Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess I missed that she went to Play it Again in another city? Can you link to where it said that please? I thought she said she went to Play it Again in CS, Castlerock was to look for a new bike for AS?

You're right. My bad. It's still unclear but she does seem to suggest it was the CS Play it Again.

"She also said she needed the room in the back of the truck to bring used sports equipment to “Play it Again Sports,” a sporting goods store that buys and sells new and used sporting goods. Stauch said she planned to shop for hockey equipment for Gannon since it was the only sport he had shown interest in.

They later went to Castle Rock to find a new bicycle for Al Stauch, who was out of town working at the time, Stauch said."

Wouldn't it be considered MSM and therefore okay? Or is it FB that isn't allowed?
(Just asking. I know I've seen links to tweets from MSM sources.)
It can be confusing if you're not sure so:

MSM & LE social media pages (such as Joe Reporter's twitter page or ABCD News Station's FB page) but they have to be legit MSM news or LE.
FB community pages & groups are not approved sources, since they're just individually run, and not vetted sources at all.
I hope that helps.

I feel like I could find my way around Colorado Springs by memory now, and I've never even been there.

Here's a creepy coincidence. Both Lorson Ranch and Skyline Elementary (where Kyron Horman was disappeared) have a Castle Rock a little over an hour north.

It can be confusing if you're not sure so:

MSM & LE social media pages (such as Joe Reporter's twitter page or ABCD News Station's FB page) but they have to be legit MSM news or LE.
FB community pages & groups are not approved sources, since they're just individually run, and not vetted sources at all.
I hope that helps.
Does this include "Palmer Lake Herald"? I know they have been talked about in the past but I can't remember if they were okayed

Does this include "Palmer Lake Herald"? I know they have been talked about in the past but I can't remember if they were okayed
I don’t think we can use them. They are a group of locals, and not a legitimate news organization.

ETA: They have been okayed.

Last edited:
How is someone (not naming any names) be smart enough to hide him or his body so well that they haven't been able to find him yet?

Honestly sometimes it’s just pure dumb luck. She found a good hiding spot and drove to enough random spots that LE hasn’t stumbled upon it yet.

Lucas Hernandez May have never been found if not for Marshburn convincing the mom to lead them to his body. She literally placed him under a random bridge, even partially within view just sticking your head down to look.

There was another case where the perp was driving along the highway and happened upon a storm drain, and placed the body in there. If not for leading police to the body, they never would have known to search there, nor would they have seen it during any of the other searches. It wasn’t even on their radar.

If the spot isn’t somehow tied to the perp, it can easily go completely undetected.

I hope that’s not the case with Gannon.
Moo

You're right. My bad. It's still unclear but she does seem to suggest it was the CS Play it Again.

"She also said she needed the room in the back of the truck to bring used sports equipment to “Play it Again Sports,” a sporting goods store that buys and sells new and used sporting goods. Stauch said she planned to shop for hockey equipment for Gannon since it was the only sport he had shown interest in.

They later went to Castle Rock to find a new bicycle for Al Stauch, who was out of town working at the time, Stauch said."
I posted this last night- the Colorado Springs Play it Again facebook post for January 27th, was about hockey sticks. I can't link it right now, but rolled my eyes when I saw it. IMO, not too far fetched to assume she saw the post after the fact, and used it in her alibi. You just can't make this stuff up, she's really unbelievable:eek:

Yes! As a fellow Coloradan I am familiar with which news site you’re talking about. They are a small operation but reputable.
Wait, which news site is being referred to, just for reference?
Someone posted a local/community news site earlier in the thread and it was removed since it's not actually MSM.
So, I'm confused.

How is someone (not naming any names) be smart enough to hide him or his body so well that they haven't been able to find him yet?
Two of the biggest dum-dums I’ve read about to date managed to conceal Heather Elvis for the past 6 years. They simply got lucky or had help smarter than them. In this case, I don’t believe she had help. She’s just lucky so far.

I didn't know it was a law enforcement officer because when he came out, I guess he was putting his jacket on and it wasn't necessarily his fault, he was adjusting and he happened to catch me, but I saw the gun and I panicked originally and kinda thought oh gosh ,I got...
Interesting to me:
"and he happened to catch me"

Snipped by me

Why does her above explanation sound like someone caught her and the detective having sex?

I know that's not the case; but it's framed so weirdly to me; the whole exchange... "he was adjusting"... "he happened to catch me" ... "catch you", what? Pleasuring yourself in the Marshalls aisles? Maybe because she's trying to minimize this into some type of cutesy, vaguely salacious "Ooopsie!" (cue hand-to-mouth in manner of Betty Boop) non-threatening Cinemax After Dark interaction?? It's really weird to me.

Anybody feel free to tell me I'm an oddball; it won't surprise me. :p

This doesn’t take any particular skill. Gannon not being found doesn’t mean she’s smart, or that he’s necessarily well hidden.

It’s a difficult area to search, especially when you may not know exactly where to look. Snow hasn’t helped either.
I agree. There was virtually no snow when he went missing, but the ground is frozen. She could drag him off the road several feet into a culvert or field on one of these half empty backroads and he may not be found for months, even years. There wouldn't be visible footprints or drag marks unless you looked closely in the exact area.

Last edited:
This doesn’t take any particular skill. Gannon not being found doesn’t mean she’s smart, or that he’s necessarily well hidden.

It’s a difficult area to search, especially when you may not know exactly where to look. Snow hasn’t helped either.
Exactly. It's a big world out there, and it's not uncommon for someone to even be found where there were already searches.

In the Lucas Hernandez case, he wasn't even hidden, just placed under a bridge/in a culvert - but it took a few months to find him.

She isn't smart...just lucky, so far. Tick tock, time's running out.

Tammy Moorer and Bella Grogan-Canella's mom both come to mind.
Loud mouths, all over social media, liars, creating more anger and hatred for themselves than anything else.
Some people just can't shut up no matter how horrible they make themselves look.

Thanks @Ontario Mom. I forgot about TM. I’m not a fan of SM and no longer use it, but you’re right she couldn’t keep quiet either. Look where that got her. That’s why I welcome the BS interviews LS likes to do!
MOO

Wait, which news site is being referred to, just for reference?
Someone posted a local/community news site earlier in the thread and it was removed since it's not actually MSM.
So, I'm confused.
I'm sorry, now I'm confused. Her post came right after the link to PLH's FB post and after a question about a local news FB page (without naming the source) so I assumed it was in reference to the same site. I didn't know the one had been deleted. Sorry for the confusion!

If there was another FB link posted I missed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heartishome