Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kyron Horman all over again.

This is ridiculous.

But Kyron at least was at the school, as TH said. Which worries me, as much of the searching has been near the school, and if indeed he is found there eventually...who is to say who put him there? The school was open to the public that day.

Whereas in Gannon’s case, from what little we know, Gannon was NOT where he the last person known to see him has said he was. Jmo

Had LE said it was a prescription medication? All I've read is that it was a specific medication and some others have said LE said it was prescribed, but is that what LE really said?

Seems like everybody that goes missing nowadays needs meds which sounds like a made-for-tv ploy.

Going back to Jan 30, 2020 news conference -- someplace archived is a news clip where dad said special medication and a reporter asked what the medication was for and Mahalko (Sheriff's Office) responded prescription medicine. Neither provided the name of Rx (that I'm aware of).

FBI now involved in ongoing search for missing 11-year-old Colorado Springs boy

Gannon Stauch was believed to be a runaway after he left his home southeast of Colorado Springs between 3:15 and 4 p.m. on Monday. But as the week progressed, his disappearance was upgraded to a missing/endangered person case.

His stepmother said he left his home on foot to play at a friend’s house down the street on Monday afternoon, according to the sheriff’s office.

[..]

He [Mahalko] said that the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children and FBI got involved after the case was upgraded to a missing/endangered child case. The FBI’s team specializes in search and rescue and “will be a good partner” in the investigation, Mahalko said.

[..]

Stauch takes special medication, Mahalko said, and authorities have been worried about the cold weather in the area. “His safety is paramount to us,” Mahalko said.

Had LE said it was a prescription medication? All I've read is that it was a specific medication and some others have said LE said it was prescribed, but is that what LE really said?

Seems like everybody that goes missing nowadays needs meds which sounds like a made-for-tv ploy.

I have noted that too...how many people, especially children, were on medications, when going missing...sign of the times I guess?

This is sincerely the strangest case I’ve ever followed. I just can’t get over all the weird and strange things that keep happening. I don’t know what is going to be the outcome whatsoever. I truly hope with all of my heart that the person or persons responsible for Gannon’s disappearance will please come forward. I have followed a lot of cases and this one is by far the craziest. Heartbreaking.

bbm
I think it's because LE is still telling the public that this is not a criminal investigation.

Now, we know that's a patently false statement.

We also know LE needs to keep saying that right now. It's just lip service.

But I think that's why some posters are getting confused…they're listening to what LE is saying vs. watching LE's actions.

Their actions absolutely reflect that they're conducting a criminal investigation.

The fact that they won't verbally acknowledge that is just LE being smart.

No "rush to judgment" accusations can be leveled against them this way.

JMO.
I do not believe such accusation would remain as a concern for LE at this point in the investigation. There might be an additional or perhaps entirely different reason for why LE has since refused to reveal a criminal investigation is underway.

LE could reveal it as a criminal investigation without jeopardizing that standing because LE wouldn't have to name a POI or suspect.

Yes, and I distinctly remember reading that family members left in advance of Dan May's arrival at the house.

So, the family was out of the house by the time he got there…obviously, the DA didn't want them there while he was gathering information from LE at the scene.

JMO.

Isn't it possible that they don't want the family to meet Dan May ahead of time? I mean, in a trial he's a strong candidate to be heading up the prosecution.

The records weren't what I was talking about. Their account of the evening Gannon went missing is different. Includes what I have only seen as speculation.

MOO

I don't think so. Which part?

Gannon Stauch's stepmom lost teaching license after 'falsely claiming missing boy's mom was having her harassed at work'

The only thing I see new is the pictures.

Late last month, Gannon went missing while home with his stepmother.

LeTecia told the El Paso County Sheriff's Office that Gannon left home through a side door on January 27 to walk to a friend's house in Colorado Springs.

Officers initially filed Gannon's disappearance as a "report for a juvenile runaway" after speaking to LeTecia, and did not classify him as a missing person until three days later on January 30.

All of this is true, IMO. It looks flawless to me, except for inexplicably calling Al "Eugene". :rolleyes:

I don’t understand why anyone thinks this isn’t a criminal case? It’s clearly a criminal case. Evidence collection. FBI. Crime scene investigators all over the home. Police interviewing multiple people. The district attorney visiting the house. What part of this at all appears to not be a criminal investigation?

I think the moment LE calls the case a criminal investigation, reporters calls will flood in with "You believe there's foul play here -- Please tell us more-- and Do you have a person of interest?...."

I think LE is wise to keep doing what they are doing. MOO

bbm

I do not believe such accusation would remain as a concern for LE at this point in the investigation. There might be an additional or perhaps entirely different reason for why LE has since refused to reveal a criminal investigation is underway.

LE could reveal it as a criminal investigation without jeopardizing that standing because LE wouldn't have to name a POI or suspect.

I don’t think LE has an obligation to name a suspect even if they one?

Isn't it possible that they don't want the family to meet Dan May ahead of time? I mean, in a trial he's a strong candidate to be heading up the prosecution.

Unfortunately, Dan will no longer be the DA by the time this case goes to trial.

He's term-limited, and his term ends after this year's upcoming election.

I do think he'll be instrumental in building the entire prosecution's case so that it's ironclad by the time it goes to trial, however.

Dan May will undoubtedly lay the foundation and most if not all of the critical building blocks for the criminal case.

He just won't be around when it's time to lay the case out before a jury.

Maybe he'll come sit in the gallery during the trial, though...just to see all his hard work pay off in the end.

Life + 156 years.

Something like that, anyway.

JMO.

Last edited:
The records weren't what I was talking about. Their account of the evening Gannon went missing is different. Includes what I have only seen as speculation.

MOO
Are you talking about this midmoonlady? If so, I have not seen this mentioned either.

"LeTecia told the El Paso County Sheriff's Office that Gannon left home through a side door on January 27 to walk to a friend's house in Colorado Springs."

Yeah. I don’t quite understand the wringing of hands that this is going cold. It took over two months for Lisa Synder to be charged with the murder of the two kids that were found hanging in her basement. Clearly this investigation is super hot right now.

I know there is a team that’s not getting much sleep at the moment.
Because we know so little. Because we are afraid for him. Because our thought is that whoever caused his disappearance didn't leave enough of a trail (that we know of) to lead to his whereabouts after 3 weeks. You as an attorney know not to get as concerned about these drawn out investigations. That isn't a criticism. I wish I had such patience.

I thought someone that Dan May was in a different county?
He's the District Attorney for the 4th Judicial District in Colorado.
He covers both El Paso and Teller counties.

About
Dan1.jpg

Last edited:
I don’t understand why anyone thinks this isn’t a criminal case? It’s clearly a criminal case. Evidence collection. FBI. Crime scene investigators all over the home. Police interviewing multiple people. The district attorney visiting the house. What part of this at all appears to not be a criminal investigation?
The article from kktv.com
updated Wed 5:35am Feb 19
ENDANGERED: 11-year-old Colorado boy has been missing ...
www.kktv.com › content › news › Sheriffs-Office-searching-for-missi...

This article states:
Investigators say they are not at a point where they can call the investigation criminal.

Investigators say they are not at a point where they can call the investigation criminal.

When asked Feb. 10 at what point the Gannon case would change from a missing persons case to a criminal case, El Paso County Sheriff's Office spokesperson Jacqueline Kirby responded, "When the investigation leads us in that direction, and we're not there."

She said the same during an interview on Feb. 12.

That hasn't stopped speculation from running rampant, especially after multiple sightings of the Colorado Springs Police Department Metro Crime Lab at the Stauch family home.

In one such appearance at the home on Feb. 5, 4th Judicial District Attorney Dan May accompanied the crime lab.

The sight of the region's leading prosecutor at the missing boy's home prompted questions over the status of the case. The El Paso County Sheriff's Office maintained the case was still a missing-endangered case and not a criminal investigation.

"DA May being in Stauch home does not change the ongoing efforts in the search for Gannon," the sheriff's office wrote on Twitter. "There are no new updates to report at this time. Our priority remains bringing Gannon home safely to his parents and the investigation continues."

The sheriff's office previously said that the Metro Crime Lab is used in all kinds of investigation, both criminal and not.

"The crime lab is used to, again, get pieces. That’s a part of the investigation," said Sgt. Deborah Mynatt with the El Paso County Sheriff's Office. "That’s what they’re used for. So they’re out there and ensure they’re doing this with the proper measures. They’re using gloves and doing different things because they might come across something that might be part of the investigation. ... We get pieces of information that might not be criminal, that might just lead to where [Gannon] might be. Those kinds of things. So when we get pieces of evidence, it has to be maintained and protected and, again, that's why we might use crime lab. They're really good with that they're experts in the field, and that's why we do that, so it might not be criminal."

It's maddening that LE hasn't brought charges against the last person to see Gannon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SouthEnd