Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome! (To the fray...)

I am as puzzled as you are by the mention of the key. I do think she's still casting about to find a way around the video evidence. I think she's sweating bullets at that point.

I think the mention of dogs may pertain to why she went where she went on Monday. "Nothing to see here, just out shopping for our dogs."
Welcome! (To the fray...)

I am as puzzled as you are by the mention of the key. I do think she's still casting about to find a way around the video evidence. I think she's sweating bullets at that point.

I think the mention of dogs may pertain to why she went where she went on Monday. "Nothing to see here, just out shopping for our dogs."

My last post (which was my first one!) tried to look at how LS’ statements are pre-selected to explain away her guilt should suspicion rest on her in the future.

But I feel like, for the sake of honesty, I should also mention one incongruency.

For most women, if they had been involved in their step son’s disappearance, they would not be able to maintain such a happy, positive tone of voice throughout that whole interview.

I think this is especially true, for example, when she says that Gannon was kind and always asked if she was ok/feeling well. Most people, when remembering a missing person’s endearing qualities, would tear up or their voice would take on emotion. Either because they loved him and regret what happened or because they feel some sort of guilt in being part of a child’s disappearance/demise.

It’s peculiar and noticeable to me that she doesn’t respond within what I would consider a normal range of emotions for an innocent or guilty party. This strange pseudo-confidence that he is fine and he will be home is illogical if she truly believes he ran away or was abducted and has been gone this long. But it’s even crazier, and a behemoth task to manage emotions that well, if she really had a part in something sinister.

This leads me to believe that she is either A. unwell and believes her own fabrications to such an extent that she is numb to emotion or B. that there might be some crazy, fraction of a chance, that she’s part of some elaborate stunt/plot twist where he could potentially reappear.

While I think it’s most likely A, given her weird and unnecessary comments about blood and the candle vid and well...everything, I wouldn’t be totally flabbergasted if it turned out to be the less likely B...just because her behaviors are so dang strange under these circumstances—innocent or not.

It has also occurred to me that because she lacks self-awareness and social aptitude, she would appear guilty even if she wasn’t. Again, explanation A (and my previous post) are the ones I see as most likely and requiring the least amount of leaps. But, man, wouldn’t it blow all our minds if this turned out to be something else? Say, a set-up to expose her as neglectful or unstable prior to say a custody hearing. I know that’s outrageous. That’d be the stuff of movies. But her lack of sadness over G—innocent or guilty—just sends me for a loop.

But hear me when I acknowledge Explanation A is way, way more likely. Just the professional in me wants to be really fair to all the possibilities here and work hard to remove any biases I might have about people who exaggerate or have poor social skills etc.

God bless Gannon. Whatever the explanation, he was in a bad spot. Xoxo

I have been arguing for Explanation A for several threads now. There's more. There are cognitive issues too (which you touch on, with her unnecessary details). Even if it turns out to be something else, LS's return to her own goodness as a mother (the Sonic shirt, the flower pot tribute) is a central theme that goes beyond "unnecessary" and well into "self-serving."

I don't think she would appear guilty if she weren't the last person to see him (as she's admitted), if she hadn't changed her story at least three times, if she hadn't given the first interview before the surveillance video was released and then had to make up stuff to explain it...and if she weren't so freakin' active on SM, with a whole parallel universe there. Also, if she hadn't taken a sick kid out for 4 hours and apparently lied about a doctor's appointment/telephone Rx.

You can pick "brain disorder" or "thought disorder" or "covering up guilt" for these things. Affect is fairly flat and inappropriate to the situation (in her TV interview - not much data). She laughs, for example.

#GannonStauch investigators did their best backing the vans up near the garage and blocking our view but a large thing wrapped in brown paper was just carried out and put in to that secondary van. Once it was in, it left immediately. @FOX21News

CMoore News® (Carly Moore) on Twitter

UPDATE on #GannonStauch tonight on @FOX21News at 9 p.m.

CMoore News® (Carly Moore) on Twitter

PLEASE.. how large? A mattress? A bed? A wardrobe? What could it have been?
Oh God..

But discussing why LS has mentioned dogs is not off topic. She also mentioned shopping. And a key. Perhaps Gannon had the gate key while they went shopping. For dog things. Or maybe the dogs went with them and also were invisible on video?

Certain specifics are banned, but we can talk about what she did say. She mentioned dogs (which I totally forgot until today). And shopping.

Not to derail, but on the topic of dogs, I did see a little shadow in that video. I didn't think it was GS but not sure what else. Maybe it was one of their dogs? If she planned on being gone 4 hours, and living in a rental, maybe they usually put the dogs in the garage to avoid damaging the home? And coming home, she may have opened the garage door right as she exited the truck and one of the dogs ran immediately out in between the vehicles but quickly turned back when it saw she was walking on the other side.

JMO..

Off topic....
To all the locals there in Co Springs, I heard a winter storm is headed your way. My granddaughter will be flying there and I’m worried about the weather and roads. Her little sister from her dads second marriage has just died there tonight in a car accident. She was just 15. if any of you pray, please pray for my granddaughter and her dad and stepmom. I know they are all heartbroken. I can’t even imagine. :(:(:(

Praying~

Thanks! I can’t remember where I read something about a piece of furniture (one seater). Thought maybe it was that. most likely something light.

Since this wasn’t something they removed initially, and may be something they needed equipment to remove, I am guessing it’s a piece of the structure...floorboards, drywall, shower tiling or bathtub pieces, a built in counter top....

Off topic....
To all the locals there in Co Springs, I heard a winter storm is headed your way. My granddaughter will be flying there and I’m worried about the weather and roads. Her little sister from her dads second marriage has just died there tonight in a car accident. She was just 15. if any of you pray, please pray for my granddaughter and her dad and stepmom. I know they are all heartbroken. I can’t even imagine. :(:(:(

I’m so sorry for your loss. I’m definitely praying for your granddaughter, her dad, her stepmom. and you as well. I’m local here in Colorado Springs. I live about 10 minutes away from Lorson Ranch. I haven’t heard that we’re expecting snow in the next few days but we have had a good amount of snow recently. All of our main roads are clear now though. We had a few random flurries yesterday where I am and the wind was out of control but it’s supposed to be almost 50 degrees tomorrow, which is mild compared to what it has been lately. Again, I’m very sorry for your family’s loss. And as always, here for Gannon.

Since this wasn’t something they removed initially, and may be something they needed equipment to remove, I am guessing it’s a piece of the structure...floorboards, drywall, shower tiling or bathtub pieces, a built in counter top....
I just remembered...did someone early on say that his bike was missing?!

My last post (which was my first one!) tried to look at how LS’ statements are pre-selected to explain away her guilt should suspicion rest on her in the future.

But I feel like, for the sake of honesty, I should also mention one incongruency.

For most women, if they had been involved in their step son’s disappearance, they would not be able to maintain such a happy, positive tone of voice throughout that whole interview.

I think this is especially true, for example, when she says that Gannon was kind and always asked if she was ok/feeling well. Most people, when remembering a missing person’s endearing qualities, would tear up or their voice would take on emotion. Either because they loved him and regret what happened or because they feel some sort of guilt in being part of a child’s disappearance/demise.

It’s peculiar and noticeable to me that she doesn’t respond within what I would consider a normal range of emotions for an innocent or guilty party. This strange pseudo-confidence that he is fine and he will be home is illogical if she truly believes he ran away or was abducted and has been gone this long. But it’s even crazier, and a behemoth task to manage emotions that well, if she really had a part in something sinister.

This leads me to believe that she is either A. unwell and believes her own fabrications to such an extent that she is numb to emotion or B. that there might be some crazy, fraction of a chance, that she’s part of some elaborate stunt/plot twist where he could potentially reappear.

While I think it’s most likely A, given her weird and unnecessary comments about blood and the candle vid and well...everything, I wouldn’t be totally flabbergasted if it turned out to be the less likely B...just because her behaviors are so dang strange under these circumstances—innocent or not.

It has also occurred to me that because she lacks self-awareness and social aptitude, she would appear guilty even if she wasn’t. Again, explanation A (and my previous post) are the ones I see as most likely and requiring the least amount of leaps. But, man, wouldn’t it blow all our minds if this turned out to be something else? Say, a set-up to expose her as neglectful or unstable prior to say a custody hearing. I know that’s outrageous. That’d be the stuff of movies. But her lack of sadness over G—innocent or guilty—just sends me for a loop.

But hear me when I acknowledge Explanation A is way, way more likely. Just the professional in me wants to be really fair to all the possibilities here and work hard to remove any biases I might have about people who exaggerate or have poor social skills etc.

God bless Gannon. Whatever the explanation, he was in a bad spot. Xoxo
Welcome to WS! I’ve enjoyed your first two posts!

I couldn’t see a darn thing besides their legs. Not a clue....

moo
They could easily have erected a screen.. instead they drive us all batcrap crazy..
A large item.. don't they have zoom lenses on those cameras? Of course they do. All kinds of gadgets..
If something big is just now going to the lab it could be thread 25 before anything.
I had my heart set on it being thread 20.. not a hope...

Off topic....

I’m so so sorry to hear this sad news.

The forecast for the next few days is good for travel. Should be warm and sunny at least until Tuesday, maybe Wednesday and the roads are clear. Your granddaughter shouldn’t have any weather-related travel difficulties.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hurt911official