Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #14

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But... a lie worth crying over?

That's my sticking point.

Unless it involves Gannon being hurt, I can't imagine why this would spark tears; unless in an alternate scenario they think he passed away inside the house due to neglect and abandonment while she was gone.

Well at the time he was probably hoping against hope that her story was true and Gannon would soon be found safe at a friends house. Then, when he watched the video and saw she actually left the house, he realized the rest of her story was probably a lie too. If so, then it's actually way worse than if he saw his son hurt.

RBBM...

The disappearance of Gannon Stauch: A timeline of the case

From a story published on ABC news 18 Feb...

"Feb. 4
A neighbor comes forward with surveillance footage that he says shows Letecia Stauch leaving the house with him and returning hours later alone.

Neighbor Roderrick Drayton told ABC News he decided to look through his footage once the search intensified and saw Stauch getting into a red pickup truck Monday morning at 10:13 a.m. The footage also appears to show Gannon walking slowly as he approaches and gets into the truck, according to Drayton.

When she returns in the truck at 2:19 p.m., Gannon is nowhere to be seen.

A spokeswoman for the sheriff's office told ABC News that investigators have a copy of the video and do not dispute Drayton's description."

As I read the article of the timeline of Gannon's disappearance, it struck me that, APPARENTLY, the Sheriff's Office does not dispute RD's DESCRIPTION...which includes what RD said about Gannon "appearing to walk slowly".....

We're pretty sure they don't dispute that SM returned alone. But it seems they also don't dispute that Gannon walked slowly, which was part of RD's description. We can be certain that LE's video quality (sound included) and enhancing abilities show them what they need to know. And if Gannon appears to walk slowly, enough that it's noticed, then this could point to Gannon either being severely ill or injured at that point.
Enough to make a Dad cry? Especially when he knows that his wife has lied to him.

All JMO and thought processes. Apologies if it seems I am flogging a dead horse.
Eta: RBBM
RBBM...

The disappearance of Gannon Stauch: A timeline of the case

From a story published on ABC news 18 Feb...

"Feb. 4
A neighbor comes forward with surveillance footage that he says shows Letecia Stauch leaving the house with him and returning hours later alone.

Neighbor Roderrick Drayton told ABC News he decided to look through his footage once the search intensified and saw Stauch getting into a red pickup truck Monday morning at 10:13 a.m. The footage also appears to show Gannon walking slowly as he approaches and gets into the truck, according to Drayton.

When she returns in the truck at 2:19 p.m., Gannon is nowhere to be seen.

A spokeswoman for the sheriff's office told ABC News that investigators have a copy of the video and do not dispute Drayton's description."

As I read the article of the timeline of Gannon's disappearance, it struck me that, APPARENTLY, the Sheriff's Office does not dispute RD's DESCRIPTION...which includes what RD said about Gannon "appearing to walk slowly".....

We're pretty sure they don't dispute that SM returned alone. But it seems they also don't dispute that Gannon walked slowly, which was part of RD's description. We can be certain that LE's video quality (sound included) and enhancing abilities show them what they need to know. And if Gannon appears to walk slowly, enough that it's noticed, then this could point to Gannon either being severely ill or injured at that point.
Enough to make a Dad cry? Especially when he knows that his wife has lied to him.

All JMO and thought processes. Apologies if it seems I am flogging a dead horse.
Eta: RBBM

Hopefully the evidence from the search has been positive they need a break, Gannon needs a break.
About the truck video, here is the PC from Feb 4th, right after the RD truck video was released.

Video handed over to police in case of missing boy

At 7:02 the reporters start to question the officer at the press conference about the truck video.
At 8:20 MOO a reporter repeatedly tries to get the police spokesperson to agree with RDs statements about what he saw on his video. Doing this the reporter constructs a question phrased to ask if the sheriff office disputes what RD said he saw on the video.
PC officer responds that the sheriffs office is not going to comment on the video.
MOO the reporters own comments about "not disputing" then become attributed to the sheriff's office as in "they did not dispute...."

MOO Investigators didn't want the video released and they are not going to comment on it.

G'morning WSers
Am wondering if it's possible that LE will come out publicly to address the supposed timeline ?
Is it reasonable to think they may not give ANY more press conferences now until..........
A) They recover Gannon or B) There is an arrest ???? Just wondering :)

You may be misreading the question. Just because a child is missing on your watch doesn't necessarily mean everyone thinks your guilty. When a child is missing, it seems most people, families and neighbors usually unite with a common goal and start looking for the child. They don't start by looking for a scapegoat and someone to blame. The 'it' interview was a reactionary interview as SM was already on the defensive with the public, her husband and the police. What had she done to earn the hostility at that point in time(?), It had nothing to do with mistrusting her initial story as the neighbors video hadn't been discovered.
I could answer your bolded question above, specifically, but it would be against the rules because of TOS.

But I can answer in general terms, to give you an idea of what may have happened to raise suspicion.

There is a neighbourhood forum, much like there is in every neighbourhood. And people routinely discuss lost and found pets and suspicious cars and car break-ins, etc.

So let's say that she asked for help with her missing step son on this neighbourhood forum...and when people responded, wanting to help, maybe they became frustrated with her inconsistent stories and confusing posts....and perhaps it snowballed from there?

I just re-watched the Feb 4th EPSO press conference.

Video handed over to police in case of missing boy

At 7:02 the reporters start to question the officer presenting information at the press conference.
At 8:20 a male reported attempts to get the officer to confirm the video content.
The reporter uses the words 'dispute' not the officer.
It is shoddy reporting to later express that the EPSO "did not dispute...etc."
In fact correct reporting would be "EPSO refused to comment on the video"
MOO the press conference officer in response is quite clear, investigators were not happy about the release of the truck video and they were not going to comment on it.
In a nutshell.

That’s a great point. Fine, let’s say she lied about her movements that day. That’s bad, but it’s not something that necessarily lends itself to a devastating conclusion.

We know how the neighbor characterized it, and it stands to reason that the dad saw the same thing he did. Gannon left, and didn’t return.

That’s why he cried, as he knew what it meant.

Besides that, it’s the only way this all makes perfect sense.

Gannon wasn’t spotted going to a friend’s house, and that alleged Google search was a dealbreaker for me from the beginning.

So the window of opportunity only existed in those 4 hours, and not at any point after that. If she left again she’d be spotted. If Gannon left he’d be spotted.

I’ll tell you what though, her kids know some stuff.
Yes and it's telling that LS made a big deal about Gannon getting out of the truck from the back passenger side but she said zilch about him being seen on video an hour later.

Why is that? She was so eager to insist that everyone got the video wrong, because... shadows :rolleyes: yet no word about what was (or was not) captured later.

For me there's only one conclusion.

At the suggestion of someone earlier, I watched Gray’s analysis of the shadow of the car video on the passenger side. And boy of boy, did that plant reasonable doubt in my mind. So as convenient as it would be for him to disappear while gone during this window, I really think we should brainstorm the possibility of him coming back with her as she states and THEN something happening. I still think she is responsible and I sure would love to know how she is so dang certain that he IS alive and he is GONNA come back.

I think she is able to say that purely because she is so sure he will never be found. We all just have to hope that she has slipped up somehow and LE are on it.

This case is so curious to me. I’m wondering about any kind of agreement or deal between LE and the media. I mean, why haven’t we heard anything even from the media about questions like this? I suppose the school would stay mum about details such as this but I just can’t believe NOTHING has been said or confirmed in the media about who may or may not have seen LS and GS in that four hours or any shopping trips, sightings, etc.
I mean other than the option that there weren’t any because she’s lying...
The school would absolutely stay mum in a case like this. I used to work in the principal's office in a middle school. Anytime LE was involved in any way with one of our students/families, we were required to keep our mouths shut. No interviews, no conversations with anyone about anything.

We would be fired if we spoke out of turn.

Crews were seen sifting through snow and sand the last couple days on the side of Highway 105 by the Sierra Pines neighborhood. Kirby said they've concluded their search there for now, but that doesn't mean they won't head back.

In the meantime, Kirby said the Sheriff's Office would appreciate if people didn't hangout around the places crews have looked for Gannon.

"Until we have concluded our search in that area, we would ask that they don't," said Kirby.
Sheriff's Office: Gannon Stauch search put on pause, investigation continues - KRDO

The BBM part jumped out at me. I'm probably hyper focusing, but she didn't say places crews have looked for evidence.
True, but I think in their minds,' looking for evidence' = 'looking for Gannon'

YIKES!! Just checked twitter to see if their is any kind of updates to share and someone has posted a Daily Mail FB post with a very unflattering photo of TS Haha!! I'm assuming this is OK to state here as it's originally from the Daily Mail?? Please report me if not.
I'm not on FB to grab the original

What? Did she go on the podcast and say she was cleared from a lie detector? I read the crime online article and missed the part where she said that.

Sorry this was a reply from the other page about the crime online article.
ETA link-Gannon Stauch: Timeline of missing Colorado boy who mysteriously vanished over 20 days ago
Ya, still not seeing that part and I just reread it

It is listed under the Feb. 18th heading. "Meanwhile, Tecia Stauch told CrimeOnline she took a lie detector test and passed. We have not yet been able to independently verify the accuracy of the statement."

Not for most of us who have been around WS for any length of time. We have seen this type of "thought process evolution" many times before. Initially, their story has a slight aroma. As time progresses, it begins to downright stink.

IMO. This woman, for reasons which only make sense in her own head. Killed and disposed of a 11 year old boy, then proceeded to build a story line (again, which only makes sense in her own head). I have no doubt LE will be making an arrest, and I can't wait to see her perp walk of shame!!

And the mugshot,I think we are all looking forward to the arrested duckface:D

YIKES!! Just checked twitter to see if their is any kind of updates to share and someone has posted a Daily Mail FB post with a very unflattering photo of TS Haha!! I'm assuming this is OK to state here as it's originally from the Daily Mail?? Please report me if not.
I'm not on FB to grab the original
It looks like a mug shot

I think LE has huge reason to be upset with the release of that video. I believe they wanted LS to continue to stick to her story that Gannon was home and left after 3:15. I think they wanted her to continue to dig her hole with that narrative so they could use those continued false statements against her, and at some point show her the video and catch her mid-lie, or reveal the video during trial to show that Gannon was never brought back to the home, and her entire story was a lie used to cover what she did with him. That kind of damning evidence being leaked, in my opinion has had a huge impact on this investigation. They could’ve even used that to get a person to reveal the location of a body. As much as I want to commend the neighbor for finding the video, I want to thump him for leaking it.IMO JMO MOO

Disclaimer: I am in no way attempting to negate the importance of the First Amendment.

Years ago the press would cooperate with LE to a degree and withhold pictures and other information until LE cleared them to print it. There was professional courtesy on both sides. Today it's all about the rush to scoop the other media sources with the "if it bleeds, it leads" scenario. The media get's it's hands on a hot potato from a source and darn well knows they should not be sharing it without checking with LE, but they do anyway. In doing so, the leaks sometimes threaten the case being built against the actor, taints juries forcing a change of venue and and makes the DA's job much harder. The public's "need to know" should not "always" trump the need to bring justice to a victim.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member