Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rental receipt from the Crimeline article
955 miles? !

ETA :
Just stopping in to catch up.
I am sorry for repeating what so many else have.
I am just absolutely stunned !
Going to go and make the fam some pizza.
Promise to catccatch up properly when I return !

I can't fathom that she drove 955 miles. I think it's an error, personally.

I also find it pretty odd (if those readings are correct) that she managed to rent a car with only 5 miles on the odometer. Five miles? I guess all rental cars were once brand new but still, getting one at an airport that is? Lots of "new" cars for sale at dealerships where I live have more than 5 miles on the odometer.

Also, if the car has an 11.9 tank as many comments say it does, what does

8/8 /8 mean on the receipt?

She rented the car at 8:50 am and returned it at 1:20 pm the following day.

So I think it’s likely she ended up being charged for 2 days.

Vehicles are rented on a daily (24-hour) basis. There is a 29-minute grace period for returns. After 30 minutes late, hourly car rate charges and taxes may apply. After 90 minutes late, full-day late charges and taxes may apply. After 7 hours late, if you didn't call to extend your rental, an additional $10/day late fee applies. There is no grace period for rental fees, surcharges and optional equipment or protections charges. Full-day late charges will apply for these items.

Cars

It shows the Breakdown under ‘Your Vehicle Charges’ on the left side of the receipt, and it does show that she got charged for the additional day. $36

Your post just brought up a picture in my mind-- What about carbon monoxide poisoning? Maybe she tried that and it didn't work, either quick enough for her or ?????and it just made poor Gannon dizzy, off balance, unable to get in the truck normally? Just thinking out loud....

Was there a vehicle in the garage?

So if we think it’s possible she drove between 400-955 miles the day after, do any of you think this increases the chance she DID know where Gannon was and moved him (alive) to an out of state relative? Or does it make you suspicious she moved the body far away? Or what other theories...?

I also find it pretty odd (if those readings are correct) that she managed to rent a car with only 5 miles on the odometer. Five miles? I guess all rental cars were once brand new but still, getting one at an airport that is? Lots of "new" cars for sale at dealerships where I live have more than 5 miles on the odometer.

It means the car’s gas tank was 8/8 full when she took it and 0/8 full when she returned it. This aligns with her being charged $118ish in fuel charges, as is stated above.

I think she was desperate to keep her husband out of that truck and that's why she rented the car. I can just hear her telling him some stupid reason and 'Gannon is so mad at me, he's gonna run from us if he sees our car, blah, blah, lies...' Then they rent the car, AS never sees the truck until T has taken care of it - maybe it needed cleaning to hide evidence or God forbid, Gannon was stored in it until she had time to hide him. I hate writing that, but she had to have driven something to the airport to pick up AS, even though they left in a rental so I think it could be possible. I would love to know what time she left home to return the rental compared to when she actually returned it. If there's a big gap in there, I'm worried that she was up to something. jmo, MOO

My thoughts exactly. Thank you for summing it up, I was right in the middle of typing out a similar idea. I think the rental had more to do with keeping the truck away than any nonsense she spewed about needing a rental.

I think she was desperate to keep her husband out of that truck and that's why she rented the car. I can just hear her telling him some stupid reason and 'Gannon is so mad at me, he's gonna run from us if he sees our car, blah, blah, lies...' Then they rent the car, AS never sees the truck until T has taken care of it - maybe it needed cleaning to hide evidence or God forbid, Gannon was stored in it until she had time to hide him. I hate writing that, but she had to have driven something to the airport to pick up AS, even though they left in a rental so I think it could be possible. I would love to know what time she left home to return the rental compared to when she actually returned it. If there's a big gap in there, I'm worried that she was up to something. jmo, MOO
Very good point. When she returned the rental and picked up her own car at the airport, did she go to the car wash?

just wondering

JMO

It means the car’s gas tank was 8/8 full when she took it and 0/8 full when she returned it. This aligns with her being charged $118ish in fuel charges, as is stated above.

I don't think Gannon was ever in that rental. There would be evidence of such and that would have nailed her. I do think some evidence was likely discarded and a visit to wherever she left poor Gannon with the rental. I knew that dang rental tied in. As I said a reporter asked LE that very question in an early presser. It stuck in my brain that reporter knows something.

Hoping the car rental agency did not make mistakes, that never helps.

Am baffled as to what kind of interaction she and AS could have had once he was home...with this car rental, her taking off all day (?) to drive around on her own? Is that what happened? Also wondering what AS thought of her before this happened and if he felt confident Gannon was fine with her? It is all such a mess...jmo

So, according to the latest article:
Gannon Stauch stepmom reveals where she went the day Colorado boy disappeared [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW]

ADT detected movement in the basement area and the main floor around 3pm. Doesn’t that prove someone else was there besides TS? We know the sisters weren’t home yet and AS was out of town....so could it have been Gannon?

and now Leigh Egan has confirmed the selfie on GS’s phone, which by TS’s account, was taken after they returned from their “shopping trip.” So maybe, just maybe, GS did exit on the opposite side of the truck that day, and he did return home.

Does anyone know the Alice Crimmins case? We could have something similar here.

I don’t doubt that TS feels guilty about something, hence her reactions and attacks—but everything changes if Gannon did in fact come home that day.
They have 2 dogs. It was pretty cold that afternoon, and there were reports that it had rained on and off, IIRC. So wouldn't the dogs have been inside at some point? The ADT may have detected the doggies running around.

Are we sure that the selfie was taken AFTER the shopping trip. In her latest statement T says that she didn't back into the driveway when they returned home. Is that selfie going to show where the car was parked at the time?

Or better question, has anyone seen that selfie? Leigh seemed to confirm only that Tee said there was a selfie using Gannon's cell. She doesn't confirm that she has seen said selfie, has she?

OK, why did she even mention saying that Gannon might not come to them if he saw the VW? I don't think AS would be driving the VW? I don't believe this tidbit anyway, but she's basically admitting that he would stay away from HER car. (I think someone mentioned this about 100 posts ago). Now, was there a reason to make sure that her own car, the SUV, was not seen at her home for 28 hours? Actually more, considering driving to airport and back.

Sorry. Still not getting it. What does 8/8 have to do with an 11.9 gal tank?

A refueling charge wouldn't be based on eighths of a tank, after all.

I question that "5" too, but I know that dial can be fiddled with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper