hold it with their left while using their right hand to navigate and dial.

Is that a crossbow against the back wall?

It's a kids bow. The cams are way to small for any kind of real lbs of force. Sadly it was probably a starter from his dad to get him ready for a father/son hunting trip. Dads that don't hunt wouldn't spend the money on that kind of bow (still about $100), but would likely get a much cheaper version of something to hit a haystack.

It's a kids bow. The cams are way to small for any kind of real lbs of force. Sadly it was probably a starter from his dad to get him ready for a father/son hunting trip. Dads that don't hunt wouldn't spend the money on that kind of bow (still about $100), but would likely get a much cheaper version of something to hit a haystack.
Thank you. I don't much about that kind of thing. Obviously. Except for that it looked like one.

I’m still 10 pages behind, but wanted to get my quotes posted before we moved threads. Hope I’m not repeating anybody!

There's a lot of bizarre behavior on sm by LS. But I constantly ask myself when reading, how much is actually her? It's easy to spoof a facebook acct., so I'm really going off the media interview and her statement to media. Everything else I take with a grain of salt. I think she did something to him, but I try to be careful what I read.
I’ve started to wonder if she’s setting up an “I got hacked” defense and will try to say all those crazy outburst weren’t her. Things got real weird the last day or two, I’m thinking she’s doing it on purpose. But I don’t think she realizes how easy it is to prove what comes from what device. Even if she was smart enough to use a computer in an public library, for example, somebody is going to be able to prove she was there at that time. I mean I doubt she can even take a you-know-what without LEO knowing what kinda TP she’s using.

I just got back home from driving through, too. It looks a lot different from last week. The snow melt has been good. Hopefully tonights snow doesn't put them too far back.
Thank you again! You’re awesome!

A bit confusing, though, since there wasn't snow cover the day he went missing, was there?

jmo
The only thing that makes sense in my mind is, GS was originally in a completely different area. While LEO was looking one way, somebody (*cough* TS *cough*) went the other way. Decided maybe they were getting too close at one point and thought is was smart to move him/evidence, and that’s whatever it is they’re looking for isn’t under the snow. It got put there between all the snow fall. I’m getting stuck on how she could have accomplished this though. TS is either that arrogant and so sure of herself that she thinks she’s so much smarter than the hundreds of LEOs trying to find Gannon, or she wasn’t being tailed at first and was able to move things without being “seen.” Or maybe she borrowed a friends car for a few hours saying she had to get stuff since she wasn’t in her home. As time went on the friend got suspicious (who wouldn’t) and went to LEO, they pulled the GPS and that’s what lead them to that particular spot. I don’t even know if that makes sense or possible, but something extremely important is somewhere around there. And I don’t think any of those LEA are going to give up until they find it.

Last edited:
Not to be rude but we all are. Why do y'all keep saying this?
Seriously...I'm not trying to be judgy.

Dear @floridamomma,

Here's a question I'm glad to be able to answer!

By the time thread #3 came around for Gannon, although there was still hope, there was a great deal of deep sadness on the threads. It was visceral. It was heavy.

As many posters have said on these threads, "Gannon found his way into my heart as soon as I began to read about his disappearance and see his photos..." We all felt this way.

Then - on Thread #4,

@GordianKnot posted eight words:

Time for Roll Call!

Who's Here for Gannon?

Those eight words uplifted us, were heartwarming and gave strength and clarity to the purpose of these threads.

The purpose of the thread is:
Who's Here for Gannon?

And that's why sometimes we reply: Here for Gannon .

I cannot begin to express my deep appreciation for our poster, @GordianKnot
as there simply would not be enough time for me to do so.

Answering my own questions...lol

Lost Ring

"The ring doesn't have a GPS so it doesn't send any location information. However, as long as the ring has some battery left, you can use an app called 'Find my Bluetooth device' to search for the ring. When the ring is near the app, you will see that on the app. Different apps can be found from AppStore/PlayStore and at least some of them are free of charge."

Thank you. I don't much about that kind of thing. Obviously. Except for that it looked like one.
Incidentally, the thing just to the right of the kids bow looks like a soft case for an adult bow. For a quick second I thought the blue case top left was a soft gun case but am now pretty sure it's the canopy (and case) out of the box right in front of it. Plus who stores a gun in a garage and why would we have a pic of police standing around it nonchalantly. So IMO, bows are about the extent of any weapons in the garage.

I've been offline for a few hours so I'll catch up after I post this.

Just got home from dinner and a drive by the search area. It's snowing like crazy right now and is just starting to stick on the road. The area they were so busy in today has tall pyramids of snow from the sifting operations. It didn't look like any of the yellow flags were still there and nothing was taped off.

The mobile command unit and cell tower are still in the staging area so apparently they'll be back.

The forecast is for only an inch of snow in that area but they already have that much. Hopefully the forecasters are close to correct and there won't be piles of snow to be plowed on top of the search area (assuming they're not done).

At this point, I'm pretty much confused by what's going on. They clearly haven't found Gannon and I can't imagine what other potential evidence could be there to use this many resources for this many days at this one location. I know it'll get cleared up for us eventually but right now I'm stumped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kristens5487