Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
MOO follows...

Whatever happened in the basement level (GS' bedroom is on that level) of the Stauch house...

RS& BBM

I see you've added "moo" but I'm curious, what is it that leads you to suspect that Gannon's bedroom was in the basement?
I'm fairly certain there's been nothing in MSM to affirm that, so I have to ask how you came to that opinion?
I'm not even sure it matters, I'm just curious.
At some point, I do think the probable cause affidavit will be quite revealing.

jmo

I followed the case very closely since it happened only about an hour and a half from me. Jurors were chosen from my county :confused:. IMO, the reason CA was acquitted was because her attorneys threw so much garbage out that they were capable of creating enough reasonable doubt (for the jurors, at least). Literally nothing they claimed that happened to Caylee had any ounce of evidence behind it... they just came up with enough BS that they were able to cause doubt. And it was all done by finger pointing at her own father. EBM

Absolutely Agree!!!

Even the little I heard from the media during the trial, it was clearly obvious she was guilty...
RSBM
What you heard was the very first trial by social media, echoed by talking heads (lawyers) night after night on TV. And nobody felt good about Casey Anthony (same as T) but you need evidence to convict.
John Cloud of Time magazine echoed these sentiments, saying the jury made the right call: "Anthony got off because the prosecution couldn't answer [the questions]," Cloud stated. "Because the prosecutors had so little physical evidence, they built their case on Anthony's (nearly imperceptible) moral character. The prosecutors seemed to think that if jurors saw what a fantastic liar Anthony was, they would understand that she could also be a murderer."

Off topic....
To all the locals there in Co Springs, I heard a winter storm is headed your way. My granddaughter will be flying there and I’m worried about the weather and roads. Her little sister from her dads second marriage has just died there tonight in a car accident. She was just 15. if any of you pray, please pray for my granddaughter and her dad and stepmom. I know they are all heartbroken. I can’t even imagine. :(:(:(

Off topic....
To all the locals there in Co Springs, I heard a winter storm is headed your way. My granddaughter will be flying there and I’m worried about the weather and roads. Her little sister from her dads second marriage has just died there tonight in a car accident. She was just 15. if any of you pray, please pray for my granddaughter and her dad and stepmom. I know they are all heartbroken. I can’t even imagine. :(:(:(
How awful.....I am to sorry to read this. In my prayers.

Off topic....
I am so sorry. Will be keeping your loved ones in my prayers.

:(:(
Off topic....

I’m so so sorry...:(

I am not ready to believe he is not among the living ! Still hopeful!

But, tragically, the language of Letecia Stauch shows that she no longer believes he's with us. She doesn't seem hopeful and doesn't make an appeal to whoever has him. Or to him. Not even one little "I love you, bud, please come home." "He was the one who walked the dogs."

I too hope she's just messed up in the head and there can be some miracle here.

I have seen Casey Anthony’s name thrown in here and there among posts...please enlighten me. If there was clearly evidence that she murdered her child, why did she go free? I am assuming we do not want that to happen to the person that disappeared Gannon. So why did jurors not vote that Casey Anthony was guilty? I have wondered about this for years, but never followed the trial as it was happening etc.

IMO the Anthony case was a perfect storm. There was no one reason for the acquittal. Some contributing factors were:

1. Corpse was too decomposed to find a specific cause of death. (Manner was homicide but by "undetermined means.")

2. Sequestered jury that over-bonded during taxpayer-provided weekend trips. (Not to mention during the many Dessert Lady breaks)

3. Defense attorney with questionable ethics.

4. Casey's mother was willing to lie to protect her.

5. Charging problems

Why would they have not included all possible lesser charges and all possible options? Even the little I heard from the media during the trial, it was clearly obvious she was guilty...

It sounds like the jury literally felt sorry for her in some sick and twisted way?

Different jurisdictions have different rules about stacked charges.

I have seen Casey Anthony’s name thrown in here and there among posts...please enlighten me. If there was clearly evidence that she murdered her child, why did she go free? I am assuming we do not want that to happen to the person that disappeared Gannon. So why did jurors not vote that Casey Anthony was guilty? I have wondered about this for years, but never followed the trial as it was happening etc.

Gitana, our resident brilliant attorney has a great deal of wisdom on the Casey Anthony jury problems.

I also learned a lot from the book, Imperfect Justice written by the case's prosecutor, Jeff Ashton.

I have been reading without commenting for a while. But because of my psychology background (I’m a graduate student), I really want to ask all of you for your insights on LS’ communication patterns. Particularly, I am interested in the instances where LS chooses to offer seemingly unnecessary or off-topic details that are often not even in her own best interest to divulge.

Sometimes, I think her choice of language just reveals a natural propensity to exaggerate. And calculated attempts to explain things away in attempts to make herself look better.

Like when she claims LE held her and her daughter at gunpoint and threatened to shoot her, she may be stretching the truth to explain away why people may have heard she had a confrontation/her daughter was put in handcuffs. She believes if we think LE was rough with her, we will excuse lack of cooperation.

Or when she claims she didn’t know it was a police officer, she is trying to explain away why she didn’t cooperate fully with LE which she realizes (in hindsight) makes her look bad.

Or when she adds that her daughter is in the Air Force and “has never committed crime or done anything wrong in her life,” she seems to be trying to sway public opinion that this a fine upstanding family who couldn’t be involved in criminal behavior...even tho most would think it makes no sense to drag the daughter into a conversation that wasn’t even about her.

The reason I am so interested in this is that not only does she seem focused on developing explanations to explain the past away, I also suspect she may be trying to lay down a trail of false “facts” that she believes will somehow exonerate her in the future if Gannon is found and suspicion turns to her.

Here are some examples of facts she seems to throw out that I think could be part of some future narrative she is planning...even though I don’t fully understand them yet.

Like when she oddly notes that they went to Burger King. I feel like she believes that they will be able to find her car on camera there Or that she perhaps saved a receipt from there and it will help prove she was “telling the truth” about the rest of the events.

Or when she offers up the candle video believing that this will somehow further prove he was mischievous and capable of running away...even tho most would see it as reflecting poorly on her in actuality.

Or when she offers up G was cut on a tool...that his dad worked with a lot of tools...and she bandages him on the front of the car when no one had asked this. Clearly this could be used to explain away blood found in the garage or car.

The one I don’t fully understand is the gate key. It’s such an insignificant detail but she gives it significance on purpose, claiming G loved being the man of the house and having the only key. In her mind, is this an explanation for how he could’ve left the house through a side route and not been seen on video? Or is the gate key going to have some significance down the road?

I am curious what other unnecessary comments you might have noticed and why you think she is purposefully stringing these comments together.

Welcome! (To the fray...)

I am as puzzled as you are by the mention of the key. I do think she's still casting about to find a way around the video evidence. I think she's sweating bullets at that point.

I think the mention of dogs may pertain to why she went where she went on Monday. "Nothing to see here, just out shopping for our dogs."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pbod153