Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That interview last night was such a shock that it has distracted us from searching, I have no trail in mind at all... no ideas on where to look for him.
I'm annoyed at myself for getting distracted.
It didn't even give a single clue as to his possible location . Asked to describe him she talked about puter games suggesting an 'indoor child'.
Yet earlier we learned he played basketball outside with his friends who lived close to him.
So he wasn't just an indoor child.

Yes CO is an open carry state
Thanks and she was talking about needing protection and just searching with her own people so they could protect each other. How were they proposing to 'protect' each other?
She mentioned 'death threats' but in this day and age, who does not receive several every day on social media?
So, she had a mere 3.5 hrs to plan that scenario.. car gone into certain forensics... why did she make the play? And again, I go down her rabbit-hole...it's unlikely to help find him which is of much higher importance than anything LE or anybody else ever does to her.

I'm not trying to stir things up, seriously. But I often see reference to cameras. For some reason, I think maybe Europeans, and possibly other people who post up on WS, from other areas of the world, may have more cameras in place than in the U.S.

I know we have cameras here in the U.S., this is my home country. There are cameras in metropolitan areas, businesses, fuel stations, convenience stores, etc.

But in rural residential areas, my observation is that cameras are few and far between.

Anyway, if you check out the area this boy was last seen, it appears to be newly developed land, fairly sparse, with few businesses around.

MOO, he's either been abducted, murdered, or succumbed to the elements after running away in to the wide open spaces that surround the area.

Has it been stated anywhere that the interview SM gave that the interview took place in Gannon's neighborhood or could it be where SM is staying? I'm wondering about those high fences. TIA

I bet LE is having a field day over SM’s interview.

They saw her behavior first hand, as she was apparently very uncooperative. I doubt this came as a surprise to them, but they can’t be happy with what she had to say about how they treated her.

It’s never a good idea to “poke the bear.”

They saw her behavior first hand, as she was apparently very uncooperative. I doubt this came as a surprise to them, but they can’t be happy with what she had to say about how they treated her.

It’s never a good idea to “poke the bear.”
Especially when, as per policy, the bear records all interviews with at least audio but in many cases video as well.

Doesn't LE have to have a POI and then apply for a warrant to enter a home with a cadaver dog? If SM is not staying there can Dad let them in to search etc. without a warrant?
Secondly, I hope LE had lapel cameras or dashboard cameras going when they put the 17 yo in handcuffs and had the car towed. I wonder why they had their guns drawn, if she is reporting correctly.
I transcribed her lengthy description of the incident. It was pretty detailed...I think I have a general idea of what happened.

The investigators wanted to interview her and they had a warrant for her vehicles. I am going to assume that they had already called her, and had no luck getting her to agree or to answer them back.

Otherwise they wouldn't have had to go to Marshalls to pick them up. I don't think LE wanted to do it that way.

So I am guessing that at least 2 officers approached them to speak to them, and serve the warrant.

They would not have their guns drawn at this point, imo. In her words:

I didn't know it was a law enforcement officer because when he came out, I guess he was putting his jacket on and it wasn't necessarily his fault, he was adjusting and he happened to catch me, but I saw the gun and I panicked originally and kinda thought oh gosh ,I got...whose this guy and then once I realised it was the sheriffs office I was totally okay but they still had a gun and told me they were gonna shoot me...but I was really concerned about my daughter asking why she was being detained in handcuffs and things like that..

All of the above sounds a bit chaotic--he happened to catch me, but I saw the gun and I panicked...

Did she run? I can't imagine them pulling out guns and threatening to shoot unless she tried to flee at some point. JMO

I wonder if Gannon went out the backdoor across the backyard and out a gate in the back fence. All of those homes have relatively high fenced in backyards. He would not have been picked up on ring cameras out front and the dog that barked could have been barking at him as he passed on the outside of the fence.
True. But even if he went out the back, at some point he'd be on streets and it seems as though everyone checked their neighbourhood cameras. So even the people the next block or 2 behind them would have checked, and seen nothing.

You know the 'Next Door neighbourhood forum where all of the people in a community discuss local issues---they all discuss and look at their cameras. If he was seen on one of them LE would know already.

I'm not trying to stir things up, seriously. But I often see reference to cameras. For some reason, I think maybe Europeans, and possibly other people who post up on WS, from other areas of the world, may have more cameras in place than in the U.S.

I know we have cameras here in the U.S., this is my home country. There are cameras in metropolitan areas, businesses, fuel stations, convenience stores, etc.

But in rural residential areas, my observation is that cameras are few and far between.

Anyway, if you check out the area this boy was last seen, it appears to be newly developed land, fairly sparse, with few businesses around.

MOO, he's either been abducted, murdered, or succumbed to the elements after running away in to the wide open spaces that surround the area.

I think the home security cam thing all depends on where you live. I know with Ring, they don't even offer the Neighborhood app in Canada, it's strictly a US thing, with something like over 400 police stations on board, partnering with them. But again, I think that all depends on where you are in the US.

I transcribed her lengthy description of the incident. It was pretty detailed...I think I have a general idea of what happened.

The investigators wanted to interview her and they had a warrant for her vehicles. I am going to assume that they had already called her, and had no luck getting her to agree or to answer them back.

Otherwise they wouldn't have had to go to Marshalls to pick them up. I don't think LE wanted to do it that way.

So I am guessing that at least 2 officers approached them to speak to them, and serve the warrant.

They would not have their guns drawn at this point, imo. In her words:

I didn't know it was a law enforcement officer because when he came out, I guess he was putting his jacket on and it wasn't necessarily his fault, he was adjusting and he happened to catch me, but I saw the gun and I panicked originally and kinda thought oh gosh ,I got...whose this guy and then once I realised it was the sheriffs office I was totally okay but they still had a gun and told me they were gonna shoot me...but I was really concerned about my daughter asking why she was being detained in handcuffs and things like that..

All of the above sounds a bit chaotic--he happened to catch me, but I saw the gun and I panicked...

Did she run? I can't imagine them pulling out guns and threatening to shoot unless she tried to flee at some point. JMO
This may be nothing... but I have to say that LE are treating some people as if they're a person of interest. Imo.

This may be nothing... but I have to say that LE are treating some people as if they're a person of interest. Imo.
Like a suspect even, if the stepmom’s account is accurate.

There’s likely a good reason for that.

*Edited to change “mom” to “stepmom.”

Last edited:
Has it been stated anywhere that the interview SM gave that the interview took place in Gannon's neighborhood or could it be where SM is staying? I'm wondering about those high fences. TIA
When she talks about not being able to get her clothes, she motions towards the houses on the right and says, "'cause we couldn't come here." So I'm guessing it was at least in the area of the home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Webberry