Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why REALLY would she rent a car the morning after GS went missing? I don't for one hot second believe that she thought it would be best to drive around in a rental car. By the time she rented that car it was about 16 hours after she supposedly figured out that GS was missing, late January, with weather likely in the 30's.

You guys. If you used all the gas in a car that size you drove like 300+ miles. Someone needs to check credit cards to see if she filled it up a few times to get to that 955 number.

Why are they blocking off the locations? Doesn’t the article say it’s the airport location?

Would Gannon's dad even believe that rediculous story about needing a rental car because Gannon would not come to a car he recognizes?
Woefully way behind again, since part 2 came out today...

In any case, if she told AS some crazy story about how Gannon was mad at her for something and left in a huff, then AS might believe her when she suggested they use a different car, so that Gannon wouldn't hide when/if he saw the truck. (Now watch this be in her next round of verbal diarrhea online somewhere).

Except... the police have known from the beginning, the description of the person who came and got him, and the person who sent that person, and all of that.
Because, she took of selfie with her phone from Gannon's phone while they were parked on the side of the road in the driveway.
Because, gate key.

Makes sense to me. o_O

Ok I have a couple of questions and I am hoping that anyone here with a Psych background can help me out.

DOES SHE REALLY THINK WE ARE FALLING FOR ALL OF THIS?

DOES SHE THINK WE BELIEVE HER AND HER EXPLANATIONS MAKE SENSE?

WHY DOESN'T SHE SHUT UP?

OMG!

Sorry, I know I'm yelling. I'm not yelling at anyone here I promise. What in God's Name is wrong with this woman?

My partner comes from a big family. One of the family tales is how one of my brothers-in-law (young teen at the time) hadn't been seen for a while. He had pain from appendicitis and curled up in bed to sleep it off. Fortunately, they got him to the doctors before it ruptured.

In this type of scenario, appropriate action was taken and care was given.

Why would Gannon's main caregiver not drive him to the hospital or call 911?!

This is what makes me believe that she was responsible for physically hurting him in some fashion prior to Monday and could not allow him to tell anyone.

If it was appendicitis rupture not caused by anyone, no reason not to call 911.

In my opinion, she couldn't afford for Gannon to tell on her.

A logical person would not have rented a car, but an "economical" person would have filled it up to avoid any additional charges.

and she would have brought it back by 8:50am the next day as well. She is worried about a rug in a rental- that the landlord must change out after 18 months anyway? And buying a new bike, etc.
She volunteered that rental. I want to know about Saturday through Monday. And her lease miles are yearly. How do I know? I called VW

I wonder since Tuesday was the day he supposedly tossed her *advertiser censored* to curb she also rented the car that day I wonder after she got tossed/left if she moved gannon just my opinion
That’s what I am suggesting. She staged a problem—like I am leaving bc you let your ex stay in the house. Then no one is with her to notice she moves him and maybe moves him FAR away.

Well, since BUDGET was an issue, maybe she ubered? (it would be funny if it weren't so bizarre and tragic). I think she just is flat out making up excuses as she goes. The rental car is very perplexing unless it was used as a part of her cover-up, it makes no sense otherwise.

While rental agencies do rent GPS separately, they also put geo-tagging on all cars, as cars go missing all the time - that's how they locate them. She may not have known or understood this. The rental desk would have answered her question "Does it have GPS?" as a consumer question "No it doesn't" (have GPS that is usable by the driver as that's what normal people are asking.

Only criminals and similar care whether their rental car has GPS tagging on it. Which I find it hard to believe any airport-based agency would not use. They all use it.
Geo-tagging ? This is good news!

Just had another thought. Why is she concerned about him running away from a familiar car if now she is saying he was kidnapped?

Right? And even so, she's suggesting that despite a vision of him having been out all night and all the next day in miserable cold wet conditions, probably very hungry and scared to death-- he'd be afraid of the sight of his own Dad?

Here’s how car rentals work with respect to fuel:

— you can prepay, at a reasonable price per gallon. However, you are charged for a full tank, even if you return the car 1/2 full.

— you fill the car yourself, within a certain mile range from the rental return, and aren’t charged for fuel. FYI, ideally keep the receipt

— you don’t fill the car yourself, haven’t prepurchased the fuel, and are charged to refuel. In those cases, the cost per gallon IS approximately $10 per gallon.

Based on the fuel surcharged, she returned the car near empty. To figure out the mileage driven, multiply the MPG of that model times the tank capacity.

Who blacked out the return location, Tee or the reporter? That would tell whether she drove a maximum one way, or a round-trip to return to the same location. Given that there isn’t a one-way drop fee, my guess is she returned it to COS.

I was partly responding to FlamingoLady's post (#604) where she said:

If you don't bring it back full they charge you an astronomical amount per gallon to refill. I recently paid $9.99 a gallon when returning a rental in Savannah, GA because I wasn't familiar with the type of gas gauge the car had. I thought it was full but I still needed 2 gallons. $20 right there!

So an empty 12-gallon (roughly) tank x $10/gallon could come out to around the $118...
Thank goodness she had mind enough to sell the sofa to offset that gasoline refill!!!!o_O moo

Why REALLY would she rent a car the morning after GS went missing? I don't for one hot second believe that she thought it would be best to drive around in a rental car. By the time she rented that car it was about 16 hours after she supposedly figured out that GS was missing, late January, with weather likely in the 30's.
The only wild idea I can think of is that there is someone ELSE who she was hiding from, not that Gannon would run away if he saw the normal car, but that someone else would notice her car (again?). As in, didn't we see that red truck or the VW, just yesterday?

Only the fuel she had to pay at the end. She could have filled up 3 times, I don't think a rental would be able to determine how much total fuel was burned since a certain time, would it?

Mileage. Rental cars are all about the mileage when you pick the car up and drop it off. Easy to guesstimate how much gas was needed for the miles driven.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper