Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't get past him not being spotted on a single camera near his home.

Not one....

More than half the homes in that area have Ring or other cameras. (When I find the link again I will bring it fwd...so for now I will say JMO)

If he left out a back entrance to avoid cameras, that shows a degree of intelligent planning on his part.

So...then....why not take a jacket and personal items with him?

Why not delete google search history? (An 11 yr old can have the knowledge and ability to do this.) IMO

He is a well-liked child from all sources, but not a single friend of his (publicly) knows or says who's house he was likely going 'down the road' to.

I am very, very worried for this little guy.

Its like he has vanished into thin air.

Did he have help?
Or, was he forced to vanish?

JMO

Yep,even poor Harley was caught(allegedly) on ONE camera and he was only feet away from his house:(

My thoughts on SM’s interaction with police at a department store as told by her on msm:
If what SM said was true, LE probably had a search warrant for the vehicle. LE may have had reason to believe that there was some type of evidence in the vehicle. They probably applied for a search warrant. They had probably been surveilling that vehicle until the warrant was obtained. Once the warrant was issued, they would immediately take possession of that vehicle so that no potential evidence was destroyed. It so happened the vehicle was at the store in possession of the SM at the time the warrant was issued. LE would approach SM and ask for the key to the vehicle. It is unlikely that SM and her daughter would be approached in the middle of the store with guns drawn and her daughter cuffed unless SM left out part of the story. MOO

Oh, No.
No.No.No.No.

VIDEO: Stepmom of missing Colorado boy speaks out

Reporter: Any message for Gannon?

Her: "The message for Gannon is, Gannon, when you get here, you'll be able to truly tell what happened, and then, I REALLLY hope I get a sincere apology from EVERYone who has made <sic> ALLLL those things, expecially <sic> for my husband."

So, let me make sure I got this straight: Your message to your missing 11-year-old stepson is when he gets home, he can hurry up and let everybody know how wrong they were about YOU?

K. Roger that.

Oh, but wait: She then realizes how what she just said sounds, and adds a little "heartfelt" message from "her" family (the fact that she stated the message was from "her" family is duly noted) at the end, where she sounds really, really sad and assures GS (and, of course, all the viewers she's just remembered are going to see this) that "We love you and we miss you."

We've all been worried for this little boy's wellbeing from the moment we learned of his disappearance.
With each subsequent day, that level of concern has only grown.

Watching this interview did nothing, and by nothing here I mean less than zero, to alleviate a single one of those concerns.

My alarm level is off the charts at this point.

"This one goes to 11," as Nigel Tufnel would say.

JMO.

Last edited:
I am still searching for the source that states more than half the homes have cameras on both sides of the street. I wish I had bookmarked it!

This link makes mention of the neighbour across the street having a camera, as well as another neighbour a few doors down.

"Kaitlyn O'Kelly, a neighbor across the street, said she immediately checked her home's security camera to see if Gannon was recorded there. I didn't catch anything on (it), she said.

A friend in the neighborhood a couple of houses down said that she might have caught some kids talking on her camera Monday afternoon, but she wasn't sure if it was him."

Authorities say Gannon Stauch 'missing and endangered' after days gone - KRDO

"But investigators said they had checked home security cameras in the neighborhood and had not identified images of Gannon on any of them."

I continue to wonder how the neighbour's camera across the street didn't spot him leaving.

All JMO
She referred to neighbor down the street that might have heard boys talking or some such thing... that might be huge or it might be nothing.
I'm more interested in what the cameras did actually pick up.

At a stretch, he could have been bright enough to give cameras the slip if he had wanted to escape.
They might not be great cameras. He could have left the house from the back, a car could have picked him up by pre-arrangement.. side window.. all kinds of ways he could have figured an escape plan.
I reckon a lot of the evidence will concern vehicle movements.

I thought her interview sounded rehearsed and written. Her replies sounded full of poor acting, dramatics (I love him soooo much) and too quick on the response time if the questions posed were not agreed on ahead of time. I’m not on one side of the fence or the other as to what happened but I don’t hear a single ounce of sincerity as a human being. It sounds like the actors in a high school play at best.

My thoughts on SM’s interaction with police at a department store as told by her on msm:
If what SM said was true, LE probably had a search warrant for the vehicle. LE may have had reason to believe that there was some type of evidence in the vehicle. They probably applied for a search warrant. They had probably been surveilling that vehicle until the warrant was obtained. Once the warrant was issued, they would immediately take possession of that vehicle so that no potential evidence was destroyed. It so happened the vehicle was at the store in possession of the SM at the time the warrant was issued. LE would approach SM and ask for the key to the vehicle. It is unlikely that SM and her daughter would be approached in the middle of the store with guns drawn and her daughter cuffed unless SM left out part of the story. MOO
Didn't mention whether she was armed at the time, herself? Is that a possibility here?

If they have impounded the white Jetta then cadaver dogs must have searched it.
not necessarily dogs. It's as likely to have been taken for identification, maybe some paint scrapes in the body were identified in a similar location in a similar vehicle....

Between 3:15 and 4 seems like a red herring to me.

Besides the stepsister's statement in which she says she saw Gannon at the house the night prior, when was the last confirmed sighting? School on Friday? 3:15-4 on Monday seems more like that's-the-time-I-was-ready-to-proceed-with-my-story, if any stories are being told.

So my question: did Gannon really go missing on Monday?

JMOJMO
Agreed.
I would like to know when Gannon was last seen outside of family.

She referred to neighbor down the street that might have heard boys talking or some such thing... that might be huge or it might be nothing.
I'm more interested in what the cameras did actually pick up.

At a stretch, he could have been bright enough to give cameras the slip if he had wanted to escape.
They might not be great cameras. He could have left the house from the back, a car could have picked him up by pre-arrangement.. side window.. all kinds of ways he could have figured an escape plan.
I reckon a lot of the evidence will concern vehicle movements.

Just a thought about home cams - and I'm sure they're all slightly different but the Ring doorbell cam we have doesn't pick up motion until the person/cat (so far that's all we've captured) is about half-way up the driveway (roughly 20-25 feet from the door where the peep-hole cam is installed). The only time it's ever picked up anything further, was when the snow-plow/salt truck went down our road with it's flashing lights on. So all that to say, I know that not all cams will capture someone walking along the sidewalk, but in Gannon's case, LE has said that they haven't seen him on any of the cam's videos in the area. So I'm inclined to agree that the evidence is going to concern vehicle(s).

The big question: where is the little guy??

Do you guys have ANPR cameras on main roads/highways which would capture a vehicle on the move?

Speaking hypothetically, if someone close to him has caused him harm it was either planned or unplanned. To me, unplanned seems more likely. So someone would be in panic, disorganised, with a desperate problem to solve. Two options again, I think. Use a vehicle or stay v close to home. We had a dreadful case here (Tia Sharp) whose step grandad had put her in the loft. He was turfed out of the house during the investigation which meant he was unable to take any further steps, nature took its course and the little girl was found. The house had been previously searched by the police. My point is, I wonder what possibilities there are in the house and grounds and whether these have been searched, since the update was released on his status? (Edited - I mean in the police update, "endangered")

If a vehicle was used, that's why I'm asking about the ANPR cameras. I believe people often use sites they maybe knew from years gone by, but this would not apply if someone was relatively new to the area. So I guess it would somewhere they know from their recent activities. It's going to be secluded, with hiding places, somewhere you would not in this case want him to be found.

All JMO, interested to hear your thoughts guys. I have been careful to be hypothetical without implying any one particular person.

In the scenario where the SM is responsible for the disappearance, I agree that cameras could provide very important info. Especially if she left her phone at home while hiding body.

I wonder if her trash was picked up monday morning.

I think their house was already searched, so my best guesses would be either a landfill or somewhere at least a fair distance away from the home.

It just seems that if he did in fact leave the house on foot, one of the first things to do would be to bring in dogs to see if they can track him. Right?
He was reported as a Runaway and he was classified as a runaway initially.
Dogs most likely would not have visited until that category became escalated IMO.
But, the right dogs will always find a trail no matter how long has passed. This search will have access to the best dogs available I imagine and hope.
My fervent hope is that LE don't believe it is likely to be fruitless for reasons undisclosed.

I’m imagining they would be able to gather all the footage from local businesses and other cameras from GoG to their home. I’m curious which BK they went to. There’s one on Platte, I’m thinking is closest. But there are quite a few in the Springs.

In the scenario where the SM is responsible for the disappearance, I agree that cameras could provide very important info. Especially if she left her phone at home while hiding body.

I wonder if her trash was picked up monday morning.

I think their house was already searched, so my best guesses would be either a landfill or somewhere at least a fair distance away from the home.
Vehicle tracking will be the thing, I imagine.

I think that those ring doorbelle can be set up to only alert / record when motion is detected in certain areas. I think the basic reason for this feature is so you can make it ignore a street area so that you don't get an alert and recording everytime a car drives by. Hopefully, not everyone on that street enables this feature.

This could explain why GS wasn't recorded on any of them. It just depends how each camera is calibrated. More importantly to me, I hope that at least one camera was able to record whenever a car came and went from Gannon's house.

I’m imagining they would be able to gather all the footage from local businesses and other cameras from GoG to their home. I’m curious which BK they went to. There’s one on Platte, I’m thinking is closest. But there are quite a few in the Springs.
I wonder if they all have CCTV footage? She was pleased to drop the bK nugget, I noticed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tawana V