Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
FBI now involved in ongoing search for missing 11-year-old Colorado Springs boy

FBI now involved in ongoing search for missing 11-year-old Colorado Springs boy
  • Scripps National
  • 2 hours ago
gannon-stauch-missing.jpg

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. — The Federal Bureau of Investigation is now involved in the ongoing search for a missing/endangered 11-year-old Colorado Springs boy who went missing Monday afternoon, and the task force investigating his disappearance is organizing a team of volunteers to start searching for him.

Gannon Stauch was believed to be a runaway after he left his home southeast of Colorado Springs between 3:15 and 4 p.m. on Monday. But as the week progressed, his disappearance was upgraded to a missing/endangered person case.

His stepmother said he left his home on foot to play at a friend’s house down the street on Monday afternoon, according to the sheriff’....
Snipped

I think that those ring doorbelle can be set up to only alert / record when motion is detected in certain areas. I think the basic reason for this feature is so you can make it ignore a street area so that you don't get an alert and recording everytime a car drives by. Hopefully, not everyone on that street enables this feature.

This could explain why GS wasn't recorded on any of them. It just depends how each camera is calibrated. More importantly to me, I hope that at least one camera was able to record whenever a car came and went from Gannon's house.
You're correct, the cams can be calibrated to block out certain areas so as not to alert for "false positives" (cars driving by) . You can also pause motion notices according to your work/home schedule (days/times), and adjust motion frequency to extend battery life as well. There are several different ways you can calibrate it to only detect motion and record exactly the way you want it, instead of recording literally everything (as this saves battery life overall). Now this is just the Ring cam. There are a few others that are popular right now but it definitely might explain why no one's Ring cam picked him up walking in the neighborhood, if folks are calibrating them this way.

Last edited:
It just seems that if he did in fact leave the house on foot, one of the first things to do would be to bring in dogs to see if they can track him. Right?
The problem in this type of situation is that there are probably hundreds of tracks of Gannon going off in all different directions because he lived and played in the area.

Throwing out what I hope is still a possible scenario here....

What if.
...Gannon and a family member argued and Gannon left upset. Stepmom, who may or may not be the suggested family member, is feeling very guilty about him leaving because she knows why he left, and that's why she is not facing the camera, has the me, me, me' attitude, and is felt she is owed a 'sincere apology'?

Is he hiding out at a friend's house unknown by their parents? In a basement or shed?

Reeeeaally tring hard to stay positive here.....

JMO

Step Mom is the last one to see him and now the Jetta is towed for evidence search. Is the Jetta hers or her daughter's?
Am I understanding all this right?

The VW Jetta belongs to the 17 yr old daughter. The way I understood it according to the stepmother in the video, stepmom and daughter were clothes shopping at the store, LE approached and asked the daughter for her car keys assuming they were in daughters purse, stepmom said they weren’t in her purse that she had the car keys in her pants pocket, daughter left the store in handcuffs.

JMHO

Last edited:

What if.
...Gannon and a family member argued and Gannon left upset. Stepmom, who may or may not be the suggested family member, is feeling very guilty about him leaving because she knows why he left, and that's why she is not facing the camera, has the me, me, me' attitude, and is felt she is owed a 'sincere apology'?

Is he hiding out at a friend's house unknown by their parents? In a basement or shed?

JMO

I understand these possibilities but I just cannot get past Gannon's age.

"Authorities said Gannon left to walk to a friend's house in their southeastern Colorado Springs neighborhood of Lorson Ranch near Fountain," the Gazette said.

Gannon has not been seen since.

Hundreds of volunteers have been searching nearby fields and neighborhoods looking for Gannon. The Facebook page, Find Gannon Stauch, was started during the search.
Search underway for 11-year-old boy missing since Monday

Eta: Volunteer information and application.
EPC Sheriff's Office

Last edited:
VIDEO: Stepmom of missing Colorado boy speaks out

I'm just watching this interview for the first time.

This is way, way, beyond my worst imaginings.
I've had to turn it off before finishing it, because I can't stomach another word coming out of her mouth right now.
I have low tolerance for people who lie to my face, much less people who lie standing with their back to me.

Every single word I've listened to so far is utterly damning in my mind…because in not one syllable she utters do I hear a single note of genuine concern for GS.

The point at which I've had to turn it off is at the 5:27 mark:

"Secondly, I'm going to be so ecstatic when I am able to say to people that I hope they have a really sincere apology for all of these theories that have came <sic> out online, for ALL of the things that they say that I have done, or people have done, and I just want everyone to know that we are going to find Gannon, and I love him so much, and I have been taking care of him for so long."

The reporter then asks her to tell him a little bit about GS. She starts to speak about how he loves video games, then went on to say, "He was always so helpful with the dogs, " "He was always the person I could say, Gannon, could you go do this, and he would go do it right away…"

She switches to past tense.

WHY DID SHE SWITCH TO PAST TENSE?

Sadly, I feel like that's a rhetorical question.

Back to listen to the rest of this horrendous interview.

JMO.
Agree completely. The interview made me feel physically ill. IMO, not only were there red flags, there was nothing EXCEPT red flags, from start to finish. :(

What if.

JMO
The problem at this point is time.

It’s now been almost 5 days since he allegedly walked out that door.

That’s a long time to remain undiscovered, even if you were trying to.

VIDEO: Stepmom of missing Colorado boy speaks out

I'm just watching this interview for the first time.

This is way, way, beyond my worst imaginings.
I've had to turn it off before finishing it, because I can't stomach another word coming out of her mouth right now.
I have low tolerance for people who lie to my face, much less people who lie standing with their back to me.

Every single word I've listened to so far is utterly damning in my mind…because in not one syllable she utters do I hear a single note of genuine concern for GS.

The point at which I've had to turn it off is at the 5:27 mark:

"Secondly, I'm going to be so ecstatic when I am able to say to people that I hope they have a really sincere apology for all of these theories that have came <sic> out online, for ALL of the things that they say that I have done, or people have done, and I just want everyone to know that we are going to find Gannon, and I love him so much, and I have been taking care of him for so long."

The reporter then asks her to tell him a little bit about GS. She starts to speak about how he loves video games, then went on to say, "He was always so helpful with the dogs, " "He was always the person I could say, Gannon, could you go do this, and he would go do it right away…"

She switches to past tense.

WHY DID SHE SWITCH TO PAST TENSE?

Sadly, I feel like that's a rhetorical question.

Back to listen to the rest of this horrendous interview.

JMO.
Of many excellent posts by everyone, ITA with your post: my overall impression of this woman is that she is lying.

She is also manipulative such as playing the gun card to a certain audience hoping to garner sympathy and portray herself as a victim. She easily uses her 17 y/o daughter as a prop in a multitude of roles (alibi witness, mutual victimhood, a hero in the AF, a child she is mothering...).

She is lying and claiming helplessness when she says she is "not allowed" to talk - she can talk all she wants and no one can stop her. Her choice to not speak is not for Gannon's sake (an LE request to withhold certain details) but rather for her own sake (on lawyer advice). I specifically believe she is lying about LE's interactions with her. JMO

I did not go back and count (because video won't play for me right now), but I believe that in that one segment where she is recalling past events with Gannon, she uses the past tense verb "was" 6 or 8 times in a row.

Thank you @katydid23 for your transcriptions. Highlighting this:

"...And I would never never ever hurt this child...and I know there are some questions out there about , so OK tell me what happened..."

this child = distancing language. very much like Patsy Ramsey saying "that child" immediately after. OTOH she does refer to him as Gannon many times.

never, never = double negation. This is problematic and such overemphasis may indicate the exact opposite. An honest statement from an innocent person usually lacks such overemphasis: "I would never hurt Gannon" is sufficient to a mind that is telling an absolute truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
539edtje