Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps someone finding something related to the case on the roadside. A local resident stumbling across the Switch or clothing. Something like that.

Hits by dogs may have narrowed it down, regardless of what brought them that far north in the first place.

I was thinking dog hits too & because there’s nothing readily visible.. they’re sifting??

I find it interesting that searchers are only on one side of the road. That is pretty accurate tracking; to exclude the other side of the road, and they really can't be bothered with the other side of the road.

The accuracy of GPS tracking depends on several factors, but in general, I don't think it can determine which side of the road someone is on unless it is an advanced tracking system (phone, device, or auto).

So why one side of the road? IMO- either someone is talking, or there is video evidence of a specific car parked at that spot or throwing something out the window.

Any other possible reasons?
Good point. I wonder if they somehow know which direction she was going or like you said, someone observed a vehicle pulled over on that side of the road.

Does anyone local know where the closest roads would be where there are stores or cameras or is it mostly country roads in that area? Jmo

I find it interesting that searchers are only on one side of the road. That is pretty accurate tracking; to exclude the other side of the road, and they really can't be bothered with the other side of the road.

The accuracy of GPS tracking depends on several factors, but in general, I don't think it can determine which side of the road someone is on unless it is an advanced tracking system (phone, device, or auto).

So why one side of the road? IMO- either someone is talking, or there is video evidence of a specific car parked at that spot or throwing something out the window.

Last week I saw them on both sides of the road.

One of the extra locations they were searching today was at bridge across the road from the turnoff to Stone Canyon. It's a place where 6th graders around the state learn outdoor skills for a week. I don't think LS is a teacher. I think she's worked in the district office as a curriculum planner, which would also be a position that might be connected to Stone Canyon. I know the schools in Douglas County use this facility. Not sure if other school districts use it too.

MOO

I agree with you. I do not believe that she is a mainstream teacher with a teaching degree. Maybe Colorado does not require a BA/BS/BEd to teach but I believe many states such as mine DO require a full degree (BA/BS/BEd) and not just "I studied education" or an AA. MOO

Aha. I knew Turkey Creek Road fit into that story somehow; thanks for the correction. I grew up with that story. A family member of mine worked in the Jeffco DA's office in the 1970s, and found the original ransom note in a dumpster, being "destroyed" with a bunch of old evidence. He asked a couple of local historical societies if they wanted it, but they didn't, and he really felt like it was a piece of history, so he kept it for years. I think he recently found a historical society who wanted it and donated it.

I could tell by your screen name you'd know some good local history, @Silverheels ;)

Off topic. Check out Death of an Heir. It's a recently released book about the case. I really enjoyed it.

the biggest red flag for me was at the very beginning when she labled him a runaway.....who does that, if Gannon had never ran away before or acted like he wanted to why say that? that would not have been my first guess, I would have thought abducted....big RED flag to me!!!
I think she did that because it was important to her that the disappearance be Gannon's "fault." I am sure that even though she knows the truth and even though Gannon is an 11-year-old boy, she will go to her grave blaming him for what happened, even if it gets twisted into something he "made her do."

the biggest red flag for me was at the very beginning when she labled him a runaway.....who does that, if Gannon had never ran away before or acted like he wanted to why say that? that would not have been my first guess, I would have thought abducted....big RED flag to me!!!
Me too! Huge red flag!

The Fitbit and iWatch have gps ping on it, I had gotten the iWatch 3 just for the gps part mainly because I have topographical agnosia, I can’t find my way out of a paper bag. It started after a car accident that caused some brain damage, so I heavily rely on GPS and my fiancé to find me when lost which happens when I attempt to take the dogs on walks. Unfortunately.
To a kid of Gannons age I think a Fitbit or Apple Watch would be considered “boring”, my oldest son is almost 12 and he thinks it’s lame because there’s really not much kid thingies on there, mostly stuff like heart beat monitor, steps, sleep tracker, mostly health related stuff. This is all jmo and my kiddos opinion on the smart watches.

Someone up thread said that the area has to do with a school (forgot what they said it was part of) and that SM was teacher so maybe she spent some significant time there that the car gps or phone picked up. Wonder what it could possibly be tho.

I’m betting that area is being watched, too many man hours to just leave it completely unattended, right??

jmo speculation imo moo etc

I tend to agree with you Pez, about the area being watched. I can't imagine working that hard on evidence collecting, only to leave it unattended.

Maybe I'm just old and cranky, but for the life of me, I can't imagine a little boy wearing any kind of tracker device. A phone, MAYBE, but that was left home. If anyone wants to educate me I would be grateful.

As a side note: Kid cases are notoriously wretched and so very bothersome. Therefore, since they are just crappy, I try to keep focus on the child and away from even remotely trying to figure out what trusted adult did this and felt the need to break that child's trust in us big people. It helps to keep me focused on the victim, I suppose. Also, having messed around in this stuff for awhile in the past, I have been surprised more than once or twice at who was actually responsible for an act so disgusting.

IMHO, the courts shouldn't waste money prosecuting these adults responsible for crimes against children in OleLadyBlue's world. Just give them their sentence when caught. But since there's a justice system, I can only hope a judge is tougher than I.

MOO,MOO

Good point. I wonder if they somehow know which direction she was going or like you said, someone observed a vehicle pulled over on that side of the road.

Does anyone local know where the closest roads would be where there are stores or cameras or is it mostly country roads in that area? Jmo
There are surprisingly a lot of cameras in the area. I never had a clue until I was looking for them the past few drives I've went on to see if LE was still doing the same thing or adding new things to their routine.

This is a really good point. I think you're right: either someone's describing exactly what happened, or there's video.

They searched both sides of the road but have been focusing on the west side for a couple of days.

One of the extra locations they were searching today was at bridge across the road from the turnoff to Stone Canyon. It's a place where 6th graders around the state learn outdoor skills for a week. I don't think LS is a teacher. I think she's worked in the district office as a curriculum planner, which would also be a position that might be connected to Stone Canyon. I know the schools in Douglas County use this facility. Not sure if other school districts use it too.

MOO
Stone Canyon appears to continuously hire for year-round education positions. I wonder if anyone we know has ever applied for a job there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member