Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s not hard to hide a body.

LE sifting through snow and searching the side of the road for Gannon is a huge indication that they think he’s dead. So is the CSI team removing evidence bags from the house and the DA making a visit. Big indications.
As a local, I've really been thinking that the areas they are searching are more of a crime of opportunity circumstance. If they were searching further west into Rampart Range/Pike National Forest (what you see on the photos and news clips is the very edge of these foothills), wow, that could be almost an infinite number of locations.

It’s not hard to hide a body.

LE sifting through snow and searching the side of the road for Gannon is a huge indication that they think he’s dead. So is the CSI team removing evidence bags from the house and the DA making a visit. Big indications.
I agree. With all the input from our local posters, there are plenty of crevices or cliffs in the area. All you need to do is to drive up close, take him out of the vehicle and shove him over the edge. The fall would most likely kill him or injure him to the point that he could not climb out or yell for help. The cold would finish him off if he was still living. (sorry for the graphic). You wouldn't have to be able to carry him, just drag him to the edge. Get back inside the car and finish your shopping.

There was a horrible news story in our local media a few days ago. A woman showed up at a hospital with her 7-year-old daughter. The girl was cold and limp. She died the next day. Apparently, her death was caused by severe beatings. I wonder if something like this happened to Gannon.
Things like that anger me! We too just had a 2mo. Baby come in in cardiac arrest now with severe brain damage and further injuries indicative of chronic physical abuse. Dad taken into custody and held without bond. But only after he received more than 25K in kind donations.
Yes I think it’s possible something similar happened to G. Moo

I agree. With all the input from our local posters, there are plenty of crevices or cliffs in the area. All you need to do is to drive up close, take him out of the vehicle and shove him over the edge. The fall would most likely kill him or injure him to the point that he could not climb out or yell for help. The cold would finish him off if he was still living. (sorry for the graphic). You wouldn't have to be able to carry him, just drag him to the edge. Get back inside the car and finish your shopping.
Except that the areas they are looking do not have cliffs that are close to vehicular access. You'd have to walk, carry, or drag someone, and someone would know, or have a very, very hard time getting to that place alone. I'm just not seeing it. You can park and go for a hike, and shove someone off the cliff, yes. But where they are looking, you can't drive up Spruce Mountain and do that. Or drive into the S curve. So I just don't get it--meaning, why someone would PLAN a nefarious activity 40 miles from home here. There are plenty of places closer to CSprings where people can drive up and just toss someone out of a car off a cliff. In contrast, further west into the mountains, there are the remains of downed planes from WWII-era, many of which are still so hard to get to and took MONTHS for the trackers to find when the planes originally crashed.

I am sorry Denver 7 has apparently removed the Feb 4 EPSO press conference.
Link no longer goes to the PC video, seems to no longer be in their archived video section at all.
2/4/20 PC now is only on youtube, can't link it.
But if you do go and listen to it, she talks about the video possibly jeopardizing the investigation and then she also adds that they didn't and don't want evidence out in the public forum being scrutinzed before their "law and order."
MOO that is their prosecution of the case, the trial.
The wording of this also makes me certain that LE did not leak this video out in the public. They seemed pretty upset that it was out without specifically saying so.

I thought it was yesterday that they were saying the case is still active and fluid?

And this -- 5 minutes ago:

EPCSheriff‏Verified account @EPCSheriff
We remain steadfast and hopeful. Our investigation is progressing. We have received 675 Tips to date. If you have any credible information please either call our Tip Line at 719-520-6666 or email us at Tips@elpasoco.com. #FindGannon #GannonStauch #Missing #Hopeful

ERLO4GLWoAEbtN-.jpg

3:29 PM - 19 Feb 2020

We remain steadfast and hopeful. Our investigation is progressing. We have received 675 Tips to date. If you have any credible information please either call our Tip Line at 719-520-6666 or email us at Tips@elpasoco.com. #FindGannon #GannonStauch #Missing #Hopeful

EPCSheriff on Twitter
This gives me hope - added to his media thread

Because she "knew he had been abducted', so why bother....

“Last, from day one the Sheriff's office has known a description of the person/friend whom Gannon left with. I explained to them and provided evidence…. they have more in-depth details that go along with this pointing to who sent the person or why he may have come. Again, I repeat they have had this Initially and I was asked to keep quiet about it….. I encourage you to think of any suspicious cars that may have been in the area watching a few days prior and keep praying for G!

“Don’t need all those details mam, it makes our job too complicated, you’re getting into Amber Alert territory. Can you just keep that abduction information and suspect/vehicle description to yourself mam? Let’s go with the runaway story…….” Said no law enforcement officer ever

Sarcasm...not directed at anybody btw.
Oh yeah... from day one...provided evidence... in-depth details... suspicious cars in the days prior... watching. o_O

Which 100% explains why LE said [paraphrasing] if there were an abduction they'd have notified the public.

Good thing her and the investigators are all on the same page. :confused:

Except that the areas they are looking do not have cliffs that are close to vehicular access. You'd have to walk, carry, or drag someone, and someone would know, or have a very, very hard time getting to that place alone. I'm just not seeing it. You can park and go for a hike, and shove someone off the cliff, yes. But where they are looking, you can't drive up Spruce Mountain and do that. Or drive into the S curve. So I just don't get it--meaning, why someone would PLAN a nefarious activity 40 miles from home here. There are plenty of places closer to CSprings where people can drive up and just toss someone out of a car off a cliff.

See, it's a post like this that causes me to want to move from murder right back over the fence to handing him off to someone/abduction/kidnapping

Question I have is, how many times does someone have to lie before you stop believing their story?

Because she "knew he had been abducted', so why bother....

“Last, from day one the Sheriff's office has known a description of the person/friend whom Gannon left with. I explained to them and provided evidence…. they have more in-depth details that go along with this pointing to who sent the person or why he may have come. Again, I repeat they have had this Initially and I was asked to keep quiet about it….. I encourage you to think of any suspicious cars that may have been in the area watching a few days prior and keep praying for G!

“Don’t need all those details mam, it makes our job too complicated, you’re getting into Amber Alert territory. Can you just keep that abduction information and suspect/vehicle description to yourself mam? Let’s go with the runaway story…….” Said no law enforcement officer ever

Sarcasm...not directed at anybody btw.
Well, going with her first version where he was leaving to play at a friend's house......why didn't she start calling his friends when he did not reappear? Instead, I guess she just called his father and then he called Gannon's friends to see if he was there. Then she discovered ?? that he searched if parents could track your phone and then the "runaway" story materialized.....still she did not call his friends to ask if they knew anything at all. This woman is a "unique" person JMO.

Today's the first day I didn't check at least once an hour if there was news. I feel like there's momentum being lost and that makes me feel sad and lose hope. This is unlike many cases we see on here. The amount of social media presence some family members have such that we know more than we normally do about a case. The driveway video that's been known for awhile now and yet it didn't go anywhere. The time that's passed with nothing found at all. I feel so sad!

Is there a way to have the latest thread linked to the front page? The one that's up there is thread #9. Or am I missing it somewhere? Thanks guys

Yes they can. They can issue an EPO on site. They can also secure any evidence or evidence site and prevent anyone from interfering until a search warrant is obtained.

I don't doubt you are legally correct. But if a house might contain evidence why would other people be allowed to stay in the house? At that early point, I'm not sure how LE could "safeguard" evidence (did they even know what the evidence was?) while 3 people were continuing to be there (AS, LH, and young daughter, and maybe close friends) Any of them could have destroyed evidence without meaning to.

Last edited:
Except that the areas they are looking do not have cliffs that are close to vehicular access. You'd have to walk, carry, or drag someone, and someone would know, or have a very, very hard time getting to that place alone. I'm just not seeing it. You can park and go for a hike, and shove someone off the cliff, yes. But where they are looking, you can't drive up Spruce Mountain and do that. Or drive into the S curve. So I just don't get it--meaning, why someone would PLAN a nefarious activity 40 miles from home here. There are plenty of places closer to CSprings where people can drive up and just toss someone out of a car off a cliff. In contrast, further west into the mountains, there are the remains of downed planes from WWII-era, many of which are still so hard to get to and took MONTHS for the trackers to find when the planes originally crashed.
I didn't mention the area where searches have recently been carried out. I believe that the snow sifting was to find parts and pieces of something thrown out beside the road. I do believe that he is much closer to his home. JMO

Last edited:
I don't doubt you are legally correct. But if a house might contain evidence why would other people be allowed to stay in the house? At that early point, I'm not sure how they could "safeguard" evidence (did they even know what the evidence was?) while 3 people were continuing to be there (AS, LH, and young daughter, and maybe close friends) Any of them could have destroyed evidence without meaning to.

Unfortunately it happens.. Kelsey Berreth case is a perfect example. No crime was initially suspected at her home, therefore her family was allowed in and stayed there eventually finding critical evidence themselves.

Random thought...

Does an innocent person, re-telling the details of a child missing in their care, tell 3 completely different stories in as many weeks?

First, she was in the basement working out, when he left to go to a friend's house.
Then, she looked at his phone and found a search about parents finding you and sure enough, now he is a runaway.
Except, LE have known from day 1 that someone sent someone, cars were around watching, and she's given a description to LE about this mystery person that Gannon left with.

So... which one is it? :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member