Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The apple watch..

Wifi data will be logged to some extent. And apple and google etc knowing approximate locations of wifi networks is a thing. Whether an apple watch retains logs on available wifi networks, no idea. It's not unfeasible.

There is also altitude, steps and accelerometer data. I wouldn't underestimate the usefulness of that when building up a location and activity timeline.

What would someone do to stage a runaway? Just thinking... pack a bag and leave it to be found fairly easily to stage “an abduction?” Scatter a few random items in other places to further the appearance of such? All in a completely different direction than where they may have actually placed or disposed of or hidden, etc. a body? That would certainly complicate things!
Wow, I can't help but wonder if she strapped the backpack on Gannon before she disposed of him.

Okay, so TS forgot her phone, the Apple watch doesn't ping towers. Does the watch or truck have GPS? If not, then the searches are based on tips and that is not promising. I don't understand GPS technology. Any one of these things would be powerful evidence.

DARN! :mad:
I don’t know but I assume since her car was leased, it would have GPS on it as a standard practice - good reason not to use it IMO.

No there's no camera but it's interesting that it does monitor you activity sort of like a Fitbit. I wonder if they had access to that watch and noticed physical exertion during the timeframe of 10 - 2??

Someone else said you can take a photo with an Apple watch. Maybe it can be done with newer models or something.

Gannon we all love you and want you to come home! We are so very sorry for your pain and hurt and heartbreak but we are here for you and we we will bring you peace and comfort! You must know that you are loved and we are all hugging you and telling you we love you!

Like what? Can you explain, please?

At the same time this search was cancelled, that Crime Online interview was released.

That means that they must have spoken several hours ago (atleast). It’s possible, if not highly likely, that law enforcement is aware of what she told them.

There are some major problems with what she said, and I can’t imagine they wouldn’t want to talk to her again.

Don’t forget too, crime scene units were back at the house yesterday.

So I think this search was planned before yesterday (it takes time to organize these things), and they have come upon new information in the past 24 hours.

She may be backed into a corner and cooperating (highly optimistic of me), or they have learned something that has shifted their focus of where to search.

TS believes in coincidences, but I don’t.

She said, in her effort to convince the public that he was still with her when she returned home, that she took a selfie in the truck with Gannon that day, because that's something they do when AS is away. And that the time stamp on the selfie would prove it. Keep in mind, she never actually said "we took a selfie that afternoon" but that is what she was responding to, that accusation that she came home alone. That was the message she wanted the public to believe.

The part of the video the public has seen, shows her getting in the truck, then exiting quickly and walking back toward the garage door, then she comes back.

I agree completely, she's beginning to forget which lies she's told, and they're starting to have mid-air collisions.

love this!

That would be a sign of complete desperation, so I don’t think that’s it.

The weather looks perfect, and they were all ready to move.

I wonder if they’ve learned something in the past few hours.
Did Crimeonline ask Sheriff dept for comment?
What was time difference between latest Sheriff cancel tweet and release of Crimeonline article?
Is there a connection?

I don't care what happens to her.
Just #FindGannon.

Upthread someone asked about the whole issue of why this wasn't called a criminal investigation. I happened to be over on the Roman Lopez thread ( 11 year old boy who disappeared from home and was found dead). No charges have been laid and LE is saying it isn't a criminal investigation.

I posted as below:

Tealgrove said:
Very bizarre statement however, the Gannon Stauch "investigation" isn't criminal either and there are no POI's except that searches take place daily and the Crime Lab has been at the house several times.

Seems like a common theme among LE statements these days.

MOO

A VERIFIED ATTORNEY answered as below:

It may just be legalese. If you have a criminal investigation with suspects being "detained" for interrogation by LE as potential defendants, those people are entitled to a lawyer and must be read their rights. If you are merely investigating a missing person or a suspicious death with no criminal investigation and no suspects, you are not detaining people for interrogation - you're merely interviewing witnesses and they do not have rights or need lawyers.

A good defense lawyer would tear this apart based on what was factually happening- it doesn't matter what you call it if you are in practice interrogating a suspect, attempting to get them to incriminate themselves in a crime.

However, it may be standard practice in certain LE departments (and it looks like it is growing) to avoid triggering these protections for as long as possible.

Perhaps this will answer a few questions.
I'm really glad you decided to post this here. I think when following a case as frustrating as this one, it's really helpful to have a working understanding of why a case might not be immediately classified in the way we think it should.
Similar to Amber Alerts. Also a frustrating thing because different jurisdictions have different criteria for issuing one, so it's very helpful to understand why one wasn't issued when it seems like it should have been.

jmo

Last edited:
Did Crimeonline ask Sheriff dept for comment?
What was time difference between latest Sheriff cancel tweet and release of Crimeonline article?
Is there a connection?

I don't care what happens to her.
Just #FindGannon.
I think there may be a connection. I can’t find a time stamp on the article, but did notice this correction that everyone will want to take note of:

EDITOR’S NOTE*: The story has been corrected to reflect that Gannon’s stepmother said he did not walk out of a basement door on January 27. He walked down to the basement area after he arrived home in the afternoon, but did not exit through a basement door.

ETA: Google says they article was released 2 hours ago. The statement from the sheriff occurred 40 minutes ago.

Seriously, hearing her talk about Gannon and describe his condition makes me IRRATE!!!!!!!!! So he was too embarrassed to go to school because he was worried he's have an accident, but you took him on errands for 4 hours!!! Oh, and telling the world that this poor child had bowel trouble in his pants-------- I already knew it, but this seals the deal for me that she is the devil walking among us!!!!!!!!!

she’s absolutely riddled with EVIL and she’s going straight to hell!

Someone else said you can take a photo with an Apple watch. Maybe it can be done with newer models or something.
You can 'take a picture' if you are synced with your iPhone. It shows on your iPhone screen and saves it there.

ETA Further clarification:

The main way to take photos with an Apple Watch is to piggyback on the camera on a paired iPhone. The iPhone redirects whatever it can see through its camera to the Apple Watch's screen, and you can trigger the shutter from the watch as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cjberry5954