Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
RSBM
Was reading today they can detect a body buried 12 feet deep. That said, excuse the morbid comment following... they are trained on decomposition fluids/scents....I would think a body would have to be deceased few hours at least, before that process kicks in.
No, actually. Google search it if you like.
Cadaver dogs are not all the same. Some are trained for water detection, some trained for deep underground detection.
a dead body emits certain enzymes immediately after death, within seconds. These can be detected weeks later even if body was moved almost immediately and area cleaned with harsh chemicals

Granted, I'm ignorant on cadaver dogs, but can they get a hit on a dead body if the body is concealed? Like wrapped up and in a tote, or something of the like? Or is it phyiscal contact with the interior of the car?

A trained SAR canine team, dog and handler, can detect a cadaver at the bottom of a lake, in the trunk of a car, a mile a way in the mountains if the wind is right. A canine can detect the scent long after the person is gone from the vehicle. You'd be amazed.

As far as a tote, one would have to be seriously dedicated to place a body in a tote, and seal it, such that a canine would not be able to identify it, a nearly impossible task.

I personally know a SAR canine team operator, trainer, author, and have read some of her work. The sense of smell that a dog has is flat out astonishing.

RSBM
Was reading today they can detect a body buried 12 feet deep. That said, excuse the morbid comment following... they are trained on decomposition fluids/scents....I would think a body would have to be deceased few hours at least, before that process kicks in.
Actually, no. Decomposition starts almost immediately after death. Blow flies, for example, can find a decomposing body within minutes.

I think he must have heard it. She would have used the button to do that, and there would be no other way to know that she locked it, unless it made an audible sound on his camera system.

Usually, the exterior lights blink too, when the fob lock button is used.
So, even IF the locking sound alarm was silenced, the lights would still briefly blink on/off.

*praying*
Don’t know how to express what I’m feeling. Not sure I even know...
Seeing that van back in....I hate to see goblins around every corner but that seems like they REALLY don’t want anyone to see what they are doing/removing? Us? Media? Guilty party? All of the above...?

Is it possible at all for his body to be in house? Is there an attic?
I don’t see how that’s possible. She left with him and never returned.

If not for that video, I would be completely open to that idea.

But we have that video, the probability that the kids would have seen something, and the likelihood that dogs or law enforcement would have found him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member