Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My guess, and it's only a guess and I hope I'm 100% wrong is that they don't expect to find "him" but they are combing for traces of evidence and are concerned with 300 people involved there may be too big of a chance that a secondary crime scene could become contaminated.

but they intended doing it because they recruited actively and vetted all these people.
They were searching for Gannon at the time. Almost 3 weeks ago.
The current search locations is more than likely for evidence- sifting snow is unlikely to produce Gannon.

There is no way this poor child is in a bunker and LS is his food and survival items runner.

And who has a spare fully equipped bunker handy for hiding their stepchild?

LE is just not going to say anything about what they know or think. But I can’t come up with a single scenario where hauling personal property in evidence bags out of a missing child’s home where the DA visited involves finding a hiding place for a living child.

When someone suggested a bunker I personally took it to mean an abandoned bunker for disposal rather than a secret hideaway to stash a child for weeks on end,but that's MOO, I don't believe he could be alive in one now even if that was the goal in the beginning of all this mess.

What you are referring to is a “cell tower dump.” From researching this in previous cases, it does happen a lot.

It will show LE all the phones that were connected to a particular tower, at a certain time period.

I’m not sure it would be helpful here, as if SM’s phone was on, they could just request the records for her phone specifically.

As for the mobile cell tower, I think that’s simply for law enforcement to communicate. I don’t think there’s anything else going on with that.

Ah yes, thank you for the right term.

I thought they could potentially track just her phone, but then wondered if they might have reason to cast a broader net, so to speak, in case anyone else or at least their things could be involved, knowingly or not. My logic was more along the lines of them tempting SM to visit the broader area of the recent searches by basically saying "we're not searching today" (yesterday) and trying to keep the search under wraps today. With all of the effort and time spent in that particular area, it seems odd they would leave it without some sort of surveillance unless they found what they were looking for already.

Probably already addressed ..

From LS statement she released in her defence

Again, I repeat they have had this Initially and I was asked to keep quiet about it so they could have the best shot at doing their job and bringing G home.

Just another indicator ... if she was asked to keep quiet about it as a best shot, why is she going against LE's experienced advice and request if she really cares more about bringing Gannon home more than her own image?

On another note, while strangers may do so, I would never reduce my child to one little initial ... his name would always be Gannon, or yes even fondly called by his nickname G-Man.

Yeeep. I agree. I also mentioned before that it felt like a very deliberate and calculated move when she asked the public to call in any vehicle they thought they saw because was Sgt. Mynatt who said detectives have to investigate every tip they get and it takes away time from their investigation to check out bogus leads. Mynatt was referring to social media at the time, but I think chasing down every lost vehicle looking to turn around somewhere or food delivery car should count too

I don’t think she will confess anyway. LE will have to find Gannon without her help whether she lives or dies, IMO.
True,
That was the big take away for me from her TV interview.
She was never gonna be helping find him at all.
I lost interest in her then.
Her shoulders looked powerful and strong enough to have great strength was my inane analysis. I couldn't stop watching her left shoulder movements, all pent up.. JMO

Please correct me if I am wrong, but I think Fox31 in Denver was the station that leaked the CCTV video and opened the floodgates. Amongst the local TV stations they are generally more sensational in their reporting, a la Geraldo Riviera back in the day.

jmo
Personally, I think it was a well played idea to release that video. That way everyone knew what truck she was driving that day and what to look for on their own CCTV footage...since she didn't seem to be on-board with showing her face to the general public.:) I have a feeling that the most important part(s) of that video were not released for our viewing.

Personally, I think it was a well played idea to release that video. That way everyone knew what truck she was driving that day and what to look for on their own CCTV footage...since she didn't seem to be on-board with showing her face to the general public.:) I have a feeling that the most important part(s) of that video were not released for our viewing.
I also have the feeling that’s not the only video they have.

There is no way this poor child is in a bunker and LS is his food and survival items runner.

And who has a spare fully equipped bunker handy for hiding their stepchild?

LE is just not going to say anything about what they know or think. But I can’t come up with a single scenario where hauling personal property in evidence bags out of a missing child’s home where the DA visited involves finding a hiding place for a living child.

ITA, but I live 65 miles north and have a bunker under my back yard, with an entrance from my basement. It's about the creepiest thing you've ever seen.

I also have the feeling that’s not the only video they have.
Absolutely! Especially comparisons to Sunday etc. How she normally parks that truck etc. I could go on and on. I doubt LE was too heartbroken over its release. I could picture them thanking the neighbor for the footage and saying...mind if we make you the scapegoat? I'm sure he would be more than willing. Sad when a neighbor cares more about finding Gannon than his own step mother.

LOL not in Colorado. (And I don't mean to be rude, I'm just laughing from the pain of every snow dump at the end of April I've ever endured.)
I believe it! I went to Westminster in May on a business trip once and I brought my winter coat because there were reports of snow. Sure enough, I went to bed after going to dinner with no jacket and woke up to 6 inches of snow on the ground. This was several years ago but I'll never forgot it. The snow melted by the end of that same day.

Absolutely! Especially comparisons to Sunday etc. How she normally parks that truck etc. I could go on and on. I doubt LE was too heartbroken over its release. I could picture them thanking the neighbor for the footage and saying...mind if we make you the scapegoat? I'm sure he would be more than willing. Sad when a neighbor cares more about finding Gannon than his own step mother.
Good point!

I believe it! I went to Westminster in May on a business trip once and I brought my winter coat because there were reports of snow. Sure enough, I went to bed after going to dinner with no jacket and woke up to 6 inches of snow on the ground. This was several years ago but I'll never forgot it. The snow melted by the end of that same day.
LOL- this happens all the time here in Colorado. We never know what the day holds in terms of weather.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member