Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, since BUDGET was an issue, maybe she ubered? (it would be funny if it weren't so bizarre and tragic).

She drove her car and left it at the airport when picking up the rental. It's in one of the earlier posts from the past hour or so. I'll try to find it.

ETA: Per Leigh Egan (the Crime Online reporter who interviewed TS) in post 633:

She said she drove her car and parked it there. She got it when she returned.

She rented the car at 8:50 am and returned it at 1:20 pm the following day.

So I think it’s likely she ended up being charged for 2 days.

Vehicles are rented on a daily (24-hour) basis. There is a 29-minute grace period for returns. After 30 minutes late, hourly car rate charges and taxes may apply. After 90 minutes late, full-day late charges and taxes may apply. After 7 hours late, if you didn't call to extend your rental, an additional $10/day late fee applies. There is no grace period for rental fees, surcharges and optional equipment or protections charges. Full-day late charges will apply for these items.

Cars

Here’s how car rentals work with respect to fuel:

— you can prepay, at a reasonable price per gallon. However, you are charged for a full tank, even if you return the car 1/2 full.

— you fill the car yourself, within a certain mile range from the rental return, and aren’t charged for fuel. FYI, ideally keep the receipt

— you don’t fill the car yourself, haven’t prepurchased the fuel, and are charged to refuel. In those cases, the cost per gallon IS approximately $10 per gallon.

Based on the fuel surcharged, she returned the car near empty. To figure out the mileage driven, multiply the MPG of that model times the tank capacity.

Who blacked out the return location, Tee or the reporter? That would tell whether she drove a maximum one way, or a round-trip to return to the same location. Given that there isn’t a one-way drop fee, my guess is she returned it to COS.
And that only tells us that she emptied the tank at least once. She may have refilled once or twice if the 955 ends up being accurate.

As for her story about not wanting to go over a mileage allocation for a lease, leases are set for total months and total mileage. You can do the math and keep a monthly goal, but I challenge anyone to find a lease whose terms require a monthly check.

She did not want to drive her car, likely because of the GPS, and then did not want Al in the truck.

I'm getting mixed up on the timeline. Can someone help me straighten out my brain? Fill in what I'm missing - or make corrections what I have wrong!

Saturday
Gannon cut foot in garage and bled

Sunday - day
Hike to Garden of the Gods
Burger King

Sunday - night
Do we have MSM info for Sunday night?

Monday
Gannon home sick from school
4-hour road trip with barf bag in AS's car
Gannon reported missing (who made the call?)

Tuesday
TS rents a car at the airport, picks up AS in the rental car

Wednesday
TS returns rental car

What day did AS kick TS out of the house?
What day was the neighbor's video released?

TIA for any help filling in/correcting the timeline - with WS-approved info only. :)

Jmo

You guys. If you used all the gas in a car that size you drove like 300+ miles. Someone needs to check credit cards to see if she filled it up a few times to get to that 955 number.

Why are they blocking off the locations? Doesn’t the article say it’s the airport location?

Model: 2020 Kia Rio
MPG: 33 city / 41 highway
Fuel tank capacity: 11.9 gal

Model: 2019 Kia Rio
MPG: 28 city / 37 highway
Fuel tank capacity: 11.9 gal

Car only had 5 miles on it, but Budget Rent a Car may have gotten a deal on a 2019../ so listed both

Vehicles are rented on a daily (24-hour) basis. There is a 29-minute grace period for returns. After 30 minutes late, hourly car rate charges and taxes may apply. After 90 minutes late, full-day late charges and taxes may apply. After 7 hours late, if you didn't call to extend your rental, an additional $10/day late fee applies. There is no grace period for rental fees, surcharges and optional equipment or protections charges. Full-day late charges will apply for these items.

Cars
So did AS arrive at the airport around the same time as when she picked up the rental car?

I can't wrap my head around any of this, although I haven't spent the time on here as some of you, so forgive the scattered thoughts.

I can't get past her declaration that she rented a car with AS to search for Gannon incognito. First of all, that would be really easy for LE to substantiate by talking to Dad, but secondly, the stepmom's making an argument that Gannon may be so frightened of her/them for getting in trouble that he'd be actively avoiding their vehicles?

If that's not one of the big red flags in this case, I don't know what is. She basically admitting that Gannon was scared out of his mind the last moments they were together.

My head is spinning. TS had THE busiest couple of days. Hiking, lunch, selfies, bike shopping, sports gear trading, car swapping, rental car renting, working out, caring for a terribly sick child, caring for an additional child......like, WHAT????? o_O

Cars
I know from experience, this is the case. She paid for two days, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petrina