Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh my. Crowd funding.

Bring Gannon Stauch Home

:(:(:(
That didn't take long.
A missing child who may or may not be deceased should not qualify as a lotto ticket; imo.
Very sad.
One would like to think the monies collected will be given to the volunteer searchers for their help-- but it never happens.
Haleigh Cummings parents were given money for the search and they spent it all on drugs and alcohol.

Saturday morning dozens of families showed up at the entrance of the subdivision, using chalk for kids to express their emotions during this tough time. The event served as a way for kids to have some sort of outlet, as many of them go to the same school as Stauch.
upload_2020-2-1_14-59-6.jpeg
"The kids are going through this just as much as the adults are going through this," said Sul Power, an organizer of Saturday's event.

FBI now involved in ongoing search for missing 11-year-old Colorado Springs boy

FBI now involved in ongoing search for missing 11-year-old Colorado Springs boy
  • Scripps National
  • 2 hours ago
gannon-stauch-missing.jpg

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. — The Federal Bureau of Investigation is now involved in the ongoing search for a missing/endangered 11-year-old Colorado Springs boy who went missing Monday afternoon, and the task force investigating his disappearance is organizing a team of volunteers to start searching for him.

Gannon Stauch was believed to be a runaway after he left his home southeast of Colorado Springs between 3:15 and 4 p.m. on Monday. But as the week progressed, his disappearance was upgraded to a missing/endangered person case.

His stepmother said he left his home on foot to play at a friend’s house down the street on Monday afternoon, according to the sheriff’....
Snipped
So much strikes me as "off" with the narrative SM is trying to feed everyone. Gannon is reported as a runaway by SM after he fails to return home, yet "he left his home on foot to play at a friend's house down the street" between 3:15 - 4:00 pm. When did it occur to her that he had possibly runaway and WHY? What happened just prior to him leaving that would let that thought come into her mind? Abuse comes in many forms and they aren't all black, blue, red and yellow. It's the bruising on the inside that hurts and nobody sees. Children carry these hurts in their hearts and soul. Battered psyche from daily emotional beatings. She said she could never hurt a child (or something like that). Perhaps not physically but by how she spoke in that interview, I don't need much of any imagination to know how he felt under her care. It seems all too convenient that dad was away, Gannon missed school because he was "sick" and yes, that questionable doctor's appointment. It was stated in the article by Heavy.com. Question: Was there really an appointment? And if yes, with whom? That should be pretty easy to follow up on provided SM is talking, right? She's talking alright but refusing to "fill in the blanks" I imagine. I highly doubt there was any appointment.

I haven't totally ruled out that he ran away and became victim to the elements or even abduction, although I think the latter unlikely. I continue to hope he is found alive somewhere, unharmed, which is even less likely after this much time.

One thing I feel deeply, is that SM was not a loving SM. She harbours too much resentment and I believe Gannon was the daily recipient of that resentment. All JMO.

I can't get past him not being spotted on a single camera near his home.

Not one....

More than half the homes in that area have Ring or other cameras. (When I find the link again I will bring it fwd...so for now I will say JMO)

If he left out a back entrance to avoid cameras, that shows a degree of intelligent planning on his part.

I would caution folks to keep in mind, though I've not seen the neighborhood (is it surburban? Gridded? Rural? Non-rural?), somebody's backyard is often somebody else's front yard. Avoiding ALL Ring cameras takes a sophistication I don't think an 11-year-old possesses. Is it possible it happened naturally? Maybe. Is it likely that he missed all cameras even if trying to do so? I say no.

I’m a bit perplexed by the lack of Gannon content on her SM pages.

Don't get wedded to this as a harbinger. Stepmother in Thomas Valva case had SM family pictures on her Facebook. Granted, it was she and her bio-kids first; but she did have blended pictures, and she did post them.

She's also accused of helping to cause his death by severe neglect.

Made the missing report and went shopping?
Or went shopping after she had to stay out of the house?
She hasn't been cooperative at any stage...they had to corral her to get anywhere?

I'm not sure if this is an approved site? @vOx
delete if applicable.
We’ve confirmed she and her daughter did stop at Marshall’s at Woodmen and Academy and detectives took possession of the white Volkswagen Jetta they were driving on Thursday, January 30th at about 1:45 pm (3 and a half hours before the news conference). The car was then towed to evidence impound. The sheriffs department didn’t mention that at all but the step-mom did talk about it in the interview.
Source Colorado Springs Crime Watch

My thoughts on SM’s interaction with police at a department store as told by her on msm:
If what SM said was true, LE probably had a search warrant for the vehicle. LE may have had reason to believe that there was some type of evidence in the vehicle. They probably applied for a search warrant. They had probably been surveilling that vehicle until the warrant was obtained. Once the warrant was issued, they would immediately take possession of that vehicle so that no potential evidence was destroyed. It so happened the vehicle was at the store in possession of the SM at the time the warrant was issued. LE would approach SM and ask for the key to the vehicle. It is unlikely that SM and her daughter would be approached in the middle of the store with guns drawn and her daughter cuffed unless SM left out part of the story. MOO

Yes, thank you (she says fervently).

I devoutly HOPE that SM wasn't reaching for her gun in the middle of a Marshall's, regardless of whatever the laws are on handgun carry in the state.

Also, how many people are willy-nilly handcuffed in stores? I live in NYC, and I've seen a lot of "sidewalk debates" between transit and street cops and witnesses/possible perps (bus farebeaters, turnstile jumpers, etc.), including over a decade living in a middling-safe area of the Bronx.

The amount of times I've seen a takedown or handcuffs appear as part of this interaction? Maybe once; and these are often otherwise unknown quantity individuals who have been acting suspiciously in public. I also assume sometimes that they are off of mug shots.

Maybe SM was hollering out loud in the aisles of Marshall's that she was going for her gun. That could certainly explain it.

I think if guns were pulled and cuffs were used that SM and/or her daughter were resisting whatever it was they were being asked to do. All of that would be on the store camera footage I'm sure. In situations like this, people tend to only tell one side of the story.

ETA: You'd think other shoppers would have blabbed it to the media by now if it happened.

<snip> Now this is just the Ring cam. There are a few others that are popular right now but it definitely might explain why no one's Ring cam picked him up walking in the neighborhood, if folks are calibrating them this way.

The thing that makes me think at least the one neighbor does NOT have hers set this way is that if she knew it was calibrated to not show people or motion or even show alerts at all during certain windows, the why would she even have bothered looking?

To me it seems like she checked because she WAS expecting to have possibly caught him...thus meaning she probably knows her camera would usually catch people.

Because again, otherwise if hers isn't set that way, it wouldn't have been worth checking in the first place to see if it did capture him.

JMO

I think if guns were pulled and cuffs were used that SM and/or her daughter were resisting whatever it was they were being asked to do. All of that would be on the store camera footage I'm sure. In situations like this, people tend to only tell one side of the story.

ETA: You'd think other shoppers would have blabbed it to the media by now if it happened.

Agreed. I was primarily trying to stress it because she does wander around a lot in her conversation, and does talk about "the house"; and I kinda wanted to make sure that I was clear in my thinking that the actions described had to have happened in Marshall's, and not elsewhere.

Also, I'm side eyeing the "17 year old in the Air Force" really hard, even if aged 17 is the technical bio-deadline. I do think that this might involve the same background check scrutiny given to cadets entering West Point, and I do agree it's possible that the 17-year-old has been accepted into the Air Force; but what about basic training, etc.? We don't know what is in the stepmother's lexicon backing this up. IS she indeed speaking to the high level of probity someone would have to display when being accepted to a service academy? If so, great and logical. If she's throwing around "daughter in the Air Force" as humble-bragging about what a great solid individual she's raised and thus she must also be a solid background-check-passing individual; that's kind of icky and "using" the daughter, IMO, MOO.

Agreed. I was primarily trying to stress it because she does wander around a lot in her conversation, and does talk about "the house"; and I kinda wanted to make sure that I was clear in my thinking that the actions described had to have happened in Marshall's, and not elsewhere.

Also, I'm side eyeing the "17 year old in the Air Force" really hard, even if aged 17 is the technical bio-deadline. I do think that this might involve the same background check scrutiny given to cadets entering West Point, and I do agree it's possible that the 17-year-old has been accepted into the Air Force; but what about basic training, etc.? We don't know what is in the stepmother's lexicon backing this up. IS she indeed speaking to the high level of probity someone would have to display when being accepted to a service academy? If so, great and logical. If she's throwing around "daughter in the Air Force" as humble-bragging about what a great solid individual she's raised and thus she must also be a solid background-check-passing individual; that's kind of icky and "using" the daughter, IMO, MOO.
Good post.

first bolded : Originally I thought the interaction took place at the home.
So they (TS and daughter) put up enough of a fuss in public that restraints had to be used ?
Or is this a fantasy that happened in TS' mind ?
Again-- is there something in that car, that TS doesn't want anyone to know ?

second bolded : Somewhat like when the daughter asked TS, "...what do you want me to say ?" in the interview.
Answers my question if one or both daughters have been coached.

Is there a post that explains what the heck stepmom was talking about regarding police/guns drawn/buying underwear in a store/handcuffs 17 year old? And how is that related to Gannon missing? I’m confused.

JMO - Stepmom has Southern accent.
Eastern NC (Lumbee)
I'm confused as well. That's why I posted it. I was transcribing the interview and it's one of the FIRST things she talked about in her interview. She could have spoken about anything she wanted, but she was focused upon her story of the police 'saying they were going to shoot her' --as she puts it.

So how does it relate to Gannon's disappearance? I'd like to know that as well. I think it goes to her temperament, her percepti0ns, her mindset. And the way she communicates. It was very hard to transcribe because she speaks fast and is kind of all over the place. Throws little twists and turns in when she speaks.

This is an incident she was very passionate about and she went into great detail in a very emotional way when explaining it in depth. I thought it was interesting and so I transcribed it.

According to her, the cops told her they were going to shoot her. I was curious about how it got to that place.

Last edited:

more like an appeal to a #patriot 'type audience in a language they would understand.
Intention is to cause chaos, cops insulted service academy , headlines sought type expose thingy , a diversion, in other words.
This happened 3.5 hrs after her vehicle was seized in crime network report is accurate.
I reckon she had started to get scared and needed to choose a victim path and fast.

I'm confused as well. That's why I posted it. I was transcribing the interview and it's one of the FIRST things she talked about in her interview. She could have spoken about anything she wanted, but she was focused upon her story of the police 'saying they were going to shoot her' --as she puts it.

So how does it relate to Gannon's disappearance? I'd like to know that as well. I think it goes to her temperament, her percepti0ns, her mindset. And the way she communicates. It was very hard to transcribe because she speaks fast and is kind of all over the place. Throws little twists and turns in when she speaks.

This is an incident she was very passionate about and she went into great detail in a very emotional way when explaining it in depth. I thought it was interesting and so I transcribed it.

According to her, the cops told her they were going to shoot her. I was curious about how it got to that place.
Must have considered the situation to require such measures, I imagine. Is that an open carry state? Gun laws confuse me from state to state and I always have to treble check!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Webster23