Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #21

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am so far behind, it is frustrating. I have sped read and skipped over a lot of posts to get caught up - but then I am not really caught up.
If I repeat anything or ask a dumb question that has been addressed, I am sorry.

I am in Castle Rock. I keep seeing Castle Rock/Play it Again Sports mentioned. Why?
It would be a PITA for her to go to the PIAS here (esp via back roads) - from the Springs - esp when there are 2 down there. Also the PIAS is in a super busy area and the intersection (which is also for the outlets) is a shitshow because CDOT doesnt know what they are doing as they are in charge of the lights/roads here in town (minus a few that are run by CRgov). That entire area...all the exits/entrance to 25... is right there too...is a huge clusterf**k.

As others have said - I will back it up - it is nearly impossible to get lost here.....because of the mountains. When my MIL first moved here - it was one of the first things we told her - If the mountains are on your left - you are going north...so on and so forth. Also, any back roads to get up to CR (if that was her alleged destination???) are super duper easy to drive. Absolutely no way to get lost. << IMO and experience.

With all that said. I will never believe a word she said/says.

Much speculation with everything that's gone on but I am sure of a few things and feel the need to get this out:

Gannon was a sweet, smiling, innocent, loving boy. He had a bright life ahead of him. He was strong and brave. Out of no choice of his own, an EVIL, soulless person was put in his life. He was put in the care of this person and she failed him at EVERY turn.

Gannon~
Sweet boy, you did not deserve any of this. You deserved SO much better and were failed by those you trusted. My heart breaks for you every day. You should know you are loved deeply by those who knew you and now by complete strangers who wished they knew you. I wish I got the chance to hear one of your jokes, I love corny jokes! There are so many people working to find you and bring you home! I'm sorry it has taken so long, but you will be found soon!

#FindGannon #Hope

If you'd like more information into what info Apple provides and how often it provides that info in response to LE requests, please read here:

Privacy - Government Information Requests
Let me ask you this.

I think it’s a safe assumption that her Apple Watch was not connected to her cellular carrier.

In order for her movements to be tracked (without her phone), that would require connections to WiFi networks, correct?

So when she says her whereabouts can be easily tracked, this is a lie, right? And that’s assuming she didn’t just shut off the WiFi capability.

I am so far behind, it is frustrating. I have sped read and skipped over a lot of posts to get caught up - but then I am not really caught up.
If I repeat anything or ask a dumb question that has been addressed, I am sorry.

I am in Castle Rock. I keep seeing Castle Rock/Play it Again Sports mentioned. Why?
It would be a PITA for her to go to the PIAS here (esp via back roads) - from the Springs - esp when there are 2 down there. Also the PIAS is in a super busy area and the intersection (which is also for the outlets) is a shitshow because CDOT doesnt know what they are doing as they are in charge of the lights/roads here in town (minus a few that are run by CRgov). That entire area...all the exits/entrance to 25... is right there too...is a huge clusterf**k.

As others have said - I will back it up - it is nearly impossible to get lost here.....because of the mountains. When my MIL first moved here - it was one of the first things we told her - If the mountains are on your left - you are going north...so on and so forth. Also, any back roads to get up to CR (if that was her alleged destination???) are super duper easy to drive. Absolutely no way to get lost. << IMO and experience.

With all that said. I will never believe a word she said/says.

"I have no idea where I got lost at 12:34pm with 2 3/8th's tank of gas with the second verse of 'Better Now' by Post Malone playing. Do you need more details."

Let me ask you this.

I think it’s a safe assumption that her Apple Watch was not connected to her cellular carrier.

In order for her movements to be tracked (without her phone), that would require connections to WiFi networks, correct?

So when she says her whereabouts can be easily tracked, this is a lie, right? And that’s assuming she didn’t just shut off the WiFi capability.

Gatorage will speak to this I'm sure, but this was my understanding from the article I linked earlier. I'm assuming no cellular carrier for her watch as well. Maybe we can hope she forgot she was wearing it thus the WiFi stayed on, but I really doubt it!

Let me ask you this.

So when she says her whereabouts can be easily tracked, this is a lie right? And that’s assuming she didn’t just shut off the WiFi capability.

That's tricky, in that it depends on the version of watch she has. If she has the original or the Series 1 watch, it would only keep the heart rate/heart beat/calories burned/health info. Series 0 and 1 did not come with standalone GPS.

If it's Series 2 or later, the nice thing about the Apple Watch is that the non-cellular version is notably referred to as "GPS only". The GPS works independently, via satellite, without cellular connection. If it's a series 3 or 4, it can even mark elevation via onboard altimeter that works in tandem with the GPS.

However, the nice thing is, because she was wearing the watch throughout the duration, it tracked all of her health data. Heart rate. BPM. Active calories burned. So, worst-case scenario, you'll know exactly when her heart rate spikes, when she relaxes, when she is working hard, running/walking/sitting. With a Series 2 or later, you'll actually be able to follow her physical journey and map her along that entire route with when those peaks and valleys in her health data happen.

Also, it 100% knows if she's the person wearing it, so it will note this as an issue with the data. The watch knows this in order to not calculate a different person's health data alongside yours. It will track and record the health info anyhow, but will note it as an anomaly, and that info will be in the data LE receives.

Edited to add: When she arrived home, her watch connected to her WiFi and synced. If the battery was dead, it connected to WiFi and synced as soon as she began to charge it. There's no way that the watch still works and hasn't uploaded the data.

Stepmom claims she left her phone home on 27 Jan when she left with Gannon to go shopping. Wonder where his phone was during that trip?

She also said he dropped an electronic device before getting in the truck, that she picked it up. Is that device, whatever it was, missing? Perhaps that’s something they were looking for during the snow sifting searchers. Maybe it was presumed tossed out the window, as an example.
I think that must have been his Switch...[game boy of the future]

I wondered if it might have been smashed up and thrown out the window.

That's tricky, in that it depends on the version of watch she has. If she has the original or the Series 1 watch, it would only keep the heart rate/heart beat/calories burned/health info. Series 0 and 1 did not come with standalone GPS.

If it's Series 2 or later, the nice thing about the Apple Watch is that the non-cellular version is notably referred to as "GPS only". The GPS works independently, via satellite, without cellular connection. If it's a series 3 or 4, it can even mark elevation via onboard altimeter that works in tandem with the GPS.

However, the nice thing is, because she was wearing the watch throughout the duration, it tracked all of her health data. Heart rate. BPM. Active calories burned. So, worst-case scenario, you'll know exactly when her heart rate spikes, when she relaxes, when she is working hard, running/walking/sitting. With a Series 2 or later, you'll actually be able to follow her physical journey and map her along that entire route with when those peaks and valleys in her health data happen.

Also, it 100% knows if she's the person wearing it, so it will note this as an issue with the data. The watch knows this in order to not calculate a different person's health data alongside yours. It will track and record the health info anyhow, but will note it as an anomaly, and that info will be in the data LE receives.

Edited to add: When she arrived home, her watch connected to her WiFi and synced. If the battery was dead, it connected to WiFi and synced as soon as she began to charge it. There's no way that the watch still works and hasn't uploaded the data.
Damn. Well let’s hope she was wearing that watch then.

Even if it doesn’t tell law enforcement where she went, it can still add to the evidence against her.

JEEZZ!!
Ive been asleep and I got a wnole thread to catch up on and I have do read all your comments from where I left off cos as sickening as this/she is sometimes your humour is impressive and much needed in the midst of tragedy :)

I'm surprised the site didn't crash!!!
FB must have gone poo bat crazy:p

When she arrived home, her watch connected to her WiFi and synced. If the battery was dead, it connected to WiFi and synced as soon as she began to charge it. There's no way that the watch still works and hasn't uploaded the data.

Is there no way to stop it monitoring some / all functions for a time period? Similar to switching a mobile phone to flight mode?

I think we all want to know how strenuous shopping for 2nd hand hockey gear is though. Is it on par with hiking mountainous trails?

Damn. Well let’s hope she was wearing that watch then.

Even if it doesn’t tell law enforcement where she went, it can still add to the evidence against her.

I agree, and it's not going to make her look good at all. All that data is timed down to the millisecond, so even if there's no GPS, she mentions an accident-surely there's a note of the time. She went to Play it Again Sports, there are cameras that would capture her driving into the parking lot or passing a gas station in that time frame. There are cameras in Petco that will give away what time she was there, and how long. And they can compare that time to the data on the watch and cross-reference it with her health information and say "She had a heart rate spike 20 minutes after she was last seen heading west on _________ passing 7/11" and then narrow location down that way. The watch is going to be a huge piece of the puzzle, I think.

I agree, and it's not going to make her look good at all. All that data is timed down to the millisecond, so even if there's no GPS, she mentions an accident-surely there's a note of the time. She went to Play it Again Sports, there are cameras that would capture her driving into the parking lot or passing a gas station in that time frame. There are cameras in Petco that will give away what time she was there, and how long. And they can compare that time to the data on the watch and cross-reference it with her health information and say "She had a heart rate spike 20 minutes after she was last seen heading west on _________ passing 7/11" and then narrow location down that way. The watch is going to be a huge piece of the puzzle, I think.

I'm not fully up to speed here, but did she give her statement after they announced the search, or before and the media released it coincidentally after? Because if they baited her into throwing out exit numbers and play it again sports stops, this LE dept deserves some major trolling accolades.

Is there no way to stop it monitoring some / all functions for a time period? Similar to switching a mobile phone to flight mode?

Great question. You can disable a few things, such as Activity Tracker/Fitness Tracker. That counts your steps/tracks heart rate/breathing. However, if you've ever downloaded an app that has terms and conditions, you'll see that it's going to gather some information anyhow (recording every 30 seconds versus every second). If she's downloaded a third party application via App Store, like Zombie Run or something, it forces you to keep that info enabled, so the info is still collected constantly. Much in the same way that your iPhone knows when you're driving versus when you're a passenger, so enables the "I'm driving, will text you later" message.

Most people don't disable it, because most folks aren't bothered by anything except the "Breathe" reminders, because when you're in the middle of a heated argument about whether or not Puck from the Real World is worse than Rachel from the same season, the last thing you want is to have your watch tell you to calm down.*

*Not based on anything that happened a week ago.

I'm not fully up to speed here, but did she give her statement after they announced the search, or before and the media released it coincidentally after? Because if they baited her into throwing out exit numbers and play it again sports stops, this LE dept deserves some major trolling accolades.
This was before. The interview happened on Monday, and was only published yesterday.

The search was scheduled yesterday, and was supposed to be executed today.

She certainly seems to have an answer for everything.
So is she saying Al wasn’t away for the weekend with the National Guard? I hadn’t read that before.
Unnecessary how no one seemed to have seen Gannon that day but her. Neither of the girls when they got home. Do LE have video of her shopping that day and is Gannon in it.

Are we all9wed to talked about the video with the couch no that crime online is MSN and she did that interview with them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member