Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #19

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But if the something they have taken was taken from the house, and we know Gannon left the house alive at 10'ish Monday and believe (as most here seem to) that he never returned alive or not, I'm not sure how incriminating anything they could find at the house would be unless they've found a body. Which it appears they clearly have not. So idk. Seems to me like just some more "investigating." jmo

It could be, if other posters are correct, that she harmed him the night before. There's been conjecture about her using some meds on him too. Maybe his injuries were causing him not to sleep, she gave him something to sleep, and he threw up or had another accident between then and 10am. She would have to have tried to clean all that up, but if it was a mattress they took, it could contain traces of meds he had in his body. I have no idea how analysis of that works, and this is all just MOO. Short of removing a body (which it's clearly not), I would think it'd have to be a mattresses or something he was sitting on that may contain some traces of meds.

Continued from earlier, rereading the threads from the very first one, it is obvious where suspicion focused, LS did nothing a normal person would have done, there is good reason to follow that path, but there is also a very slim chance GANNON did run away, intending to hide til his dad came home... LS would have to lie, one lie, then another...I cling to this scenario, as slightly higher chance of him being alive...now, I am also aware that there are predators everywhere, and they are very good at spotting vulnerable children, this is just too soon after Fay Swetlik, her killer was next door...they were actually in that apt after her death, and did not find her, and NO, I am not defending LS!!!...She/ my sister are extremely toxic...prayers for everyone, tonite

I am sorry if this isn't contributing much (it's just one of my ignorant questions) but I have been on airplanes the past couple of days and have not been able to keep up on this and research it like I normally do but here goes: Is there any other cases in which evidence collection has continued like this? This case seems to have behaviors from several different types of investigations that seem to happen in little spurts at different times. Does anyone know of when investigators have conducted themselves like this?

I've seen them do a couple of visits in the past but usually they just took all the big stuff out first, even when they were tearing the place apart.
Something required deeper forensic testing I imagine.

The one plus side to all the commotion today, to me...It seems they knew precisely what they were there for, and once they had those items, they left immediately.

They’re not grasping at straws. They have something. And I have hope we won’t have to wait too long to find out what that something is.

moo
EXACTLY!!

I have been arguing for Explanation A for several threads now. There's more. There are cognitive issues too (which you touch on, with her unnecessary details). Even if it turns out to be something else, LS's return to her own goodness as a mother (the Sonic shirt, the flower pot tribute) is a central theme that goes beyond "unnecessary" and well into "self-serving."

I don't think she would appear guilty if she weren't the last person to see him (as she's admitted), if she hadn't changed her story at least three times, if she hadn't given the first interview before the surveillance video was released and then had to make up stuff to explain it...and if she weren't so freakin' active on SM, with a whole parallel universe there. Also, if she hadn't taken a sick kid out for 4 hours and apparently lied about a doctor's appointment/telephone Rx.

You can pick "brain disorder" or "thought disorder" or "covering up guilt" for these things. Affect is fairly flat and inappropriate to the situation (in her TV interview - not much data). She laughs, for example.
Really gave me pause....

I think you're right about most everything you've suggested, and I also have no explanation about the gate key. I think it has some significance for something we just haven't heard yet.

I think she tried to set this all up in a way that she believed everyone else wouldn't question, but I don't think she expected it to blow up this big. So now, she's having to backtrack and come up with explanations.

For all they lying she appears to do, she doesn't seem to be very good at it. And she doesn't seem to be self-aware enough to know that some of the things she has released herself make her look worse.

I think it's just dumb luck on her part that Gannon hasn't been found yet.
Yeah - which makes this even more infuriating.

Continued from earlier, rereading the threads from the very first one, it is obvious where suspicion focused, LS did nothing a normal person would have done, there is good reason to follow that path, but there is also a very slim chance GANNON did run away, intending to hide til his dad came home... LS would have to lie, one lie, then another...I cling to this scenario, as slightly higher chance of him being alive...now, I am also aware that there are predators everywhere, and they are very good at spotting vulnerable children, this is just too soon after Fay Swetlik, her killer was next door...they were actually in that apt after her death, and did not find her, and NO, I am not defending LS!!!...She/ my sister are extremely toxic...prayers for everyone, tonite

It would be incriminating if it supported the account of a potential witness.

It’s one thing if one of the kids say they saw something (like an act of abuse), but you’d still want physical evidence to corroborate that.

So I’m wondering if it’s something along those lines.

Yeah, agree, maybe incriminating, but short of direct evidence of murder. In other words, not the proverbial smoking gun.jmo

A Psychopath would be able to smile while her children burned in front of her face. A person with Narcissistic Personality Disorder would also not get that she did anything wrong since life is ALL about HER! We have seen in her a side of evil mental illness that no one wants to see. Normal, healthy people do NOT make their children/stepchildren just disappear.
YES, and gaslight you until you get to the point where you think you are the one who is in the wrong!!

Yeah, agree, maybe incriminating, but short of direct evidence of murder. In other words, not the proverbial smoking gun.jmo
Yeah. He left alive, so obviously you’re not going to find anything that proves (by itself) he is dead.

It’s likely to fill in part of the puzzle, but isn’t going to be a game changer.

I agree. However, there could be evidence of abuse at that time or prior abuse.
Yup. It’s possible that they have uncovered evidence of past crimes, and they factor into all of this.

If this is what it appears to be, then I’d be shocked if this was a one off.

So if she abused him and decided to cover it up with murder, I’d expect there to have been a pattern of past abuse as well.

Just not as severe.

True. They were there for a long time, but went in and came out purposefully both times.

Evidence collection takes time, but it feels to me like they prepared and knew what they were there for. Just my opinion.
The latest tweet by Carly with the video where she says they blocked their view and left quickly was obviously filmed earlier this afternoon IMO. It gets totally dark by 6:30. She tweeted it at 8:50 and I watched her live on air at 9:00. Maybe she was still compiling footage up until airtime.

Yeah. He left alive, so obviously you’re not going to find anything that proves (by itself) he is dead.

It’s likely to fill in part of the puzzle, but isn’t going to be a game changer.
It could be motive though?
Evidence of long term abuse, sexual or physical?
By now, maybe the little child has been assessed by play therapists and professionals who do this work for LE.
They work with drawings, music and age specific themes.

It's early for such work but maybe necessary in the hope of finding him alive.
That little child will need a lot of support throughout her life, she is old enough to remember him well, to remember every bad thing that ever happened well.

I cannot imagine the pain his parents are going through observing all this.

Part of me wishes they are merely trying to provoke SM, but they can do that more easily in words.

I'm not one for praying or believing in anything in particular, I'm multi faith to zero faith and last night before sleeping I WANTED to pray for him and the only prayer I could reasonably make was that his spirit was freed from the circumstances of his life and probable death.
Above all JMO.

PLEASE.. how large? A mattress? A bed? A wardrobe? What could it have been?
Oh God..

It was REALLY hard to tell, I don't think was anything super heavy because it didn't appear that they were struggling to carry it. Heavy things cause you to hunch or bend at the knees & take a few staggered steps at a time. Don't think it was very tall either because it didn't look like they were worried about clearing the top edge of the van. Mattress could be a possibility, or flooring, rug, or carpet. All MOO

I agree. However, there could be evidence of abuse at that time or prior abuse.
Yes, I feel strongly about this too.

Evidence of past abuse is dangerous to a psychopath.

Not only do my guts tell me they have found evidence of past abuse. I think this is the reason that GS had to be disappeared. Because if LS would have taken him into the doctors, x-rays would have located past broken bones and or bruises.

And if she would have taken him to a doctor She would have to explain WHY his body was beat on.

If he was the identified victim of abuse, there may have been disclosures from siblings in the home as to what was happening.

It is important to remember that medical abuse can also exist in the form of use of laxatives or over the counter medication over doses like NSAIDS.

Last edited:

bbm..right. I was thinking of people getting their hopes up, so to speak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18