Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Depends on the model of Apple Watch she has. Use Camera and timer on Apple Watch

If you read that link, you’ll see what it actually says/means. I posted the same link last night but with the actual explanation: it can be used as a shutter/timer for the iPhone or iPad. If you search Gatorage’s posts you’ll see why she’s qualified to speak to this (I had to do that myself since I missed her original post). HTH.

Without permission, LE would need a warrant.

Ok but if the account is in her husband's name, couldn't he give permission?
That's how it works with other personal property.
And if LE were savvy, then they would've asked her for permission to search the watch details in front of other family members and BM so she would've felt compelled to or else look like she wasn't helping...Or at the same time they asked for her phone because of course she willingly gave them permission on that because she left it at home. Sooooo, ergo... it would look fishy if she gave them permission for the phone but not the watch.

Alternatively, someone mentioned earlier in the thread that she may have taken a screenshot of an older picture of she & him in the driveway. If she deleted the old one, it would make it look like a new selfie to the naked eye. Phone forensics would likely later be able to uncover this by looking at the source information, but it could buy more time...
Her arrogance deceives her to believe that she is smarter than a highly specialized computer forensics expert.

Don't be confused because what appears as stupidity is often blatant arrogance.

If you read that link, you’ll see what it actually says/means. I posted the same link last night but with the actual explanation: it can be used as a shutter/timer for the iPhone or iPad. If you search Gatorage’s posts you’ll see why she’s qualified to speak to this (I had to do that myself since I missed her original post). HTH.
True! I corrected it in the original post.:) Thanks!

Also, I just confirmed with my son that you can take photos/selfies using a Switch game system. (But she did say she used her phone.)
Well that's good to know. My 11 year old has a Switch and I had no idea it had a camera... .so there goes any chance he had of me allowing it to connect to the internet for sure like he's been begging for.

I get it! It confused me bc I know people whose watches take photos but someone else pointed out that they are not made by Apple specifically.

I get it! It confused me bc I know people whose watches take photos but someone else pointed out that they are not made by Apple specifically.

No worries, I was confused too! Lol :p And honestly, as an editor I have to say that Apple link is still somewhat unclear and could be written better for clarity. It still somewhat lends to the impression that you can take pictures with the watch per se (starting with the title).

Ok but if the account is in her husband's name, couldn't he give permission?
That's how it works with other personal property.
And if LE were savvy, then they would've asked her for permission to search the watch details in front of other family members and BM so she would've felt compelled to or else look like she wasn't helping...Or at the same time they asked for her phone because of course she willingly gave them permission on that because she left it at home. Sooooo, ergo... it would look fishy if she gave them permission for the phone but not the watch.

LE doesn't need permission.

No Warrant, No Problem: How the Government Can Get Your Digital Data — ProPublica

@gatorage, thank you for sharing this information and clarifying my understanding of GPS (satellites). We can only hope that hers was an Apple watch series 2 or later. But if so, if she didn't offer it to LE to examine, can they obtain the information without her approval?
Yes, I would assume that LE had a warrant for the Applewatch data early on. This may be the source for all the areas they have been searching so far.

I would like to know more about the area where she 'claims' she got lost and had to take the back roads because of an accident. I forgot the exit but I think she said it was RT 105 or something.
She must have had a reason for mentioning it.
Do any locals know where this might be? I wonder if this area was searched?

Imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members