Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #15

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't doubt you are legally correct. But if a house might contain evidence why would other people be allowed to stay in the house? At that early point, I'm not sure how they could "safeguard" evidence (did they even know what the evidence was?) while 3 people were continuing to be there (AS, LH, and young daughter, and maybe close friends) Any of them could have destroyed evidence without meaning to.
I'm not the poster you are responding to but IMO the anger and friction that most likely was in that home at the time initiated the removal of TS from the home. I know that if I was Gannon's mother, I would immediately want to "interrogate" TS. ;)

I don't doubt you are legally correct. But if a house might contain evidence why would other people be allowed to stay in the house? At that early point, I'm not sure how they could "safeguard" evidence (did they even know what the evidence was?) while 3 people were continuing to be there (AS, LH, and young daughter, and maybe close friends) Any of them could have destroyed evidence without meaning to.

True. But we don’t know that they stayed there. They also may have given an EPO to the family.

Source for this???
Source for this???
I am sorry Denver 7 has apparently removed the Feb 4 EPSO press conference.
Link no longer goea to video, seema to no longer be in their arxhived video section.
2/4\20 PC is only on youtube now, can't link it.
But if you and listen to it, she talks about the video possibly jeopardizing the investigation and MOO she also adds that they don't want evidence out in thw public forum being scrutinzed before their "law and order."
MOO that is the prosecution of the case, the trial.
What’s the theory of why they aren’t securing it? Was it a trap for a perp? To divert the press? Found nothing? OR they found everything they needed? I’m confused by this lack of concern by LE for the search area. Maybe I’m reading too much into it? MOO
MOO no way to know.
100 paid law enforcement staff working for 6 days and then abandon the site without even yellow tape.
Wednesday to Monday they were looking for evidence so small it neeeded to be sieved out of snow. Obviously any evidence object or fragments that small could be missed and still be in the snow somewhere -So why leave and evidemce recovery site without tape?

MOO they recovered it, or enough of it that they can stand on what they already have found. MOO hopeful they got what they needed from there.

The wording of this also makes me certain that LE did not leak this video out in the public. They seemed pretty upset that it was out without specifically saying so.

I am trying to find it mentioned on the you tube of the PC of 2/2. It is 17:23 long...I have listened twice, is there an appx time stamp?

Last edited:
Because in order for them to order the occupants of the house to vacate, they would have to make it a crime scene, otherwise they can not prevent a person from occupying a home. The investigation would need to be a criminal investigation not an active investigation. MOO

I agree. With all the input from our local posters, there are plenty of crevices or cliffs in the area. All you need to do is to drive up close, take him out of the vehicle and shove him over the edge. The fall would most likely kill him or injure him to the point that he could not climb out or yell for help. The cold would finish him off if he was still living. (sorry for the graphic). You wouldn't have to be able to carry him, just drag him to the edge. Get back inside the car and finish your shopping.

And, in some people's minds, this could be an "accident" Just walking along a rocky ravine and oops, he sort of fell. Just messing around, it was an "accident."

The Sun is considered a tabloid, not MSM. That said, I don't believe anything in that "article" other than the fact that LS lost her teaching license due to not showing up for work.

This posting which follows may veer off-topic. But as it is a reply to a posting about a particular publication the poster has challenged to not be considered "mainstream media (MSM)," a tag about which we seem constantly to be debating in these Websleuths forums, I thought some elaboration about the terms "tabloid" and "MSM" to be in order and also possibly instructive for those without a newspaper journalism background, which I happen to have.

Actually, and technically, "NervousNellie," vis-à-vis your assertion about The Sun newspaper and use of the term "tabloid," a tabloid may be just as much "mainstream media (MSM)" as a broadsheet. For some examples, The Boston Herald and The New York Daily News are both tabloids, but also considered just as much "MSM" as each's broadsheet competitor, namely, The Boston Globe and The New York Times.

The term "tabloid" has become widely misconstrued to imply a largely non-fact-based, gossip-mongering, sensationalist scandal sheet, when, in professional newspaper parlance, the term is actually only to describe a size and physical format of a newspaper, not an editorial and/or reporting style.

Tabloid newspapers, which are designed with smaller sheets, are more horizontally-focused (like a periodical), but are not pre-folded, attained greater popularity among the working class due to their greater ease of handling and reading on public transit (buses and subways) than broadsheets, which have longer, vertical sheets, are pre-folded, and which remain more popular by subscription circulation (home delivery and institutional), compared to tabloid dominance via hawkers (persons physically selling papers), newsstand and newspaper vending machine distribution, a/k/a "on-street sales."

Although, USA Today was founded partly on the premise it could attain a large circulation and readership via on-street sales even with its broadsheet design, a kind of generic "national newspaper" and also the first daily newspaper to widely utilize color graphics and photographs, years ahead of many city-based dailies.

The Sun (published in London, England and in the Republic of Ireland) actually began as a broadsheet in 1964, then switched to tabloid publishing in 1969, at which point it was sold to Rupert Murdoch's News Corp UK & Ireland Limited (which had also owned the now-defunct, very sensationalist Sunday-published tabloid News of the World). But The Sun is an actual newspaper and registered as such, so would be considered a "MSM" newspaper just as much as The Times (orig. broadsheet, now compact, which is a hybrid of broadsheet and tabloid) and The Sunday Times (broadsheet), also now owned by Murdoch's publishing group since 1981. Murdoch also owns The New York Post (tabloid perceived to have a politically conservative, working-class readership), but had also at one time owned The Village Voice (also a tabloid, and a leftist stalwart since its inception in 1955); in fact purchased the Voice in 1977 for $7+ million and sold it in 1985 for $55 million to help finance the FOX broadcasting network. Murdoch's only ideology when it comes to his media holdings is the financial bottom line.

Now, all that said, I seem to recall somewhere in my professional journalism career and education there were commissioned studies to ascertain the differentials among the readers of tabloids versus broadsheets, such that tabloid papers (such as The NY Post) are written for a fourth grade reading comprehension level while broadsheets (such as The NY Times) are written for a sixth grade reading level, etc. But there has always been a debate about that issue, which, of course, could be affected by which entity/entities commissioned the comprehension level studies and so forth. Also, many newspapers are often defined as being identified with a particular political ideology-- i.e., "a liberal (Democrat, Labour) newspaper" "conservative (Republican, Tory) newspaper" or "middle-of-the-road paper." Assume, then, what you will about the differences between the editorial styles of newspapers.

And since the Internet achieved popularity in the 1990s, increasingly newspaper (and periodicals) traditions are disappearing anyway, with many more persons obtaining their information online, so no broadsheet or tabloid differential there, except perhaps a virtual one when we see a thumbnail image of the hard copy on the title's website and on Wikipedia.

Also, who is to say a sensationalist information source (such as The National Enquirer or The Star) is not also sometimes just as valid an info. source as one perceived as more traditionally "respectable," such as USA Today, The New York Times or The Chicago Tribune? For example, in 2007 the Enquirer broke the story about then-married Democrat vice presidential nominee, former Senator John Edwards' affair with film producer Rielle Hunter, the reportage of which nearly earned the Enquirer a Pulitzer Prize, a situation most galling to so-called "MSM."

In fact, also increasingly, "MSM" is becoming more sensationalist, certainly in terms of the major broadcast television networks (ABC, CBS and NBC, FOX began as such). Both ABC's 20/20 and NBC's Dateline TV magazine programs have been accused of practicing "checkbook journalism" (paying for its sources), considered unethical among professional journalists. But then, at one time, who would ever have thought we'd see the day when attorneys at law would be permitted to advertise on TV either? And the way the trends appears headed, we might assume physicians and surgeons will be the next professions to hawk their services on TV, perhaps offering cut-rate appendectomies and mastectomies with coupons. We would then know we have reached the dead end of professional ethical integrity.

How long will they keep searching? Eventually they have to scale it back. Why does it matter how many tips have been received? He is still missing! I hate that IMO she is getting away with this or at the least impeding the investigation. I wish we could verify if she actually took a polygraph.

I am sorry Denver 7 has apparently removed the Feb 4 EPSO press conference.
Link no longer goes to the PC video, seems to no longer be in their archived video section at all.
2/4/20 PC now is only on youtube, can't link it.
But if you do go and listen to it, she talks about the video possibly jeopardizing the investigation and then she also adds that they didn't and don't want evidence out in the public forum being scrutinzed before their "law and order."
MOO that is their prosecution of the case, the trial.

Do you mean this press conference with Sgt. Mynatt?

Because in order for them to order the occupants of the house to vacate, they would have to make it a crime scene, otherwise they can not prevent a person from occupying a home. The investigation would need to be a criminal investigation not an active investigation. MOO

Sure. That makes perfect sense. But the claim was made here (at least I thought it was) that LE could have forced only TS to leave in order to preserve evidence.

I'm leaning towards believing it wasn't LE that had a hand in TS leaving but family friction (as some have suggested.)
Edited to add: JMO

Police investigating after body discovered in northwest Colorado Springs

I don’t know if this is relevant to this case yet. A body was found this afternoon in Colorado Springs. Other articles have stated it’s a male body, but LE hasn’t officially commented yet.

what I find interesting is it is located on the route between GS home and the larkspur search area. In fact it is also located on the route between “store that shall not be named” (10 min away) and larkspur search area.

MOO

Weren't they there the night LE went back to close the garage door? Also, they were there when they first came to collect evidence because there is video of them leaving the house and driving away. Imo

They weren’t there on the night involving the garage door. Earlier in the day they left, and DA May arrived. Just after midnight, the garage door story was Tweeted.

Ultimately that was completely innocent, as deputies scared what I believe was the CSI people.

Except that the areas they are looking do not have cliffs that are close to vehicular access. You'd have to walk, carry, or drag someone, and someone would know, or have a very, very hard time getting to that place alone. I'm just not seeing it. You can park and go for a hike, and shove someone off the cliff, yes. But where they are looking, you can't drive up Spruce Mountain and do that. Or drive into the S curve. So I just don't get it--meaning, why someone would PLAN a nefarious activity 40 miles from home here. There are plenty of places closer to CSprings where people can drive up and just toss someone out of a car off a cliff. In contrast, further west into the mountains, there are the remains of downed planes from WWII-era, many of which are still so hard to get to and took MONTHS for the trackers to find when the planes originally crashed.
Maybe she did push him off a cliff, then realized there was stuff in the truck she had to get rid of. She might have driven further away from home to get rid of those things.

It's very hard to get inside the mind of somebody like her. They are difficult people from one day to the next. She might not have even known what she was going to do. Until she did it. Hence, all the lies.

MOO

Sure. That makes perfect sense. But the claim was made here (at least I thought it was) that LE could have forced only TS to leave in order to preserve evidence.

I'm leaning towards believing it wasn't LE that had a hand in TS leaving but family friction (as some have suggested.)
Ehh....I don’t think LE has that authority, unless they announce she is a POI. I think she is no longer residing at the house for the personal issues that have already been discussed. MOO

Weren't they there the night LE went back to close the garage door? Also, they were there when they first came to collect evidence because there is video of them leaving the house and driving away. Imo
But who is "them"?

I don’t know whether they were there the night LE were supposedly alone in the house and got frightened by someone showing up. I also haven’t seen video of them driving away. And again, he family could’ve received an EPO from the cops and then they could’ve obtained a temporary restraining order. I don’t know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor