Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If Gannon was in the truck, deceased, cadaver dogs would have picked that up, and I think that we would at least be seeing them saying that this IS in fact a criminal investigation. Granted they may not share that info with us...but for some reason I think he was still alive in the truck.
I think he was still alive in the truck too..

Hm. I figured it a break because it disrupted the possible timeline she provided. Bc they then felt he had been taken elsewhere prior to the alleged walk or ride to a friend’s house.

why? She locked that truck after she got out. @Angelo shared that footage a few pages back.
Why would LE say it was the break they needed if it wasn't so?

About 2:10 in.

I have wondered if DR could hear her lock the truck as well.

I think he must have heard it. She would have used the button to do that, and there would be no other way to know that she locked it, unless it made an audible sound on his camera system.

If Gannon was in the truck, deceased, cadaver dogs would have picked that up, and I think that we would at least be seeing them saying that this IS in fact a criminal investigation. Granted they may not share that info with us...but for some reason I think he was still alive in the truck.
why? She locked that truck after she got out. @Angelo shared that footage a few pages back.
they meant the break they needed because SM took Gannon with her but came back without him.

As much as I want Gannon found, as much as I want his parents to have answers, to know where their child is, I am apprehensive about this case coming to an end. I have little hope that Gannon is alive and although I feel this intellectually, my heart, my soul isn’t ready to hear that outcome. As long as we hear nothing there is a small hope, even if it’s a frivolous hope. But to hear, to know unequivocally that Gannon is gone from this world is just too heartbreaking to comprehend right now. I am afraid, deeply afraid for the conclusion of this case.
My Heart feels the same way @Seajay
Thank goodness we all have each other for support here as we will all be feeling the exact same thing. :(

I thought we heard LE said that only from RD. I am not saying RD lied but we don't have direct knowledge that was said. Or perhaps LE did say that but that doesn't mean GS died in truck. Neither does locking the truck. (Everyone in the neighborhood has home security, after all.)

It could be something was said like "tips like this will give us the break we need so thank you." And that practically turned into "this solves the case."

I do think the video is important but I still think we don't know enough about it to know exactly what it means. JMO

From what I've seen, and read, Gannon left that house, on that fateful day, in that truck, with that 't', and NEVER was seen again.

I don't know if his dead body was ever in that truck. I suspect not. My guess is he exited that truck, that day, somewhere, and wherever that somewhere is, that, or close to that place, is where he remains.

't' would be able to answer that question for us.
't' was the last to be seen with Gannon.
't' lived at the house where the Crime Lab, and other LE have been several times

and as a result of those facts, every road to answer all the unknowns, IMO ends at the 't'.

I'm curious why it makes no sense. Let's say you found a piece of evidence (and it was a sub-team of EPCSO) and it had fibers on it. You don't know that when you collect it. Some of the fibers match known objects in the house (carpet) but others are specific and appear to come from clothing - say from underwear. You really want to know if that fiber is found in the house (in the laundry, in the underwear drawer, etc). You go back.

That leads you to another inference. And more testing. Perhaps you didn't expect to find DNA right where you did (on that first piece of evidence - which was not sent for testing because you have hundreds of pieces of evidence and no budget for testing every single thing - especially fast tracking it).

You realize that some person (perhaps someone unknown to you) has been in the house - a lot. You now know whose underwear it is, but you also know something else.

Etc. I'd want DNA swabs from all the appliance handles, if that were the case. The medicine cabinet mirror/door (perfect place for fingerprints too but those have probably been looked at - but DNA swabs weren't taken because no reason to spend $$$ just yet). All of the entrance and exit handles (you know the family touched them - but did this new person touch them too? Big tells in that).

I'm of course just making this up, but there are literally hundreds of scenarios in which we have to go back to a crime scene again and again.

In one real world case, forensics found out there was drug residue (meth) on some objects in the house and did several passes to find more traces. I visited the crime scene on about the 5th pass, looking for unusual places that drugs might be stored, but also for some other clues (we knew who the drug user was and no one wanted to literally tear the whole house apart, we wanted to find hiding places). We did find a small stash of meth (they'd already found weed and paraphernalia) but in addition, we found other, more important evidence (of a symbolic nature) as well. I have no idea how many times LE was in that house, but it was many times. They found all sorts of things over time, not all of them related to the particular crime we were investigating.

So I am VERY optimistic about today's development. Where I work, the investigation vans do not have such clear markings. And I've seen LE swap vehicles to throw people off, when doing work out in a particular neighborhood. They're not trying to hide the fact that there's a criminal investigation unit on Mandan Drive today.
Thanks for the insight!!

This

Referencing her return alone, RD also says ...”She locked the truck and went inside” Not certain if he saw her do this with the keys or heard the beeps.

they meant the break they needed because SM took Gannon with her but came back without him.

If the detectives said that with out the lab ... darn. You think they would know to say, "this is very important, thank you." Not "this is the break we needed" etc.

Granted, I'm ignorant on cadaver dogs, but can they get a hit on a dead body if the body is concealed? Like wrapped up and in a tote, or something of the like? Or is it phyiscal contact with the interior of the car?

Good for them being at the house again! This is called "building a case" and you want this to happen. Tells me that something in the lab might have "hit" for a connection and they are going back to see if they can find more. OR, they could have gotten something from the tip line.

The thing I find odd is that friends are not talking to the press saying how wonderful LS is and what a super duper mother she is. Even Frazee had supporters remember. The only reason they wouldn't be talking is if she was "mother/wife bitching" to them which most of us do if we are having a bad day with kids/husband but it's more like our patience has been tested. Most times we don't meant it; we just have to vent. But if she was doing this constantly, she could have inadvertently given her friends a heavy duty clue and they remember that and reported it on the tip line. I know my friends would turn me in if it involved one of my sons missing and some of these women I have known since kindergarten.

@MassGuy, please tell me she didn't do the Benadryl treatment. I'm a grown woman and 1 can take my lights out, but 2 will make me speed. Same with Dramamine. But sadly yes, mothers give those two drugs in sippy cups to their children all the time thinking an OTC drug won't kill them. And as for me, I can't even look at a sippy cup without thinking about that innocent cup causing an inadvertent death.

MOO,MOO

Someone was asking upthread for more info on if more people/cars had shown up for today’s search...No confirmation from a news source...but one might be able glean info from comments on Ashley Francos tweet from earlier. Just saying, hypothetically.

If the detectives said that with out the lab ... darn. You think they would know to say, "this is very important, thank you." Not "this is the break we needed" etc.
I understand why they said that because tht point they weren't sure that Gannon wasn't a run a way but as soon as they saw that he never came back home after leaving with SM they knew he wasn't a runaway and it would take the investigation another way!

I thought we heard LE said that only from RD. I am not saying RD lied but we don't have direct knowledge that was said. Or perhaps LE did say that but that doesn't mean GS died in truck. Neither does locking the truck. (Everyone in the neighborhood has home security, after all.)

It could be something was said like "tips like this will give us the break we need so thank you." And that practically turned into "this solves the case."

I do think the video is important but I still think we don't know enough about it to know exactly what it means. JMO

For most car alarms, once activated, if anyone inside tries to get out, it sets off the alarm. So if the beep was heard by RD, then Gannon did not get out of the truck after LS went into the house (the beeps from the deactivation would be audible to RD and to police).

While he did not die in the truck (I think there would be an arrest if the cadaver dogs had hit on the truck), he also didn't just hang out in the truck until some later time and then wander off.

IMO.

Granted, I'm ignorant on cadaver dogs, but can they get a hit on a dead body if the body is concealed? Like wrapped up and in a tote, or something of the like? Or is it phyiscal contact with the interior of the car?
I know that they are adept at picking up the scent even when a body is buried or underwater so I feel like they would still detect the scent in the air even if there wasn’t physical contact. I’ll have to research this- interesting question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
valafares