Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #23

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
MOO

What if TS, having been the resident adult that weekend in to Monday, may have been responsible for exacerbating GS' possible feelings of guilt and fear from possibly having done something either accidentally or recklessly and that was the catalyst that may have lead GS to want to leave the house, under guise of 'wanting to visit a friend'?

Maybe there was no guilt and fear episode. Since GS stayed home from school, maybe he simply wanted to visit his friend (whom I expect would have been arriving or had already arrived to home from school around the 3ish-4ish time frame). Maybe the friend is GS' go-to at school?

Regardless of which of the above, guilt or no guilt, maybe while walking to the friend's house an evil someone intercepted GS and took him? Maybe GS was taken by a neighbor? I expect LE wouldn't have searched every house in the local and broader neighborhood.

Or, maybe TS is fully responsible for GS having gone missing from the house earlier in the day? Shopping trip?

MOO

Above are the options before us, with perhaps only one being of a popular consensus based on what we think we know so far.

But is it possible a 'neighbor' abducted GS, maybe from one of the backyards through which GS may have been traveling to get to his friend's house? What evidence would there be? Note that we are not yet aware if GS is seen on any other video beyond the one from RD.

I am as confused as anyone at this point. Previous to the revelation last night of the rental car ....did we guess LE searches (which aren't random) were based on pings//data either from her watch or a device (Switch)...????
I don’t think we knew then or know now what they are basing searches on. It could definitely be tracking data from devices. It’s possible the car was caught on camera too. But they’ve also gotten over 800 tips.

Yeah, I am suspect of the whole thing, so I tend to agree with your line of thinking. I guess maybe she didn’t know about the extra fuel charges if you don’t return it full. But I tend to think she didn’t spend a whole gas tank driving up and down streets either. Wouldn’t mind hearing AS weigh in as he may be able to confirm or deny how long they searched.
I wonder why she didn't just return it at 8:30 am on Wednesday. What was she doing that was so important to keep the car overtime?

I am as confused as anyone at this point. Previous to the revelation last night of the rental car ....did we guess LE searches (which aren't random) were based on pings//data either from her watch or a device (Switch)...????
I do tend to think the focused searches were based on data they were getting back. Could be from all devices you mention or it's trickling in from some.

I cant answer your question.....
just wanna agree there is just so much to unpack in this case its mind boggling!

and i don't think its a coincidence imo.......

moo

MOO

What if TS, having been the resident adult that weekend in to Monday, may have been responsible for exacerbating GS' possible feelings of guilt and fear from possibly having done something either accidentally or recklessly and that was the catalyst that may have lead GS to want to leave the house, under guise of 'wanting to visit a friend'?

Maybe there was no guilt and fear episode. Since GS stayed home from school, maybe he simply wanted to visit his friend (whom I expect would have been arriving or had already arrived to home from school around the 3ish-4ish time frame). Maybe the friend is GS' go-to at school?

Regardless of which of the above, guilt or no guilt, maybe while walking to the friend's house an evil someone intercepted GS and took him? Maybe GS was taken by a neighbor? I expect LE wouldn't have searched every house in the local and broader neighborhood.

Or, maybe TS is fully responsible for GS having gone missing from the house earlier in the day? Shopping trip?

MOO

Above are the options before us, with perhaps only one being of a popular consensus based on what we think we know so far.

But is it possible a 'neighbor' abducted GS, maybe from one of the backyards through which GS may have been traveling to get to his friend's house? What evidence would there be? Note that we are not yet aware if GS is seen on any other video beyond the one from RD.
Yes, it is possible. Everything is on the table until we know. But doesn’t strike me as super probable. Her behavior in driving a sick child to exchange sporting equipment or offering explanations about blood, vomit and poop become extremely coincidental then. And it would be strange for him to not appear on any of the neighborhood cameras.

I went through it in the mid 90's. Relatively young widow with 4 kids under the age of 12.

Not that we're allowed to sleuth the step-daughter (or TS, really), but (total speculation as it pertains to her income) it's entirely possible TS is receiving a Social Security Survivor's benefit (payee) for her daughter, due to her daughter's deceased father.
Also, since there is only 1 benefit recipient at this point, assuming benefits are actually being paid, she is entitled to the maximum amount the SSA allots for families.
TS would have also received it until she married, but her marital status only affects her benefit, it does not affect the minor child.
https://www.ssa.gov/pubs/EN-05-10085.pdf

The SSA details are facts, the rest is entirely speculation.
No sleuthing was performed in this post.
Batteries not included.
Dry flat.
Do not feed after midnight, or get the creature wet, under any circumstances.
All other various disclaimers apply.
Thanks. I was confusing my ssi with the kids. I never got remarried so I didn't know. I'm sorry for your loss and for your kids too.

I do tend to think the focused searches were based on data they were getting back. Could be from all devices you mention or it's trickling in from some.

Were they based on actual data from devices or the route to the supposed places she says she went to on Monday? Since we don't have a MSM account of her journey, one can only speculate.

That is the best I have seen. Thanks for digging this up. So let’s say they interviewed her Tuesday late afternoon or early evening, that does seemingly give her time overnight to move things around. Not completely sold on that theory, but think that leaves room for it.

My pleasure! I like your thinking and your process - but I really don't like the thought that Gannon is possibly farther away than we initially considered :(

I don’t think we knew then or know now what they are basing searches on. It could definitely be tracking data from devices. It’s possible the car was caught on camera too. But they’ve also gotten over 800 tips.

So we heard her "excuse' she forgot her cell phone on Monday.
"Stauch admitted that she left her phone at home on January 27," ...what about Tuesday when she had the rental car? Wouldn't you be anxious hoping/praying for a call. If she did have it with her...regardless of where she went, LE would know, would they not?

A cctv camera, possibly several because the only one we know about is Rd's though many people living there have cctv.
Until reading about this case, I was unaware of how ubiquitous these cameras have become. I have to imagine they’d potentially yield a ton of information such as the comings and goings of all the various vehicles and family members, perhaps including garage entrance and/or side of house (gate) activity, not sure. If there were odd nighttime car movements, unusual vehicles or visitors, obvious chaos around the garage or the gate, much or all of that may have been recorded, maybe even including some audio. I truly had no idea I was living in such a world and I can only hope those involved in whatever happened to Gannon may have been as ignorant as I was. Ditto for tracking abilities of a child’s electronic games. Something like that would not have occurred to me and I do wonder if the sifting of snow could have been related to this somehow.

I went through it in the mid 90's. Relatively young widow with 4 kids under the age of 12.

Not that we're allowed to sleuth the step-daughter (or TS, really), but (total speculation as it pertains to her income) it's entirely possible TS is receiving a Social Security Survivor's benefit (payee) for her daughter, due to her daughter's deceased father.
Also, since there is only 1 benefit recipient at this point, assuming benefits are actually being paid, she is entitled to the maximum amount the SSA allots for families.
TS would have also received it until she married, but her marital status only affects her benefit, it does not affect the minor child.
https://www.ssa.gov/pubs/EN-05-10085.pdf

The SSA details are facts, the rest is entirely speculation.
No sleuthing was performed in this post.
Batteries not included.
Dry flat.
Do not feed after midnight, or get the creature wet, under any circumstances.
All other various disclaimers apply.
Thanks. I was confusing my ssi with the kids. I never got remarried so I didn't know. I'm sorry for your loss and for your kids too.

MOO

MOO

I would also question this version based on my belief that he didn’t get out of the truck and that there was never any other evidence, as far as we know, that he returned. But I respect the fact that you stated you believe the shadows in the surveillance clip might be G leaving the vehicle due to the way you interpret the lighting via your photographer’s eye.

Probably not likely..but...suppose during the Mon trip an injured boy was left for dead. If he survived somehow, he would definitely hide if he saw her vehicle. So the next day required an unknown vehicle and then back and forth and back and forth searching for any sign??? Just a thought
Wow. That just made me sick to think about. She could have left him somewhere and went to get him while he was still living. Then drive him up to 900 miles away. I know this is super far-fetched and out there, but I had a thought yesterday that maybe she had driven him to Oklahoma wherever AS had been. Crazy! I know!

I still strongly suspect they have more than just location data from one of the devices. Their searches (especially the snow sifting off 105) have been targeted and intensive enough that I think they're working off some specific information, rather than just following her tracks. It could be anything... like someone with knowledge talking to LE, K9 hits, it could be someone finding discarded evidence, etc. And those leads may or may not even pan out. I'm just speculating but I think there's a good chance they're working off something like her location history data AND a witness account.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member