Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't the brown roll of paper be used to conceal evidence being taken from the home? I thought I saw earlier photos of paper-rolled stuff being taken from the house. Not sure why they'd have to back into the driveway for that, unless they just want less press photos.

This is where I think the timeline could be less concrete than we think. Maybe the timeline on the vid clip isn’t what we were led to believe. Or maybe reason has emerged to believe G returned to the house later in a way that was not captured on that released clip. For all we know, LE may even have another unreleased surveillance clip where he returns that we don’t know about.
I remember sometime last week in an update from EPSCO they said the timeline may be different? Also many here have questioned date of this video. The timestamp is there but no date??

Isn't the rule of thumb that evidence that is "wet" (e.g., blood, dna, body secretions, not literally wet) is collected in paper evidence bags? I could be making that up, but I seem to remember that from another case.
I don't know about that but I'd imagine they would use plastic or glass for wet evidence

Random thoughts on what it could be:

1) They found stranger DNA somewhere in the house, ran it, it matched something somewhere.
2) They found stranger DNA and simply want to see what pattern it follows
3) They found evidence on bedding and now want the bed
4) They found fibers in an unexpected place and matched them to something inside the house (like a couch)
5) They are taking out relevant personal belongings not already collected
6) The blood spatter pattern is unusual and they're looking for evidence of a clean-up
7) Any number of personal records ( not sought in an earlier warrant)

By now, they have a list of the family's purchases, if made using a debit or credit card, and some recent purchases might have triggered interest in certain objects (and whether they are still there).

I share your insanity.
I don't have the faintest idea how a roll of brown paper,if that is what it was could signify anything a all..it's just paper, is it??

Kitty, rolls of brown paper are stocked in a lab with many used. However, in this case, they are wrapping something big that contains evidence. Think of it and CSU's Christmas wrapping paper. ;-)

Moo,moo

A "decomposing body" yes.....I agree. I also agree the decomp process starts immediately but the associated fluid and scents would take time. A few hours minimum. Doubt she could have killed him earlier that morning and have the dogs pick up the scent in the vehicle. The cadaver dogs need those fluids. Anything's possible of course. I'm not an expert here at all, just reading about it most this morning. It's fascinating what theses dogs can do.
That's how blow flies find the bodies so fast, because there are scents from fluids and gasses in a deceased person, that begin immediately upon death. So, these scents begin immediately and do not take hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EllaMichael