Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #14

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Where do we go with this if by some crazy turn TS is telling the truth (albeit with some story shifting - but it's happened before with a traumatic experience), but is just a conceited and horrible human being?

Not saying that I think this is the case, but as time passes, I can't help but start wondering.

IMO- While this is certainly a possibility, I feel like it is a VERY slim chance. Always best to keep an open mind though.

This is in response to momof4rn just above:

Great post. It does seem that LE is sharing less information these days.
Which is usually not the case in a true endangered missing child case where big flashing lights over every highway alerts people to be on the lookout.
I just think it’s time to let the public know at the very least they do not suspect Gannon left on his own accord. They don’t have to provide details of who they think is involved to say it’s now a criminal investigation. Moo

Well at the time he was probably hoping against hope that her story was true and Gannon would soon be found safe at a friends house. Then, when he watched the video and saw she actually left the house, he realized the rest of her story was probably a lie too. If so, then it's actually way worse than if he saw his son hurt.
Another thing. RD commented that LE said something to the effect of, "it's the break we needed." That says a lot. I'm sure it's not all they have at this point but it was one heck of a starting point. We don't know what all lies she told them initially. We know she lied about Gannon going to a friend's, because he wasn't spotted going to a friend's. Did they know at that point that she had even driven the truck? Maybe she told them she only drove her own car or her daughter's as they seemed to want to take a look at that Jetta per her "experience" at Marshall's. Once they knew she left the house with Gannon in the truck and he didn't return, they knew what vehicle to look for on any surveillance video they found in and around the area and not only that, the public also knew what to look for which likely resulted in more tips and video. JMHO

This fact has been posted repeatedly. Some believe it, some don't. I choose to believe it.
I do as well. As I said before I would think if neighbour was smart enough to backtrack on the video he was smart enough to watch at great length following her return. I just cant see him stopping at the point where she arrives home and exits the truck, shows Dad and gives it to LE.

Last edited:
Where do we go with this if by some crazy turn TS is telling the truth (albeit with some story shifting - but it's happened before with a traumatic experience), but is just a conceited and horrible human being?

Not saying that I think this is the case, but as time passes, I can't help but start wondering.
This could very well BE the case. She fits the bill - step mother, self-centered, obvious problems with bio-mom, last one to see him - and she does act suspiciously, but that is not enough to try her and hang her, as has pretty much the court of public opinion already. I am keeping an open mind on her until something more definitive nails her.

IMO- While this is certainly a possibility, I feel like it is a VERY slim chance. Always best to keep an open mind though.

I do, too. I feel very strongly that at the "best" it was an accident (I hate using the word best for this scenario - anyone who thinks I'm trying to make light of what I think the outcome is, please forgive me.) I am of the belief that this was a calculated and deliberate act.

Morning hopefully they find gannon today.i am so glad for ws being the way it is . Seeing how social media is it’s freaking nuts with no new info people are sleuthing family coming up with stupid stories. I feel for the bio family with everything being said .i really hope he’s found soon so they can get some peace of mind.

It's a tough one because we don't know so much, especially about the possible neighborhood cams, the "rest" of the RD film, whereabouts of the little sis and if she saw him on Monday, the whole evening of Sunday that we can't even talk about, there's just so much. To me, it's like having 25 puzzle pieces from a large 250 piece one. So we keep moving around those 25 pieces and say "I got it!".
I just can't get beyond Monday afternoon, I tend to believe the shadow is Gannon as I think (without evidence) that his sister got home a little later on the bus, obviously the school could confirm if she were on the bus, another puzzle piece we don't have. (So that IMO the shadow is not her.)
So, sometimes posters get a little peeved, Well then what IS YOUR theory!! I just don't have one beyond their getting back from shopping just before 2:30. It's mind boggling.

And I agree completely about LE supposedly saying that they don't dispute what the film purportedly shows.

Having watched the news for some 55 years, how many times have I seen the foaming press: Director! (President, officer, whatever) Are you disputing blah blah blah!!!??? Director: We haven't seen all the proof yet....but... Breathless reporter, first to phone it in or post on SM....Director Jones did NOT Dispute....

Then 3 days of all the talking heads earnestly discussing it. Something (disputing the original story) that did not even happen.

I believe that green fence has been in place for months, well before the search. Someone can correct me if not.
@Mtnshelby , @Silverheels - it doesn’t seem like it to me, but from your vantage point, can you tell me...if someone had a child who had an urgent need to use the restroom (since he may have been sitting a while in the car during an errand, and still hasn’t reached a final destination)... is that an area a car might pull off so child could “take a nature”? (As my husband calls it)

Behind the green gate perhaps? This doesn’t appear to be an area offering much privacy, but I’m not as sure what the better options would be in that area.

Someone would not have wanted to take child to a public restroom. And someone would not have wanted the child to have an accident in the car. And something tells me that someone didn’t have the presence of mind to remind Gannon to use the restroom before leaving the house that morning.

I guess I’m just wondering about this because we saw dogs being used...and possibly there was a hit leading to extensive search. And a scenario such as this one could leave nothing yet found. (Other than trace biological evidence). *I’m only assuming nothing was found for theorizing purposes only. We really don’t know what has/hasn’t been found there.

ETA: I do think this scenario is quite unlikely as it seems that stopping there would draw unwanted attention. However, I suppose it would depend on the previously mentioned urgency factor.

Last edited:
It's a tough one because we don't know so much, especially about the possible neighborhood cams, the "rest" of the RD film, whereabouts of the little sis and if she saw him on Monday, the whole evening of Sunday that we can't even talk about, there's just so much. To me, it's like having 25 puzzle pieces from a large 250 piece one. So we keep moving around those 25 pieces and say "I got it!".
I just can't get beyond Monday afternoon, I tend to believe the shadow is Gannon as I think (without evidence) that his sister got home a little later on the bus, obviously the school could confirm if she were on the bus, another puzzle piece we don't have. (So that IMO the shadow is not her.)
So, sometimes posters get a little peeved, Well then what IS YOUR theory!! I just don't have one beyond their getting back from shopping just before 2:30. It's mind boggling.

And I agree completely about LE supposedly saying that they don't dispute what the film purportedly shows.

Having watched the news for some 55 years, how many times have I seen the foaming press: Director! (President, officer, whatever) Are you disputing blah blah blah!!!??? Director: We haven't seen all the proof yet....but... Breathless reporter, first to phone it in or post on SM....Director Jones did NOT Dispute....

Then 3 days of all the talking heads earnestly discussing it. Something (disputing the original story) that did not even happen.
There's no theory about the original abc report.
Valid news media source.
For it to be incorrect, a lot of people would need to be lying including RD, Al, and LE.
Why would they all lie?
<modsnip >

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited by a moderator:
@Mtnshelby , @Silverheels - it doesn’t seem like it to me, but from your vantage point, can you tell me...if someone had a child who had an urgent need to use the restroom (since he may have been sitting a while in the car during an errand, and still hasn’t reached a final destination)... is that an area a car might pull off so child could “take a nature”? (As my husband calls it)

Behind the green gate perhaps? This doesn’t appear to be an area offering much privacy, but I’m not as sure what the better options would be in that area.

Someone would not have wanted to take child to a public restroom. And someone would not have wanted the child to have an accident in the car. And something tells me that someone didn’t have the presence of mind to remind Gannon to use the restroom before leaving the house that morning.

I guess I’m just wondering about this because we saw dogs being used...and possibly there was a hit leading to extensive search. And a scenario such as this one could leave nothing yet found. (Other than trace biological evidence). *I’m only assuming nothing was found for theorizing purposes only. We really don’t know what has/hasn’t been found there.

ETA: I do think this scenario is quite unlikely as it seems that stopping there would draw unwanted attention. However, I suppose it would depend on the previously mentioned urgency factor.
The S-curve isn't a place where someone would normally pull off to use as a rest area unless it was a dire emergency. The green gate wouldn't be a place to go behind--that's always been a formidable gate, even when it was just a metal gate (the location just screams GO AWAY). So while someone COULD pull to the side, and certainly I've seen vehicles parked in that vicinity, it's just highly unlikely. The S curve has a "let's get through this and get the heck out" kind of feel. It's narrow and sharp, with signs indicating speed drop to 19, flashing lights, etc. When you walk it, it's relatively dark, and there's a steep uphill rise, although you can't tell from any photo, and plenty of vehicles have taken the curve way too fast and gone flying off the road. You always drive it wondering who is coming around the bend and how fast they are going. hope this helps.

God, please let today be a miraculous day, one that Gannon returns to those who love him, unharmed. If that is not Your will, please let today be the day we get some answers that will help the family and help us understand what has happened to Your child, Gannon. Please, Lord, expose dark deeds to light and bring mighty justice for sweet Gannon. Surround his family with peace, love and hope.
xoxo

Last edited:
This could very well BE the case. She fits the bill - step mother, self-centered, obvious problems with bio-mom, last one to see him - and she does act suspiciously, but that is not enough to try her and hang her, as has pretty much the court of public opinion already. I am keeping an open mind on her until something more definitive nails her.

I agree. I would like to know if Gannon talked with his Mom Saturday night. I wonder what he told her? Now this is me thinking out loud: what if Gannon told his Mom, who clearly loves him dearly, how unhappy he is and how his stepmom treats him (and that he did tell her this is extremely likely since LH said in the interview that Gannon's biggest wish is that his Mom and Dad would be together again). What if LH told someone else the situation her son is in and that person or some other person down the line did get him out there, before LS would seriously harm him. But then, where is Gannon and why is he not reappearing? The point is proven that his life must have been pretty painful in that house. I am not even sure that I consider this as a viable scenario, but it is possibility. JMO and my opinion only. The hike on Sunday and Burger King in my opinion was intended to make it up to the kids for whatever happened on Saturday. AS should know if this hike was planned since longer or if it was a spontaneous trip. IMO

The S-curve isn't a place where someone would normally pull off to use as a rest area unless it was a dire emergency. The green gate wouldn't be a place to go behind--that's always been a formidable gate, even when it was just a metal gate (the location just screams GO AWAY). So while someone COULD pull to the side, and certainly I've seen vehicles parked in that vicinity, it's just highly unlikely. The S curve has a "let's get through this and get the heck out" kind of feel. It's narrow and sharp, with signs indicating speed drop to 19, flashing lights, etc. When you walk it, it's relatively dark, and there's a steep uphill rise, although you can't tell from any photo, and plenty of vehicles have taken the curve way too fast and gone flying off the road. You always drive it wondering who is coming around the bend and how fast they are going. hope this helps.
Thank you so much for giving us a better feel for that area. The images are so narrowly focused. Your description offers better insight.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member