Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It could have been a typo, maybe it should've been 96? Who knows.
I agree it could be. And maybe more likely is a typo or an estimate. But I hope LE are looking into it! A 955 mile trip the day after a disappearance would be a bad thing to miss because we just assume it’s too crazy to be true.

I don’t understand these side of the road poking in shallow snow searches. They are not looking for a body in those areas.

The video in the twitter post shared a few pages back show they start at the road and move their way into the wooded areas. I have personally taken part in a search, and this is precisely how it was conducted.

I have followed several cases very closely via MSM, and many news clips of several searches that took place in precisely this manner. I don’t find it odd, honestly. They have to move the snow to check for anything beneath. Some seem to make better use of their shovels compared to others.
Moo

I think that's exactly what we're seeing today. TS's comments have helped refocus the search. Or at least re-energize it. LE was obviously right about where they were looking and that didn't happen by chance.

Her Apple Watch...is her Achilles heel. I wonder if it got jettisoned along the way, once she realized what she was into. Even if the iPhone (if left at home as she says) isn't a sign of premeditation (it probably is), the tossing of the watch while in the commission of the crime is certainly a damning piece of evidence.

Her need to avoid GPS (on her own car) explains why she took the truck (if it isn't GPS enabled) and left the phone, but she didn't know about the watch. Most people don't. Maybe we ought not to keep mentioning it here. I'm still mulling that over.

Well, we could stop it buuuuuttttt... in this case, as others have pointed out, for example, just because one's rental car doesn't have useable GPS, does not mean that the rental car company doesn't lo-jack them against theft. ;)

Also, she can't erase her own Apple Watch history; so there's that.

Granted, if she's going to go and hide more evidence, that could be a problem.

Her Apple Watch...is her Achilles heel. I wonder if it got jettisoned along the way, once she realized what she was into. Even if the iPhone (if left at home as she says) isn't a sign of premeditation (it probably is), the tossing of the watch while in the commission of the crime is certainly a damning piece of evidence.
I've often thought maybe LE didn't know she had the watch right away.

If she had her phone confiscated, I wondered how she had access to some unmentionable SM things.

If she had her watch for awhile before they realized it, and her phone had no GPS data from that day because she left it... that may have been the delay in getting her locations for that day.

Last edited:
What do you mean by fuel service? And that seems high for a little basic no-frills no-GPS Kia sedan...

I am not sure how to add photos here, but at the very bottom of the receipt (it was too large for us to put the entire receipt into CMS), it says, "Your Non-Taxable Products/Fuel Service: $118.88."

The video in the twitter post shared a few pages back show they start at the road and move their way into the wooded areas. I have personally taken part in a search, and this is precisely how it was conducted.

I have followed several cases very closely via MSM, and many news clips of several searches that took place in precisely this manner. I don’t find it odd, honestly. They have to move the snow to check for anything beneath. Some seem to make better use of their shovels compared to others.
Moo

Dear @perception≠reality,

Thank you for sharing your experience in a search. This is very important and I appreciate your post!

I often rent economy cars when I drive to see grandchildren four states away, as the good mile makes for a cheaper trip than driving my old gas guzzling truck. I'm aware that rental companies are able to unlock your rental for you electronically, monitor your speed, your location. I've read in the news that some companies have cameras and microphones in their cars. All these capacities have nothing to do with a GPS. So...if you're listening...you may not be as clever as you think. JMO
But when your child is endangered, who gives a crap about gas mileage?

Well my other half rents a vehicle 4+ times a year. They walk with you to the rental car, check the mileage with you and the gas level with you. You sign off on what their reading is. If you return the vehicle without the same level of gas you are charged to fill it up to that level at premium pricing not necessarily the gas rate now. IMO, the mileage we see is correct. We have never seen the wrong mileage or gas measurement in 6+ years since we have been together. The only thing we have seen change is the vehicle we reserved and that happens before they print the receipt. IMO, just bc the rental company believes you are using it in state does not mean you'll stay strictly in the state.
I have a bazillion rental car receipts if we need clarity i can share them here with name and address omitted of course.

Last edited:
What do you mean by fuel service? And that seems high for a little basic no-frills no-GPS Kia sedan...
If you don't bring it back full they charge you an astronomical amount per gallon to refill. I recently paid $9.99 a gallon when returning a rental in Savannah, GA because I wasn't familiar with the type of gas gauge the car had. I thought it was full but I still needed 2 gallons. $20 right there!

I am not sure how to add photos here, but at the very bottom of the receipt (it was too large for us to put the entire receipt into CMS), it says, "Your Non-Taxable Products/Fuel Service: $118.88."

I'd assume "fuel service" means how much it cost the rental company to top up the tank after she returned it, if she didn't return it with a full tank (or with the same amount it was given to her with), but it doesn't make sense that it would cost $118 even to fill up a Kia Rio sedan from empty. And it doesn't sound like she would have had to give them gas receipts for her own fill-ups/top-ups. :confused:

Non-Taxable Products - @MassGuy, maybe you better call your friend again and ask what those could be :p They do sell other products and services/add-ons at the counter...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper