Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
See, I know what probable cause is used for. My point is not related to that. My point is (1) We have no evidence that LE has interviewed her and (2) They don’t need probable cause to do a consent search.

There's lots of evidence that only LE has. There's other evidence that family members and neighbors have. "We" (WSers) don't get anything except MSM and official LE announcements (we can't even sleuth public records related to interested parties and post about it here - so, when you say "we" - do you mean everybody here? Everybody here does not have equal access to all those sources of information).

But, truth is - "we" will never all see the same evidence. And if you want to exclude MSM (which is who reported that TS was interviewed by police - based on TS's statements) then it's just LE.

Is that your point? That all of us should use the same rubric and now abandon every single thing ever said by TS? Because she's a lying liar?

I don't believe she's 100% lying. And, like most people who eventually sit on juries, I'll use my own rubrics to decide when I think someone is full of it. I think the police really did follow her to the shopping center and take the car away, and I think they talked to her.

I think the eventual filing of warrant materials and LE reports will show that.

Yes. This is a criminal case, and they are behaving as if it is a criminal case.

They merely refuse to say publicly what we all know.

Dan May wasn’t at that house just to stretch his legs, and crime scene investigators didn’t spend days there because they believe a crime did not occur.

Was kidding...

Also I don’t think it’s correct.

Consent searches (or consensual searches) are searches made by police officers in the United States based on the voluntary consent of the individual whose person or property is being searched. The simplest and most common type of warrantless searches in the United States are searches based upon consent. No warrant, probable cause or reasonable suspicion is required to perform a search if a person, or someone else with the proper authority, consents to a search.

But LE won't usually do consent searches in homicide cases. It is a dangerous way to try and obtain evidence.

The property owner can revoke their consent, and then the vital evidence can be kept out of the upcoming trial.

We see it all the time, where LE will park outside a crime scene and wait for a judge to sign a warrant, even though a family member has given consent already. It is the safest way to protect potential evidence.

Problem is, I don't even think the logic and truth would break her. This gal is a horse of a different color.

MOO, MOO
Agreed. She could literally be caught on camera committing a crime, and she would claim “it wasn’t me.”

They say “the camera doesn’t lie,” but this woman would beg to differ.

But LE won't usually do consent searches in homicide cases. It is a dangerous way to try and obtain evidence.

The property owner can revoke their consent, and then the vital evidence can be kept out of the upcoming trial.

We see it all the time, where LE will park outside a crime scene and wait for a judge to sign a warrant, even though a family member has given consent already. It is the safest way to protect potential evidence.

But it’s not a homicide case, remember ? He is a runaway ....

Mom may see daughter will soon be am orphan as evidence piles up and a conviction looks very possible even without a body.
Her limited maternal instincts may tell her to give up body to LE/family to prove something good exists in mom.

She won't be an orphan. She'll be a nearly 18 year with a parent in prison. Not unique. Plus I assume the Air Force, unless she is involved. And if Mom killed her stepbrother, nothing but evil in ol' mom.

How do you know they have ? Would they have given her a pass for a solid month after what we have all heard ? Where is the solid interrogation skill that would have resulted in her arrest ?

I would have broken her by now.

Sometimes you let them have the freedom to hang themselves. Skilled investigators know this. They know the kind of person they are dealing with... there are all kinds of ways you can interrogate someone. It's not all like the movies.
Work smarter not harder.
You can't "break" someone once they've lawyered up. Not easily. Again, you have to know your subject.
And badgering someone for hours on end into confessing is just lazy police work. IMO.

There's lots of evidence that only LE has. There's other evidence that family members and neighbors have. "We" (WSers) don't get anything except MSM and official LE announcements (we can't even sleuth public records related to interested parties and post about it here - so, when you say "we" - do you mean everybody here? Everybody here does not have equal access to all those sources of information).

But, truth is - "we" will never all see the same evidence. And if you want to exclude MSM (which is who reported that TS was interviewed by police - based on TS's statements) then it's just LE.

Is that your point? That all of us should use the same rubric and now abandon every single thing ever said by TS? Because she's a lying liar?

NO

I think the police really did follow her to the shopping center and take the car away, and I think they talked to her.

I think the eventual filing of warrant materials and LE reports will show that.

I hope so.

Why don't they call it what it is?
See, I know what probable cause is used for. My point is not related to that. My point is (1) We have no evidence that LE has interviewed her and (2) They don’t need probable cause to do a consent search.

What evidence would there be that she was never interviewed? That does not even make much sense. Why would the mother of a missing 11 yr old refuse to be interviewed?

And is there any reason they wouldn't want to interview the last person to see him?

I think there is zero possibility that she was not interviewed by Law Enforcement.

She says she has been interviewed, and her daughter says she has been interviewed, and LE has described some of the circumstances themselves---so I can't imagine it never happened. JMO

If you are saying the can actually roll it back, that’s illegal. If you are saying that they “roll it back” metaphorically speaking I guess that’s possible. They sell their cars once the reach a certain mileage, so I don’t see them doing the actual rolling back if it was even possible. I know people who worked for both Hertz and Enterprise. For what it’s worth? IMO, JMO

I worked at my family's car dealership for awhile. Absolutely it is illegal to roll back an odometer. People do it, but not often, and certainly not huge companies like Budget, Hertz, etc.
We also had vehicles to rent and offered unlimited mileage within region. We still kept track of the mileage. There's a lot of record keeping, mostly for insurance purposes. I can tell that just because they offer unlimited mileage doesn't mean they can just get all willy nilly with tracking mileage.

I imagine they log the odometer reading on each vehicle whenever it goes out and comes back. I couldn't see the receipt so I'm wondering if the 955 wasn't the odometer reading upon return of the vehicle, and not the total number of miles driven?
For instance, I rent a car that has 805 actual miles on it and I drive it 150 miles they might record it as returned with 955 miles?

Sometimes you let them have the freedom to hang themselves. Skilled investigators know this. They know the kind of person they are dealing with... there are all kinds of ways you can interrogate someone. It's not all like the movies.
Work smarter not harder.
You can't "break" someone once they've lawyered up. Not easily. Again, you have to know your subject.
And badgering someone for hours on end into confessing is just lazy police work. IMO.

Yes on the rope and the hanging.

No on the badgering. Just simple well timed movements and words.

100% she has no lawyer. And as Sting said it best “Truth hits everybody”.

Yes there is evidence for the interview/s. You'd be better off saying you're not aware of any, otherwise the assertion derails the thread and is a burden on others to trawl back and do your research for you.

I worked at my family's car dealership for awhile. Absolutely it is illegal to roll back an odometer. People do it, but not often, and certainly not huge companies like Budget, Hertz, etc.
We also had vehicles to rent and offered unlimited mileage within region. We still kept track of the mileage. There's a lot of record keeping, mostly for insurance purposes. I can tell that just because they offer unlimited mileage doesn't mean they can just get all willy nilly with tracking mileage.

I imagine they log the odometer reading on each vehicle whenever it goes out and comes back. I couldn't see the receipt so I'm wondering if the 955 wasn't the odometer reading upon return of the vehicle, and not the total number of miles driven?
For instance, I rent a car that has 805 actual miles on it and I drive it 150 miles they might record it as returned with 955 miles?
I’m convinced something like that happened. I don’t believe she rented a car with 5 miles on it, and returned it 955 miles later.

She would have had to disappear for many hours, and I don’t think we’d see searches focused this close to home (40 miles away).

With a new car, unlimited milage, and the vehicle being nowhere close to its first oil change, I think several people rented that car before she did, and the odometer wasn’t checked after each rental.

ETA: And who the hell is lucky enough to get a rental car with 5 fricken miles on the odometer?! No way.

Last edited:
I remember so many years ago being so caught up in the Kyron Horman thread. It just grabbed me because my boy was so near his age and I just couldn't imagine his mom's pain. I'm trying to keep up here, but find myself thinking this is going to have the same outcome, no closure, a child just gone, evil unpunished again. I intentionally took a full day break reading, just for the hope that I would open Websleuths and get some great news. So sad. Prayers for innocent Gannon...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper