Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't LE have to have a POI and then apply for a warrant to enter a home with a cadaver dog? If SM is not staying there can Dad let them in to search etc. without a warrant?
Secondly, I hope LE had lapel cameras or dashboard cameras going when they put the 17 yo in handcuffs and had the car towed. I wonder why they had their guns drawn, if she is reporting correctly.

Also, she said they told her they were going to shoot her.

Agree they most likely were not police dogs. I took a read myself on this, dogs didn't like her and they made her uncomfortable, she had a physical response to their barking.
My husband has a very visceral reaction to barking dogs. (Somewhat over the top IMO.) so some people just don’t like incessantly barking dogs. The dog could’ve been barking because there were strangers on the street. I have a dog that barks when like an idiot when I can’t even see anyone on the street.

Between 3:15 and 4 seems like a red herring to me.

Besides the stepsister's statement in which she says she saw Gannon at the house the night prior, when was the last confirmed sighting? School on Friday? 3:15-4 on Monday seems more like that's-the-time-I-was-ready-to-proceed-with-my-story, if any stories are being told.

So my question: did Gannon really go missing on Monday?

JMOJMO

Last edited:
My assessment of what we're seeing in this video is quite different.

I think she came across as incredibly immature and self-centered because she IS incredibly immature and self-centered.

I think she came across as being extremely narcissistic because she IS narcissistic.

Having said that, the real issue to me is this:

Is this woman so clouded by her animosity toward GS's bio mom that she transferred those feelings of animosity over to GS?

One of the things I noted in a prior post that watching his bio mom during the pc, was what a strong resemblance GS bore to his mom.

There's a specific reason I noted that: it concerned me.
It concerned me for exactly the above reason.

Physical resemblance might be another trigger for transference.

JMO.
Absolutely with you on this analysis.

My husband has a very visceral reaction to barking dogs. (Somewhat over the top IMO.) so some people just don’t like incessantly barking dogs. The dog could’ve been barking because there were strangers on the street. I have a dog that barks when like an idiot when I can’t even see anyone on the street.
I only noticed it because I was so annoyed and gobsmacked by what I was watching that I almost fainted! I felt an unfair pleasure when the dogs barked and a satisfaction that she didn't like it... Sad, or what!

Apparently the police tracked down the step mom and her oldest daughter for questioning while they were shopping. We only have the stepmom's side of the story, but in the very least, I would say that a scene was made....
I want to add-- that a friend of mine, when her son went missing, we searched out every law enforcement to help, we beat on every door to every TV station to air the situation, we pleaded with online crime sleuths to take the case. We did EVERYTHING to get all the help we could.

If we would have saw police officers approaching us, there would have been that glimmer of hope they had something good to tell us. We would have never panicked or been disruptive.... let alone argue with them.

The flip side is we were trying to track down law enforcement so we could get an update.

Her interview tells me she was disruptive, argumentative, and had a refusal to cooperate....

MOO

Last edited:
I can't get past him not being spotted on a single camera near his home.

Not one....

More than half the homes in that area have Ring or other cameras. (When I find the link again I will bring it fwd...so for now I will say JMO)

RSBM

I would definitely be interested in that link if you can find it. I also find it rather unbelievable that he wasn't seen on any cameras, if he in fact walked to a friend's house.
I also find it unbelievable that the police told SM they were going to shoot her (seriously?), or that they drew their guns when they took possession of the car. Neither of those ring true to me at all.

jmo

I wonder if Gannon went out the backdoor across the backyard and out a gate in the back fence. All of those homes have relatively high fenced in backyards. He would not have been picked up on ring cameras out front and the dog that barked could have been barking at him as he passed on the outside of the fence.

I'm not sure if this is an approved site? @vOx
delete if applicable.
We’ve confirmed she and her daughter did stop at Marshall’s at Woodmen and Academy and detectives took possession of the white Volkswagen Jetta they were driving on Thursday, January 30th at about 1:45 pm (3 and a half hours before the news conference). The car was then towed to evidence impound. The sheriffs department didn’t mention that at all but the step-mom did talk about it in the interview.
Source Colorado Springs Crime Watch
Step Mom is the last one to see him and now the Jetta is towed for evidence search. Is the Jetta hers or her daughter's?
Am I understanding all this right?

Last edited:
Sheriff's office has received 72 tips as of last night.

EPCSheriff
@EPCSheriff

·
17h

UPDATE on Search Efforts for Gannon Stauch: https://bit.ly/36NVjj6 We have received 72 tips to date, we follow-up / vet each lead coming in. If you have any information to Gannon's case, please call 719-520-6666 or email shrtips@elpasoco.com. #FindGannon
What's really interesting to me, there were so many tips that came in with Kelsey Bereth and none of us knew about it. When the trial happened we were blown away at how many came forward with information and then they testified at trial. Never underestimate the tips are coming in.

VIDEO: Stepmom of missing Colorado boy speaks out

I'm just watching this interview for the first time.

This is way, way, beyond my worst imaginings.
I've had to turn it off before finishing it, because I can't stomach another word coming out of her mouth right now.
I have low tolerance for people who lie to my face, much less people who lie standing with their back to me.

Every single word I've listened to so far is utterly damning in my mind…because in not one syllable she utters do I hear a single note of genuine concern for GS.

The point at which I've had to turn it off is at the 5:27 mark:

"Secondly, I'm going to be so ecstatic when I am able to say to people that I hope they have a really sincere apology for all of these theories that have came <sic> out online, for ALL of the things that they say that I have done, or people have done, and I just want everyone to know that we are going to find Gannon, and I love him so much, and I have been taking care of him for so long."

The reporter then asks her to tell him a little bit about GS. She starts to speak about how he loves video games, then went on to say, "He was always so helpful with the dogs, " "He was always the person I could say, Gannon, could you go do this, and he would go do it right away…"

She switches to past tense.

WHY DID SHE SWITCH TO PAST TENSE?

Sadly, I feel like that's a rhetorical question.

Back to listen to the rest of this horrendous interview.

JMO.
Excellent post!

RSBM

I would definitely be interested in that link if you can find it. I also find it rather unbelievable that he wasn't seen on any cameras, if he in fact walked to a friend's house.
I also find it unbelievable that the police told SM they were going to shoot her (seriously?), or that they drew their guns when they took possession of the car. Neither of those ring true to me at all.

jmo
I am still searching for the source that states more than half the homes have cameras on both sides of the street. I wish I had bookmarked it!

This link makes mention of the neighbour across the street having a camera, as well as another neighbour a few doors down.

"Kaitlyn O'Kelly, a neighbor across the street, said she immediately checked her home's security camera to see if Gannon was recorded there. I didn't catch anything on (it), she said.

A friend in the neighborhood a couple of houses down said that she might have caught some kids talking on her camera Monday afternoon, but she wasn't sure if it was him."

Authorities say Gannon Stauch 'missing and endangered' after days gone - KRDO

"But investigators said they had checked home security cameras in the neighborhood and had not identified images of Gannon on any of them."

I continue to wonder how the neighbour's camera across the street didn't spot him leaving.

All JMO

I wonder if Gannon went out the backdoor across the backyard and out a gate in the back fence. All of those homes have relatively high fenced in backyards. He would not have been picked up on ring cameras out front and the dog that barked could have been barking at him as he passed on the outside of the fence.
If he wasn't caught on the camera across the street, then this is certainly one of the only other options.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member