Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
liars imo who are good at it (think they are) sprinkling just a smidge of truth into the narrative and boom ....GOOD TO GO.

they think because the smallest element of truth is embedded in there doesn't matter the volume of embellishment. that's all they see it as.

for the rest of us embellishment= lies.

moo
THIS. This right here.
I think you just described a certain someone to a T.
(Did you see what I did there? ;) )

Sheriff's Office: Gannon Stauch search put on pause, investigation continues - KRDO

SABBM:

LARKSPUR, Colo. (KRDO) -- The search for missing 11-year-old Gannon Stauch was put on hold Tuesday.

Jackie Kirby of the El Paso County Sheriff's Office told KRDO the search effort was halted because of where they are in the investigation, not because of the weather conditions.
<snip>
She said investigators do not think their search in the Larkspur area is over.
<snip>
Kirby said they've concluded their search there for now, but that doesn't mean they won't head back.

These comments could either be interpreted as a positive sign or as a negative sign.

If LE has already collected some solid evidence and is now in the process of organizing and analyzing the evidence they've gathered, that's all to the good.

If they've come up empty-handed and are in the process now of evaluating what their next steps should be, that's not so hot.

I'm not sure which way to read these comments right now.

This statement concerns me. More than a little.

JMO.

Right? Up to this latest statement, I've been strongly convinced they had some very compelling info that has kept them diligently rooted to this area since last Wednesday, toiling in all sorts of difficult conditions. An eye-witness, cameras, cellphone or gps pings/tracking, physical fragments of something very promising..

I guess tomorrow will tell us more.

In the meantime @Silverheels made mention last night of the Adolph Coors III kidnapping case, which she noted had occurred within some miles of the current search areas, and made me curious enough to learn a little about the uniqueness of some of the soil characteristics of that area which, it turns out, figured heavily in that Coors case's evidence.

I'm confident BCI would have examined the vehicles very early on and anything noted and suggestive of a particular location probably would have taken them there right away. Sooner, rather than just a week ago. Would a quick trip through a car wash have been enough? IDK? But what if something else was brought back with (possibly) somewhat unique trace evidence? Something that might have helped firm up other leads?

Feel like I'm reaching, but this passage about the Coors case just really lingers with me:

"As there were no witnesses, prosecutors built their case against Corbett through circumstantial and forensic evidence."​

It wasn't the only piece, but it was reportedly the biggest piece.

"...the dirt found in the undercarriage of the yellow Mercury. Investigators were able to trace the car's path by noting the rare pink feldspar and granite minerals found in the area Coors' body was discovered."
A Look Back at the Coors Kidnapping Case — FBI
Adolph Coors III - Wikipedia

More than you ever wanted to know about the soil in the Palmer Lake Area and the wider Monument Quadrangle, El Paso County.

Darrel Dunn - Hydrogeologist - Geologist - Palmer Lake Geology NT

researchgate.net/publication/272942355_Geology_of_the_Monument_quadrangle_El_Paso_County_Colorado (pdf paper)

Anyway, I'm probably all wet here, but still amazed at the rather granular detail with which they can describe the nature of soil deposits within the proximity of this or that particular stretch of road or other locale within that general area.

Last edited:
No, it is incorrect to say "they're not disputing what's appearing."

Law Enforcement is not disputing Drayton's description.
Right, they are not disputing the neighbors account but I think what the OP means is that LE has not confirmed or denied whether or not Gannon arrived home with TS at that time. They are saying it is part of the investigation without revealing any details about what they know, which is consistent to how they have been throughout the investigation.

They are also apparently still saying they do not suspect foul play, which is what seems strange to me.

Imo

Right, they are not disputing the neighbors account but I think what the OP means is that LE has not confirmed or denied whether or not Gannon arrived home with TS at that time. They are saying it is part of the investigation without revealing any details about what they know, which is consistent to how they have been throughout the investigation.

They are also apparently still saying they do not suspect foul play, which is what seems strange to me.

Imo

This is the part that leaves me perplexed-saying they do not suspect foul play...I cannot wrap my head around how they could say that. Have they indeed said that recently?

It feels like after this long and with any evidence at all aside from a simple runaway, foul play would have to be suspected.

JMO

Last edited:
This is the part that leaves me perplexed-saying they do not suspect foul play...I cannot wrap my head around how they could say that. Have they indeed said that recently?

It feels like after this long and with any evidence at all aside from a simple runaway, foul play would have to be suspected.

JMO

Because 'accident' doesn't equal 'foul play'?

This is the part that leaves me perplexed-saying the do not suspect foul play...I cannot wrap my head around how they could say that. Have they indeed said that recently?

JMO
I read it in the link that was just posted, but I thought I saw it for the first time a few days ago. A few others mentioned it, too. It wasn't a direct quote, it was included in the summary. It doesn't make sense to me considering everything else we have learned, especially since LE made a statement recently about gathering enough evidence to ensure a conviction.

Imo

I just re-watched the Feb 4th EPSO press conference.

Video handed over to police in case of missing boy

At 7:02 the reporters start to question the officer presenting information at the press conference.
At 8:20 a male reported attempts to get the officer to confirm the video content.
The reporter uses the words 'dispute' not the officer.
It is shoddy reporting to later express that the EPSO "did not dispute...etc."
In fact correct reporting would be "EPSO refused to comment on the video"
MOO the press conference officer in response is quite clear, investigators were not happy about the release of the truck video and they were not going to comment on it.

Last edited:
I read it in the link that was just posted, but I thought I saw it for the first time a few days ago. A few others mentioned it, too. It wasn't a direct quote, it was included in the summary. It doesn't make sense to me considering everything else we have learned, especially since LE made a statement recently about gathering enough evidence to ensure a conviction.

Imo

I must’ve missed something somewhere...do you know who or when they made that statement?

I just re-watched the Feb 4th EPSO press conference.

Video handed over to police in case of missing boy

At 7:02 the reporters start to question the officer presenting information at the press conference.
At 8:20 a male reported attempts to get the officer to confirm the video content.
The reported uses the words 'dispute' not the officer.
MOO the press conference officer in response is quite clear, investigators were not happy about the release of the truck video and they were not going to comment on it.

I think LE has huge reason to be upset with the release of that video. I believe they wanted LS to continue to stick to her story that Gannon was home and left after 3:15. I think they wanted her to continue to dig her hole with that narrative so they could use those continued false statements against her, and at some point show her the video and catch her mid-lie, or reveal the video during trial to show that Gannon was never brought back to the home, and her entire story was a lie used to cover what she did with him. That kind of damning evidence being leaked, in my opinion has had a huge impact on this investigation. They could’ve even used that to get a person to reveal the location of a body. As much as I want to commend the neighbor for finding the video, I want to thump him for leaking it.

IMO JMO MOO

I think LE has huge reason to be upset with the release of that video. I believe they wanted LS to continue to stick to her story that Gannon was home and left after 3:15. I think they wanted her to continue to dig her hole with that narrative so they could use those continued false statements against her, and at some point show her the video and catch her mid-lie, or reveal the video during trial to show that Gannon was never brought back to the home, and her entire story was a lie used to cover what she did with him. That kind of damning evidence being leaked, in my opinion has had a huge impact on this investigation. They could’ve even used that to get a person to reveal the location of a body. As much as I want to commend the neighbor for finding the video, I want to thump him for leaking it.

IMO JMO MOO

Agree.

I must’ve missed something somewhere...do you know who or when they made that statement?
It was from the same source that reported that LE "does not dispute the description the neighbor gave," which is not exactly what LE said in the PC. It's more like an interpretation of what she said.

It was also the same article that mentioned the polygraph, which I had never heard before.

It included a summary of the details in the investigation from the start, and the statement about foul play was likely one they made in the beginning and not a recent statement.
I can't remember the name of the source and I can't seem to find it, but I thought it was a few pages back.

ETA I just remembered it was Crime on line... I'm not familiar with them and didn't even know it was MSM so I couldn't recall the name.

Imo

I think this could take awhile. Unless there’s a devil to make a deal with, it would seem they need a body.

Otherwise a very, very strong case will have to be built.

Obviously, the police know he left alive and believe was not harmed by a stranger, hence no concern to the community.

Given the limited time frame for disposal of a body in broad daylight that most of us suspect, then a body should be discoverable when things warm up. The weather just hasn’t been on our side since day 1, but it will be. Patience!

I’m really sad for this poor boy, and it is hard to be patient, but I’m confident that detectives are building the case every day. It seems to me that there really is no need for urgency on their part. their focus is now to build an airtight case, the goal is certain conviction.

It has been so cold in Colorado Springs and all of the search team have been out there for hours and hours every day. I’m thankful for every one of them.

Hopefully, something breaks in the next few days, weeks, months!

IMO JMO MOO
understand totally what your saying.

but don't forget...no matter.....because.....

she had already locked in a narrative. she has now changed the narrative on the fly to accommodate the video.

its still very incriminating

imo

Regarding the driveway video, maybe the dad reacted by crying and saying TS lied because she had told him and LE that she had never left the house, which of course would have been an obvious lie.

But... a lie worth crying over?

That's my sticking point.

Unless it involves Gannon being hurt, I can't imagine why this would spark tears; unless in an alternate scenario they think he passed away inside the house due to neglect and abandonment while she was gone.

But... a lie worth crying over?

That's my sticking point.

Unless it involves Gannon being hurt, I can't imagine why this would spark tears; unless in an alternate scenario they think he passed away inside the house due to neglect and abandonment while she was gone.
That’s a great point. Fine, let’s say she lied about her movements that day. That’s bad, but it’s not something that necessarily lends itself to a devastating conclusion.

We know how the neighbor characterized it, and it stands to reason that the dad saw the same thing he did. Gannon left, and didn’t return.

That’s why he cried, as he knew what it meant.

Besides that, it’s the only way this all makes perfect sense.

Gannon wasn’t spotted going to a friend’s house, and that alleged Google search was a dealbreaker for me from the beginning.

So the window of opportunity only existed in those 4 hours, and not at any point after that. If she left again she’d be spotted. If Gannon left he’d be spotted.

I’ll tell you what though, her kids know some stuff.

RBBM...

The disappearance of Gannon Stauch: A timeline of the case

From a story published on ABC news 18 Feb...

"Feb. 4
A neighbor comes forward with surveillance footage that he says shows Letecia Stauch leaving the house with him and returning hours later alone.

Neighbor Roderrick Drayton told ABC News he decided to look through his footage once the search intensified and saw Stauch getting into a red pickup truck Monday morning at 10:13 a.m. The footage also appears to show Gannon walking slowly as he approaches and gets into the truck, according to Drayton.

When she returns in the truck at 2:19 p.m., Gannon is nowhere to be seen.

A spokeswoman for the sheriff's office told ABC News that investigators have a copy of the video and do not dispute Drayton's description."

As I read the article of the timeline of Gannon's disappearance, it struck me that, APPARENTLY, the Sheriff's Office does not dispute RD's DESCRIPTION...which includes what RD said about Gannon "appearing to walk slowly".....

We're pretty sure they don't dispute that SM returned alone. But it seems they also don't dispute that Gannon walked slowly, which was part of RD's description. We can be certain that LE's video quality (sound included) and enhancing abilities show them what they need to know. And if Gannon appears to walk slowly, enough that it's noticed, then this could point to Gannon either being severely ill or injured at that point.
Enough to make a Dad cry? Especially when he knows that his wife has lied to him.

All JMO and thought processes. Apologies if it seems I am flogging a dead horse.
Eta: RBBM

RBBM...

The disappearance of Gannon Stauch: A timeline of the case

From a story published on ABC news 18 Feb...

"Feb. 4
A neighbor comes forward with surveillance footage that he says shows Letecia Stauch leaving the house with him and returning hours later alone.

Neighbor Roderrick Drayton told ABC News he decided to look through his footage once the search intensified and saw Stauch getting into a red pickup truck Monday morning at 10:13 a.m. The footage also appears to show Gannon walking slowly as he approaches and gets into the truck, according to Drayton.

When she returns in the truck at 2:19 p.m., Gannon is nowhere to be seen.

A spokeswoman for the sheriff's office told ABC News that investigators have a copy of the video and do not dispute Drayton's description."

As I read the article of the timeline of Gannon's disappearance, it struck me that, APPARENTLY, the Sheriff's Office does not dispute RD's DESCRIPTION...which includes what RD said about Gannon "appearing to walk slowly".....

We're pretty sure they don't dispute that SM returned alone. But it seems they also don't dispute that Gannon walked slowly, which was part of RD's description. We can be certain that LE's video quality (sound included) and enhancing abilities show them what they need to know. And if Gannon appears to walk slowly, enough that it's noticed, then this could point to Gannon either being severely ill or injured at that point.
Enough to make a Dad cry? Especially when he knows that his wife has lied to him.

All JMO and thought processes. Apologies if it seems I am flogging a dead horse.
Eta: RBBM

I honestly think just Dad seeing Gannon leaving with her would be enough to make him cry. If LS had told him Gannon stayed at home all day becuase he was sick then seeing the video would be confirmation that she indeed lied and knew more then she was saying. I just don't think it HAD to be more than that to warrant him breaking down crying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member