Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know some always look at fires in the area. I’m noting this one but apologize, I don’t know how close it is. Posted 2 hrs ago. Nor do I know if the photo is actually from the scene because it looks small compared to them saying propane tanks going off?

KKTV 11 News

BREAKING: Firefighters are responding to a small grass fire in the area of Babcock and Edison, just west of Platte and Powers. Our crew says there are propane tanks going off.

I don’t know Colorado law at all. It is a rental. Here that means landlord gives the ok for anyone to inspect, etc. I am wondering how that works in Colorado? I gather for trial, a search warrant is prudent? Necessary?

Would a landlords permission only cover anything in plain sight?, so if they wanted to specifically search or inspect anything belonging to TS they would need a warrant?

I don’t know Colorado law at all. It is a rental. Here that means landlord gives the ok for anyone to inspect, etc. I am wondering how that works in Colorado? I gather for trial, a search warrant is prudent? Necessary?
In Colorado it depends entirely on what’s in the lease. For instance, if the lease doesn’t say landlord can enter in cases of emergency a landlord can’t even enter to turn off water in case of a flood.

ETA I don’t have a link, but that exact flood example was given in a 2019 CO Real Estate continuing education class.

Would a landlords permission only cover anything in plain sight?, so if they wanted to specifically search or inspect anything belonging to TS they would need a warrant?

I'm curious why this is a question. If LEO suspect a crime has been committed, why wouldn't they get a warrant? Searching without one, permission or no, opens up method for the defense.

Gannon Stauch's parents make video plea for leads; district attorney visits family home

Feb 5, 2020 Updated 9 sec ago

~snip
A reporter with Denver's Fox affiliate tweeted that 4th Judicial District Attorney Dan May was seen Wednesday afternoon at Gannon's home with detectives, and that the the group doffed shoe covers upon exiting the home.

A short time later, the El Paso County Sheriff's Office tweeted that May's presence in the home "does not change the ongoing efforts in the search for Gannon," and that there were no new updates to report.

“Our priority remains bringing Gannon home safely to his parents and the investigation continues," the tweet stated.

Sheriff's office Sgt. Deborah Mynatt told The Gazette on Wednesday afternoon that she had "no idea" as to the specifics of May's visit, including purpose and whether his presence would be typical in similar situations.

"It didn't change anything," she said, adding that charges have not been filed in the case.

May's office did not immediately return The Gazette's request for comment.

More at link: Gannon Stauch's parents make video plea for leads; district attorney visits family home

They did say at the first press conference that there were “persons of interest” (as in people with pertinent information).
meaning interesting people... hopefully not including ricin laboratory people and the like.. I totally disputed the police would use tactics in this case, now I think they are.
Realistically they could have cordoned off the house with opaque barriers if they didn't want to be seen..
They chose to be seen.
This should be simple, it is not.
It should be simple if it was LE investigating a suspect.
at this stage I'm beginning to wonder whether some aliens landed and got involved or caused it...
something entirely outside of our expectations, something we cannot even begin to imagine.
no crime/crimescene/POI/child
WDH could be going on?
I'm now thinking that the 'leak' was not at all significant.
If it was, LE would have taken that footage and sealed it so nobody would ever see it.
they would not have forgotten to do that. Bag the thing fast and take it away. It belongs to the investigation.
They must be playing a long game here.
She's hardcore but they deal with hardcore all the time, she wouldn't have phased them.
She could just tell them she dropped him off close to his friend's house, say she got time muddled or something like that..

Long time lurker, first post. This video got me thinking it might be a neat idea for there to be like an Amber Alert for Ring/door cams. It’s an alert that goes out to relevant neighbors and you can submit your video fast to authorities to help find missing people (like for Gannon and Mollie Tibetts). Hoping justice for this case soon.

That is in place...
I have Ring - and it has a 'community' message board built into the app.
Douglas County Sheriff and my local town specifically - you can sign up with LE to let them know you have a cam.
I have done this - even though I have a sleepy street.

Long time lurker, first post. This video got me thinking it might be a neat idea for there to be like an Amber Alert for Ring/door cams. It’s an alert that goes out to relevant neighbors and you can submit your video fast to authorities to help find missing people (like for Gannon and Mollie Tibetts). Hoping justice for this case soon.
WELCOME TO WS !!
What a brilliant idea !!

I'm curious why this is a question. If LEO suspect a crime has been committed, why wouldn't they get a warrant? Searching without one, permission or no, opens up method for the defense.

A Judge will not sign a warrant based on an officer's suspicion or belief. There has to be probable cause and that requires facts and evidence. Investigators can only search what's listed on the warrant.

(The magistrate must find probable cause to believe that the place to be searched contains items alleged by police to be in connection with criminal activity).

I have to agree with this. I just noticed (I don’t think it’s been mentioned) but in their front yard they have an Adt sign.
I am not entirely familiar with their services but as I understand they can include video but at the very least do they log the comings and goings?
With that said it’s under the assumption that they actually had it on of course.
Just brainstorming as to how much of the puzzle has came together.

She backed that truck up to avoid the cameras on her porch- imo. There is an exit from the house through the garage in the floorplan... Ring doorbells were a hot gift this year and on sale with the camera...

And ADP compatible: Ring Doorbell is a Wi-Fi enabled doorbell that allows you to see and speak with visitors at your door from anywhere. ... Each doorbell has an HD camera (720P) with night vision and smart motion detection. Even better is that it works with ADT Pulse; You can see it in your ADT Pulse App Ring Doorbell works with ADT Pulse - Zions Security Alarms

A Judge will not sign a warrant based on an officer's suspicion or belief. There has to be probable cause and that requires facts and evidence. Investigators can only search what's listed on the warrant.

(The magistrate must find probable cause to believe that the place to be searched contains items alleged by police to be in connection with criminal activity).

Given the activity at the house, I think we can safely assume that probable cause was proven.

In Colorado it depends entirely on what’s in the lease. For instance, if the lease doesn’t say landlord can enter in cases of emergency a landlord can’t even enter to turn off water in case of a flood.

ETA I don’t have a link, but that exact flood example was given in a 2019 CO Real Estate continuing education class.

For matters involving law enforcement, a landlord cannot give consent to the police to search an occupied rental property. Only a tenant listed on the lease agreement can do that. If the police have a proper search warrant, then the landlord is obligated to allow them to enter the rental property, even if the tenant is not there. bbm

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member