Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #19

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been reading without commenting for a while. But because of my psychology background (I’m a graduate student), I really want to ask all of you for your insights on LS’ communication patterns. Particularly, I am interested in the instances where LS chooses to offer seemingly unnecessary or off-topic details that are often not even in her own best interest to divulge.

Sometimes, I think her choice of language just reveals a natural propensity to exaggerate. And calculated attempts to explain things away in attempts to make herself look better.

Like when she claims LE held her and her daughter at gunpoint and threatened to shoot her, she may be stretching the truth to explain away why people may have heard she had a confrontation/her daughter was put in handcuffs. She believes if we think LE was rough with her, we will excuse lack of cooperation.

Or when she claims she didn’t know it was a police officer, she is trying to explain away why she didn’t cooperate fully with LE which she realizes (in hindsight) makes her look bad.

Or when she adds that her daughter is in the Air Force and “has never committed crime or done anything wrong in her life,” she seems to be trying to sway public opinion that this a fine upstanding family who couldn’t be involved in criminal behavior...even tho most would think it makes no sense to drag the daughter into a conversation that wasn’t even about her.

The reason I am so interested in this is that not only does she seem focused on developing explanations to explain the past away, I also suspect she may be trying to lay down a trail of false “facts” that she believes will somehow exonerate her in the future if Gannon is found and suspicion turns to her.

Here are some examples of facts she seems to throw out that I think could be part of some future narrative she is planning...even though I don’t fully understand them yet.

Like when she oddly notes that they went to Burger King. I feel like she believes that they will be able to find her car on camera there Or that she perhaps saved a receipt from there and it will help prove she was “telling the truth” about the rest of the events.

Or when she offers up the candle video believing that this will somehow further prove he was mischievous and capable of running away...even tho most would see it as reflecting poorly on her in actuality.

Or when she offers up G was cut on a tool...that his dad worked with a lot of tools...and she bandages him on the front of the car when no one had asked this. Clearly this could be used to explain away blood found in the garage or car.

The one I don’t fully understand is the gate key. It’s such an insignificant detail but she gives it significance on purpose, claiming G loved being the man of the house and having the only key. In her mind, is this an explanation for how he could’ve left the house through a side route and not been seen on video? Or is the gate key going to have some significance down the road?

I am curious what other unnecessary comments you might have noticed and why you think she is purposefully stringing these comments together.
Possible he was trying to escape her and the gate was locked. Moo

Yup. It’s possible that they have uncovered evidence of past crimes, and they factor into all of this.

If this is what it appears to be, then I’d be shocked if this was a one off.

So if she abused him and decided to cover it up with murder, I’d expect there to have been a pattern of past abuse as well.

Just not as severe.
Yup. How many cases have we all followed where, after sometimes years of abuse, the suspect took it just a bit too far that time, and whoopsies.

New here, lurked off and on for years, most of my input has already been stated in all those cases...this one is too close to home, as I am in SC and we have just lost Faye Swetlik...we were all praying and hoping for a better resolution there, and as the days passed, our hopes became more realistic and we simply hoped it was accidental and the killer panicked...we were asked not to search, otherwise, I believe most of Columbia would have turned out...soooooooo, I have prayed for about three weeks now, as that is when I found out about Gannon, and once again almost every thought, theory, hope, prayer, has already been voiced, here,and I have been told by my friendsto back off because my mental mood is sadness and despair...soooooo, last nite, I went back to the very first thread here, and started looking for that one overlooked bit, did I find it? Of course not, but I do have one question, does anybody here know how long AS was going to be gone? Weekend training? Or longer? Is it possible that Gannon DID run away? Planning to stay hidden til Dad came home?
Dad flew home the next day. So wouldn't Gannon have come home then?

Since this wasn’t something they removed initially, and may be something they needed equipment to remove, I am guessing it’s a piece of the structure...floorboards, drywall, shower tiling or bathtub pieces, a built in counter top....

My thoughts exactly.

I remember having a similar WS discussion about items removed from Kelsey Berreth's condo.

I don't think anyone guessed they would take wood from the stairs!
We did guess sheetrock which proved to be true.

Last edited:
What could G have done to trigger her to the point he was physically abused repeatedly? I just can’t fathom that she targeted just him and not her older daughter or the younger daughter. By all accounts he wasn’t a troublemaker. Maybe he just didn’t like her and the little girl did? I just can’t imagine her physically abusing him and nobody else knew.

My thoughts exactly.

I remember having a similar discussion about items removed from Kelsey Berreth's condo.

I don't think anyone guessed they would take wood from the stairs!
We did guess sheetrock which proved to be true.
Exactly....
Remember how neighbors were stating they could hear hammers and sledge hammers....

Not to derail, but on the topic of dogs, I did see a little shadow in that video. I didn't think it was GS but not sure what else. Maybe it was one of their dogs? If she planned on being gone 4 hours, and living in a rental, maybe they usually put the dogs in the garage to avoid damaging the home? And coming home, she may have opened the garage door right as she exited the truck and one of the dogs ran immediately out in between the vehicles but quickly turned back when it saw she was walking on the other side.

JMO..

I'll give that a maybe but slim in my mind. That garage was too full of stuff to leave a dog loose in there for a couple hours, IMO. Here's what I'll say about TS exiting the truck. She seems mad/annoyed and walking briskly into the house. She appears to be holding papers of some sort. Receipts, printed maps/directions for her trip as she didn't have her phone or GPS with her, who knows? Maybe those papers were found in the house or trash later. She also doesn't look back or to the other side of the truck, I would if my child was getting out of the other side of the car or my dog was there. Nothing, not a glance, just into the house. I think LE got a couple more pieces to this puzzle today and hopefully it's almost complete!

Prayers that tomorrow is the day there's a break in this case & Gannon can be brought home!

Yup. It’s possible that they have uncovered evidence of past crimes, and they factor into all of this.

If this is what it appears to be, then I’d be shocked if this was a one off.

So if she abused him and decided to cover it up with murder, I’d expect there to have been a pattern of past abuse as well.

Just not as severe.

Yes, I feel strongly about this too.

Evidence of past abuse is dangerous to a psychopath.

Not only do my guts tell me they have found evidence of past abuse. I think this is the reason that GS had to be disappeared. Because if LS would have taken him into the doctors, x-rays would have located past broken bones and or bruises.

And if she would have taken him to a doctor She would have to explain WHY his body was beat on.
I couldn’t bring myself to click “like” but I completely agree with you both.

What could G have done to trigger her to the point he was physically abused repeatedly? I just can’t fathom that she targeted just him and not her older daughter or the younger daughter. By all accounts he wasn’t a troublemaker. Maybe he just didn’t like her and the little girl did? I just can’t imagine her physically abusing him and nobody else knew.
Well, if she did then I would think the daughters knew. Kids sometimes keep their mouths shut out of fear, threats, protection, etc.
I have a feeling one or both of them are talking now. I would say the 8 year old. The other minor daughter is LS's and might be living with her right now. Can LE question her minor daughter without LS's consent?

An early article about AS's return to his home, which I only saw recently, did state he is on active duty. I remember noting it particularly, because I had previously been thinking of him as a reservist.

We are not allowed to sleuth AS. But just a bit of info for you - being a reservist and being active duty are not mutually exclusive. Reservists can be temporarily on active duty orders for events like schools or mobilized for any number of reasons and nearly any length of time. Additionally, AGR positions are Active Guard Reserve and they work full time with a Guard or Reserve unit. A minor distinction from Active Duty but technically not the same.

I don’t believe he could have done anything. I think she’s just nuts! She’s was probably jealous of him. And she seems to have a lot of resentment towards his mother with LS saying in her interview that she took care of him the past couple years cuz him mom didn’t want to do she prob took it out on Little Gannon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evremevremm