Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't imagine them pulling out guns and threatening to shoot unless she tried to flee at some point. JMO
RSBM

Yeah I agree. I don't think any LEO is going to pull out his weapon in a populated store for no reason. All that can do is cause panic among the bystanders and create more problems. If they actually pulled their guns, it had to have been for a d*mn good reason, IMO

Also, she kinda seems to me of those types of people that will take something small and blow it into some huge event for attention. I obviously do not know her, but just the way she was talking in the interview it seems she's pretty experienced at twisting narratives to make herself the victim.
MOO

Police stated they had exhausted all leads,night before last.
I wonder how they would phrase that sentence now?
They are organising a mega search. I really do not believe they would expend all those resources if they had the faintest idea of what really happened to him. They would not do it just because of overwhelming public pressure.
Dogs would certainly have been 'in' by now. 'In' being wherever the trail has led to date. If anywhere?

I've been following this since the beginning but first time commenting on this one. Firstly, I hope that this sweet and handsome boy makes it home safely.

I don't like that LE listed him as a runaway (based just on a cell phone search to my understanding) and let that status remain for several days before declaring him "missing/endangered." Lots of valuable time was missed, when more people could have been looking for him and more concerned for him. but I know they have reasons for why they do things.

Mom's interview was absolutely gut-wrenching and I feel for both parents, but her especially for some reason.

The go-fund-me was set up by BM's family to help with expenses for searches and for BM with expenses while she is in CO. Any additional $ raised is stated to be used for services GS may need when he comes home. $2000 was the goal, but folks donated $5000 already. I don't see any issues with someone in SC (who likely feels helpless so far away otherwise) fundraising a $2000 goal, to help out a mom who is her family member who is beside herself right now and likely in need of any help she can get.

As for SM, I want to give her benefit of the doubt, but I just don't know. I watched her interview and it certainly didnt help her at all and made things worse for her, I think. She said some mean stuff and spoke in the past tense alot, often. If it is true that she was not involved and her daughter was still handcuffed, guns drawn on them and she was told they were going to shoot her, then I could *completely* understand her rage and why she seemed to focus on herself during an impromptu interview, only hours after a scary experience. It's gotta be so tough on her that not only the boy is missing, but she can't go to what was her home, she has to go out to buy basic items like new underwear, and she has a daughters to take care of, while also having to deal with the media, insane internet speculation, and her marriage. Unless LE soon announces her as a legit person of interest, they should publicly respond her claims, so that both sides are heard (I know they owe us nothing, but hearing their side in a quick comment even would put a stop to the social media rumors that they are concerned about)

As for her daughter asking what to say, she was in a car and not paying attention to the interview, away from it, when she was suddenly thrust into the spotlight. I think any kid in her shoes is going to ask their mom "what should I say?" So, I'm not reading too into that, either. I don't think we can just assume she is coaching her daughter on what to say, based on that.

If people pay attention to the two FB groups, there is alot more info there that will answer much of the speculation I've been seeing on here, regarding the BK trip, the drs appt/call, and the (2) hike/s on Sunday. SM's mom even answered a bunch of questions on one thread and suggested a few scenarios about things that actually happened on monday that she thought might have been cause for concern. Very interesting stuff that leaves me super conflicted, but I can't discuss those things here, since they are not coming from a mainstream media source. Worth checking out, though.

Let me be clear ... I'm not defending SM at all. Originally, it seemed obvious to me what sadly happened here, but I'm trying not to rush to judgement on anyone and to put my myself in her shoes, because as of now, she is presumed innocent and just maybe she is being treated unfairly.

Maybe not. None of us know.

It's amazing to see the CO springs community coming together so much to help find this boy, with all of the blue lights and ribbons.

I definitely don't think GS ran away. I'm confident that we will have answers from LE sooner than later.

Last edited:
I just watched the video of the step mom for the first time. I really tried to be open minded. I have to say, I believe her for now. If there is more evidence my mind can be easily changed. I found her self centered and a bit immature ...but I know plenty of those types. And when a self centered immature person is put in this circumstance, they may come off the same way.

My theory, MOO.....There was an argument and he took off. Impulsively, like an 11 year old might. He met with foul play via a stranger.

This theory is weak and is dependent on coincidence. What are the odds of him running off AND a bad person just happens to be there? Pretty slim. I get it.

I am just not ready to make a judgement on the step mom. For me, it does not feel right.

MOO..and I welcome thoughts on this post.

I watched SM’s interview. Just now. I‘ve waited until now to view this self promoting defensive hateful hurtful revengeful interview for two reasons.

1. I’ve read every single article and document I could get my little hands on since minute one of reading of his alert. Googling, reading, posting, reading comments, reviewing, collaborating, listening, pondering, researching, connecting moving elements, reading, reviewing again, pondering, reading comments, digging, collaborating, evaluating, digging deeper, etc. Rinse. Repeat. ***The image of her in my mind was already preconceived. I didn’t need to listen to her go on and on. Especially about herself. Why should I? I don’t need the aggravation. I’m already upset, fearful and concerned about Gannon. His whereabouts, his safety, his state of mind and his medical condition.
    ***Analysis of the written word, official documents, linguistic patterns, mysterious circumstances, suspicious behavior and LE actions left me with a preliminary viewpoint. My hypothesis was based on my care for this child, logic and past behavior of subject.
    Or so I thought. This preconceived viewpoint skewed my objectivity. Result: Preliminary findings contaminated via bias. ***After viewing her mannerisms and body language. Listening to her voice and tonality - the ebb and flow of intensity - impulsivity of her language. ~ I’m surprised. This is not who I expected to see or hear. She is an immature young adult at best. She has presented herself to the media and public opinion as the evil stepmother. All by herself. She seems to have little self awareness, undeveloped insight, and low empathy levels. SM displays teen age brat behavioral actions of not getting her way. Right away. Stomping her feet. Running into her room. Slamming the door. Revolting against authority and playing the victim. Sound familiar? I still believe SM is complicit in Gannon’s disappearance. Some event and interaction between SM and Gannon occurred. Something she’s holding back. A secret. She is owning and showing her guilt. ***She is on display for all the world to see and judge and she doesn’t like it. One bit. Now she’s gonna sulk in her room. Turn up her record player. Shut out the world and scream “I hate everybody!” Oh yes, SM is guilty alright. Guilty of something. Making Gannon intentionally disappear? idk yet. Stay tuned.

2. ima.grandma. ~ Grandchildren are much more important. We played out in the 78 degree weather today with all our furry critters. Blue skies. Not a single cloud. Flew frisbees and played dodgeball. Ouch! We sat in the warm sunshine & laughed a lot. ❤️

Don't think she got the response (sympathy) she expected from the interview as shortly after there was a long post on a FB group. This was posted from the GM account. It basically tries to explain why she used past tense words and is unemotional but fails badly to give any actual reasoning to either. Just moves on to how much she loves him etc. Hope this is allowed as obviously not allowed to link. If it's not, apologies and please remove.

No, he was asked about that and explained he meant that they were interested in speaking with anyone that knew anything that might help them There was no POI declared or named.
Yes, you're right.^^^

And I know that there was no person named at this time; I meant that LE are responding with elevated interest in not only TS's vehicle(s) but also in their responses during the presser.
Sorry if I needed to word that with better clarity.

A thought just occurred r/t the timing of events.

LE gives their press conference on Thursday afternoon.
In it, they conspicuously dodge questions r/t the stepmom's cooperation or lack thereof.

Stepmom does her Cousin Itt interview w/ the reporter on Friday.
She had made zero public statements prior to that appealing for the public's help to find GS.

I don't think the timing is coincidental.
I don't think the two events are unconnected.

We know that the FBI has stepped in to assist the local LEA.
I'm thinking that some really sharp FBI agent suggested to EPCSO that they hold that presser, for a number of reasons.

I suspect one of the primary aims of holding that pc was to rattle someone's cage.

If so, guess what?

It worked.

If they were looking for a reaction to their non-response responses about the SM in that pc, they definitely got it.

LE shook the tree.

They got a windfall.

JMO.

Last edited:
I’m confident that people whose rights/civil liberties have been truly violated by police (and have been told they’re going to be shot for no discernible reason) have a lawyer in short order, and that’s who stands in front of the camera - if there’s even any public remarks at all.

Yes, you're right.^^^

And I know that there was no person named at this time; I meant that LE are responding with elevated interest in not only TS's vehicle(s) but also in their responses during the presser.
Sorry if I needed to word that with better clarity.
I knew what you meant and I should have said that too.. I'd seen a couple of posts and was fearing the presser info was getting diluted.

Search conducted Saturday for missing 11-year-old Gannon Stauch

Five days into the search for 11-year-old Gannon Stauch, the El Paso County Sheriff's Office said Saturday that the agency conducted an extensive search through the boy's neighborhood.

However, Jacqueline Kirby, spokeswoman for the agency, would not say if searchers found anything that would help locate Gannon.

More than 160 volunteers from supporting military agencies joined the Sheriff's Office to comb through Lorson Ranch, a neighborhood southeast of Colorado Springs where Gannon was last seen.

Search conducted Saturday for missing 11-year-old Gannon Stauch

When she talks about not being able to get her clothes, she motions towards the houses on the right and says, "'cause we couldn't come here." So I'm guessing it was at least in the area of the home.
Now that I hear that^^^ part again, where she says ' we couldn't come here' or we'd be harassed.....o_O.....So her daughter cannot even go there to get clean underwear"?

I wonder if that's true or if SM is just saying so or assuming so. I cannot see the Dad saying the 17 yr old was not allowed to pick up clean clothes from her room.

Between 3:15 and 4 seems like a red herring to me.

Besides the stepsister's statement in which she says she saw Gannon at the house the night prior, when was the last confirmed sighting? School on Friday? 3:15-4 on Monday seems more like that's-the-time-I-was-ready-to-proceed-with-my-story, if any stories are being told.

So my question: did Gannon really go missing on Monday?

JMOJMO
Who knows? imo: No.
Their star witness: SM. LE forced her hand. Now, they're in a good old fashioned arm wrestling match. She’s biting, fighting, scratching and clawing. She ain’t giving in. Uh uh. No way. Thus, we have her impromptu cheerleading routine for the underdog in the game of her life. Screaming injustice. Civil Rights. Charges are coming and she’s gonna have some hungry thirsty Pro bono with either dreams of fame or justice. imo

Even IF SM knows she didn’t harm GS, why isn’t she freaking out by a few hours into the disappearance wondering if he got abducted, is injured, etc? How did she leap to assuming he’s fine and will mosey on home and explain and thereby get her an apology? Even if she’s innocent, she’s not showing any type of what I would consider maternal concern. Even teenage babysitters can show that!

Now that I hear that^^^ part again, where she says ' we couldn't come here' or we'd be harassed.....o_O.....So her daughter cannot even go there to get clean underwear"?

I wonder if that's true or if SM is just saying so or assuming so. I cannot see the Dad saying the 17 yr old was not allowed to pick up clean clothes from her room.

When the BM got to CO, BD made SM leave the house, so it's very likely that if the daughter didn't take enough underwear with her, he's not having them come to the house for something so trivial right now, with BM there and with all of this going on.

I saw somewhere that he ended their relationship, but I will have to try to find the source of that. For now, it's MOO, but if true, makes alot of sense.

When the BM got to CO, BD made SM leave the house, so it's very likely that if the daughter didn't take enough underwear with her, he's not having them come to the house for something so trivial right now, with BM there and with all of this going on.
I understand it must be impossibly painful for the dad right now, but to not even allow his own step-kid in to get some clothes is just as petty as SM seems to be. I mean, the kid needs her clothes, for crying out loud. I just don't know if I believe this is true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abk018